The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Colossal Mascara

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:42 am

Colossal Mascara Maybelline_Colossal
Lets see...
SOOOOO..
Pros:
I love the way it makes my lashes look, plumps'em'up, and my bottom lashes are fabbbb.
The bottle is cute, I love the highlighter color and stuff.
It's only $6, so that's a big plus.

Cons: UGHH! THE SMELL OMG THE SMELL.
SICK. SICK. SICK.
The end of the brush is kindof sharp... So it kindof hurts.. Idk.

It's def worth checking out, I like it, but I don't know if I'll buy it again.
I like switching up mascaras though, I haven't found one that I can't live without yet.

~~~
Colossal Mascara 2631490088_acebd6251f

Colossal Mascara 2630668595_6f8d1002fc
No lahses.
Colossal Mascara 2631489920_f2c4d33207
HAY LASHES!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm

you look so differnt without make up, haha. cutiee. ^_^

i love the way it makes your lashes look. i'll probably see if i can get my hands on some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 pm

lol I'm actually wearing shadow and foundation, it's just one my eyes is mascaratized, while the other isn't.. : ( Crappy lighting and cell phone pictures... Surprised
Oh, and I can't really smell the mascara anymore, it's been a couple of hours, and the smell has gone awayyyyyy.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:31 pm

I'm still disappointed that it didn't do what I expected, but since I only paid $5, its no [extra] skin off my nose. Good formula, better packaging than Lash Blast overall, and easy to maneuver...but if it really DID make my lashes "colossal," [when I say that, I mean THICKER, since it does give amazing length] I'd be head over heels for it. Otherwise, I'm giving it to mum [since a waterproof version isn't available].

Last edited by PolyphonicThought on Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:45 pm

Yeah, I need a waterproof mascara for the beach, and if they come out with the 'proof version of this I'd totally buy it.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 1:59 pm

Yeah, I prolly would too - its better than the other Volum Express mascaras [its easy to layer and doesn't clump]. I was annoyed when I couldn't find a WP version because that's all I ever wear because my eyes are sensitive and tear very easily. And the WP Lash Blast...good lord. I've always had trouble removing their mascaras, and this was absolute hell. It flakes everywhere, got in my eyes and burned them. I prefer Maybelline's WP mascaras because they come off easily.

Meh, I need at least ONE mascara that gives some volume...maybe I'll just get lash stylist again.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:06 pm

I never really wore a wp mascara, so idk...
But you should look into Blinc's Kiss Me mascara, I hear mad good things about it.
It doesn't smudge, or flake, even if you tear up, or anything.
It's expensive though... $24...
http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P46017&categoryId=B70
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I've heard about that stuff, I think Moxie like, swears by the stuff. I'll have to check that out once I go to dallas. Ohh, I was interested in Tarte's 4 Day Lash Stain for a while - its free of any bad stuff, its waterproof, and easy to take off [no oil based products near your lashes if you aren't taking it off.].

But yea, you'll like Maybelline WP mascaras, if you have a good makeup remover [or even a really good face wash], you'll have no problems; they don't smudge or any of that stuff, and stay on until you take it off. I gotta re-by my HG face wash [by benefit] so I can take my makeup off!
Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 3:11 pm

I got it when it came out few weeks ago because i fell for the packaging , it's such a cool color.
I did not notice the smell , i have just smelled it now since you have mentioned it Jayme Razz It's pretty bad but i can live with that.
It's not the best mascara in the world, but i like it better than Mac's plushlash which i payed more for.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Nice, tell me how it works out for you when you try it, Puff.

lol, yeah, that sucks, but at least MAC's mascaras aren't THAT much. : )
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Will do!

And am I the only one that got it in Glam Black? I love the blue like tint in it.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:37 pm

I was going to, but I didn't think about it, and just grabbed the first one I could get my hands on!: (
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:02 pm

I was gonna get the regular, but I read about how most chicks were annoyed with the bluey tinge, and had to see for myself. I think it looks damn good. It's not too noticeable, but its super neat.

I grabbed the first one I saw as well. Though after I bought it, I freaked realizing it wasn't waterproof, and ran back to see if they had any. Razz

They had to have thought I was tryin to steal or somethin...lol.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:38 pm

karina wrote:
I got it when it came out few weeks ago because i fell for the packaging , it's such a cool color.
I did not notice the smell , i have just smelled it now since you have mentioned it Jayme Razz It's pretty bad but i can live with that.
It's not the best mascara in the world, but i like it better than Mac's plushlash which i payed more for.

I accually got it Colassal because I had been using Plushlash and it's crap! Plushlash just seems to make my lashes look short and stumpy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 pm

I always wonder why people buy MAC mascaras cos they look kinda crummy to me. I'll buy a WnW mascara before I get a Plushlash or Zoomlash or whatever the hell its all called.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:11 pm

I had heard some good things about Plushlash, but now that I've tried it I just don't see what people were liking about it, plus it fades off by the end of the day. The only good thing is that I can use it for Back 2 MAC as soon as I can use up 5 more things. I doubt I'll be using any non-drugstore mascaras ever again since I've never used a high-end one that I've liked.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Yeah, I feel the same about Lash Blast...so many people hyped it up, and said it was the best thing on earth...one woman had to cut the wand in half to get use of it, though. :\

The only high end mascara I used was Diorshow, and I liked it a lot. It gave decent volume and made my lashes all fatty looking. It may be a while before I spend $24 on a mascara, though.
Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:37 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
I always wonder why people buy MAC mascaras cos they look kinda crummy to me. I'll buy a WnW mascara before I get a Plushlash or Zoomlash or whatever the hell its all called.
yeah i got talked into it by the MA. I'm never buying Mac mascara again. I also once bought the Givenchy eye fly for $20 from Sephora and it sucked as well. So no more expensive mascara for me.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 11:45 pm

I've been so tempted to try Diorshow forever, but for the price I'm scared I won't love it, and for $24 I better really love it!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:02 am

Its not too bad. Its kind of on the thick side from what I recall, so it takes a while to dry, but it does a decent job. Im not sure if Im willing to spend $24 on something I'll only use for 3-4 months though - maybe if I had some money left over to spoil myself!

Oh Karina, I've heard bad stuff about Givenchy liners as well. Apparently they're too watery. Their double ended mascara thing some people seem to like, but meh...I wouldnt bite. ;-;
Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:13 am

I no longer buy the high-end mascaras. MAC makes shitty ones, Benefit BADgal lash gave nice thickness but completely deflated my curled lashes, Lancome Hypnose was a flaky mess, and Diorshow was okie I guess.

My fav and the one I keep going back to? Good ol' Maxfactor Stretch and Seperate for a cool $4.69.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:33 am

I heard that Hypnose actually deflated curls as well. Sort of disappointing. My fav cheap one is lash discovery. I like that I can still get to my tiny lashes, and I can go either light or heavy with it. I wear heavy liner a lot though, so I like full n soft to keep my lashes looking [and feeling] soft [er, how obvious].

I gotta admit, Ive always been apprehensive with max factor mascaras. how's the one you have work, Jenn?
Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 12:35 am

i want to try this colossal lash business. shall hunt.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:15 am

I bought one MAC mascara, I think it was pro lash.
Idk, but now it just sits in my makeup case.
Dumb. lol.
Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am

OMG Puffy you NEED Max Factor mascaras! They're a god send! **rushes off to post review**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colossal Mascara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colossal Mascara   Colossal Mascara Empty

Back to top Go down

Colossal Mascara
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next