The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt Empty
PostSubject: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt 4829831321a9126703676l
Hood

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt 4829831321a9126704827l
Skirt (circle skirt, elastic waist, jagged edge which is more randomly jagged than it looks here)

You can see how gathered it is here..
Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt 4829831321a9126704928l

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt 4829831321a9126705274l
Cape, which is just the biggest rectangle I could get out of the remaining fabric with the hood stitched at the middle. Eh, looks cape-ish enough Razz

At first I stitched the hood on the wrong way and we could not figure out what we'd done wrong for ages haha.

I still need to hem those two edges and I'm going to make a closure with a scrap of the skirt fabric I have left. Either a loop and a button or a tie. I'm liking the sound of a loop and a button.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

awsome Smile Is this just for fun or for Halloween?Smile
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Looks well-done, Sor! As for the cape closure, it depends on where you're going to close it. If you close it at the neckline, a loop and button might be a little strangling. If you go a little farther down than that, or at the corners where your friend is holding it together, that could be a really interesting look. Then again, at that low point, you'd be in constant danger of it slipping off your shoulders, which kind of kills the reasoning behind the closure at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 am

Shannon, it's for halloween. She's going to be a scary Red Riding Hood.
She got these halloween red fake nails from Claire's with black tips and a blood drop type thing and she's going to wear ripped black tights. Ooh and on a costume website they had a wicker basket with a wolf's head in it. So we may try and do that if we can find a wolf toy!

Liz, yeah it's closing at the corners where she's holding it. We put a brooch on it to see what it would look like closed and it seemed to be staying fine, but I might go with the ties just in case.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:45 pm

You could always go with both. Some thin ribbon at the neckline, and the brooch wherever you wanted it. That could actually be pretty awesome, come to think of it. Or the brooch at the neckline and the ties on the inside so it doesn't look tied..
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:48 am

She might not be going as little red now. :/
She got this dress from Primark yesterday and wore it to the party and now she wants to wear that to Thorpe Park. It's not scary and we're all going for scary rather than an era or something like that.
The only option I can think of is zombie and I doubt she'll want her face done up all bloody and such..
There's always someone friggin' changing something everytime we're going out as a group! Annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt   Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt Empty

Back to top Go down

Little red riding hood cape (type thing) and skirt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: