The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Currently Reading...

Go down 
+17
Larlelar
pickle
justme
shadowsforsale
hello disaster
electrikkk
Gloomyjewel
GinaELIZABETH
ninibaby
hyperventilating
witch_lilly
cherrybomb
anjelik_dreamin
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
kaylalane
Kirsty
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Currently Reading... Empty
PostSubject: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:32 pm

So we have a favourite book topic but I wanted to share what I'm reading at the moment - as it might not be your favourite.

So let's share!

Will help get some new ideas too.

I'm currently attempting to read Les Miserables! All 1230+ pages of it! Go me Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I am currently re-reading 'The Other Boleyn Girl' by Phillipa Gregory. I mean to go and see the film, but I want to read the book again before I do Smile

I want to read the new Julie Andrews Biography next!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:25 pm

Jess wrote:
I am currently re-reading 'The Other Boleyn Girl' by Phillipa Gregory. I mean to go and see the film, but I want to read the book again before I do Smile

I want to read the new Julie Andrews Biography next!

OMG I JUST FINISHED THAT!
I could not put it down! 5 days of my holiday - gone in that book. I thought it was so good. I liked how it was kinda true and I know what happens in general but how it was a good story too.
I really liked it.

I gave it to my mum and she came to me the next day and was like "oh my gosh Kirsty, I cannot put that book down!"
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 6:35 pm

I just finished the Diary of Anne Frank. Meh...
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 7:14 pm

Just finished Grief Girl. Nice book to read when you life is shit. Then you don't feel so bad.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 pm

Reading 'If Chins Could Kill - Confessions of a B Movie Actor ' by Bruce Campbell. It's loltastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:10 am

I'm about halfway through it now.

Kiki, have you seen the film yet?
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 am

The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights by John Steinbeck. It was a prescribed text for My Arthurian History and Myth class but it's throughly enjoyable Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:57 am

nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult.
Back to top Go down
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:26 am

Finished "Feuchtgebiete" by Charlotte Roche a few days ago and it was better then I thougt it would be.
Now I read Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami again. Just love that Haruki Murakami.

Last edited by cherrybomb on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 6:29 am

faro's daughter by georgette heyer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:54 am

Kendra, I love thst book, you have to get Make love the bruce Campbell way after your done!!
I just re-finished Catcher in the Rye, and now I'm reading On the Road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

I really like Chuck Palahniuk but not good for the closed minded.
:]
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:31 pm

renegade_kitsch wrote:
Kendra, I love thst book, you have to get Make love the bruce Campbell way after your done!!

...OMFG. Sounds like the book of my dreams, hah!
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Annie wrote:
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

I really like Chuck Palahniuk but not good for the closed minded.
:]

No offence but I hated that book with an absolute passion. I've never come so close to not finishing a book b4. Let me know what u think when u finish it!!

I'm reading "Dexter: Darkly Dreaming"
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 5:19 pm

Just started the Stone Steps by Virginia Dyer Vogt. Its okay.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Jess wrote:

No I havent! I watched about 15mins of it online but it was really bad quality. None of my female friends would go and Gordon certainly wouldnt...grr! I'll rent it!

Do you watch Ugly Betty? I think it's so funny that her necklace is like...identical! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:24 am

Kiki wrote:
Jess wrote:

No I havent! I watched about 15mins of it online but it was really bad quality. None of my female friends would go and Gordon certainly wouldnt...grr! I'll rent it!

Do you watch Ugly Betty? I think it's so funny that her necklace is like...identical! Razz

Yes, I do watch Ugly Betty! Is the second series going to finish, 'cos I'm sure I haven't seen anything new going on and wasn't there a writers strike? I have no idea what's going on in telelvision... Razz I actually didn't notice the necklace thing, but it's so true!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 12:45 pm

Yeah there was a writers strike. We're about to start getting the last six episodes for this year. but I don't know when you will get them over there
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 pm

well theyve been repeating the last episodes on e4 and although i watch it only, the new series (before thre strike) start only about 2 weeks after the one in america so it shouldnt be too long for you jess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 am

I'm currently reading Strangers in Paradise by Terry Moore (comic), Aftershock by Quintin Jardine (crime novel) and Fables:1001 Nights of Snowfall (another comic).
Back to top Go down
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

Number of posts : 1209
Name : Flor, whatever
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm reading Sofies Verden by Jostein Gaarder, a norwegian writer.
It's something like the "history of the philosophy", related to Sofies, by a strange professor.. in order to make it more funny or less boring.

I like it and i saw the movie before... i totally recommend it
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/FlorMantecon
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 4:38 pm

I just read In the Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez. It was an interesting insight into the life of the people from the Dominican Republic, who for about thirty years, lived under the treacherous dictator Trujillo. The story was focused on the Mirabal sisters- their lives, how they got involved in the revolution, etc. I would recommend it for anyone particularly interested in politics, but I personally didn't like it. It was wayyyy dragged out. And hard to get into.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 5:16 pm

just finished slaughterhouse 5. love it. amazing. completely not what i expected but it was so good. i really like vonneguts style of writing.

started Murakami's wind-up bird chronicles last week but i borrowed twilight from a friend to see what all the fuss is about and have gotten caught up in it.

im stuck between enjoying the sense of writing as it seems to be...well like her thoughts and its nice but also its just that her writing isn't fabulous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 pm

We started reading Catcher in the Rye for English, if that counts.

And Kendra, I thought my family was the only one in the world who knew that book existed! Haha we have a copy somewhere but I have yet to read it.

And the movie of The Other Boleyn Girl was really good. I didn't read the book but my parents were watching the movie one time so I kind of just watched the entire thing haha. Natalie Portman = so hot. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently Reading...   Currently Reading... Empty

Back to top Go down

Currently Reading...
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Books-
Jump to: