The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting my nose pierced!

Go down 
+3
pinkhaired
Aelwyndaeira
TOONRULESOK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Getting my nose pierced! Empty
PostSubject: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Okay, so i've wanted my nose pierced for ages, on on saturday my best mate is going to get a scaffold in her ear so while she's their i am seriously considering getting my nose done.

The only thing that's holding me back is the pain.

I know that's ridiculous, but i have a really low pain threshold as it is, and because it's making me scared i might not go through with it.

So first, I'd like to know what it feels like if any of you have had it done? also, gun or needle? My sister's was done with a gun and said it hurt less, is this true?

Also, ring or stud?

annnnddd aftercare????

I want to get everything covered in my head before i go through with it really. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 12:41 pm

DON'T get it done with a gun. Your nostril is cartilage, and the gun will just rupture it, making it heal less quickly and more open to infection. A needle is the only way to get cartilage pierced, that way it actually removes the cartilage, leaving a space for the jewelry.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:04 pm

Seconding Shauna, DO NOT get it done with a gun. Don't get anything done with a gun. The holes I have from a gun went funky, whereas the needle ones are perfect.

As for pain, don't think about it. The needle is going to go in and then come out before you can think "oh shit what have i done" so if you really want it just be brave!
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:13 pm

I've had my nose peirced twice and plan on doing it the third and hopefully final time soon (its a long story)
But, I'm a fairly squemish person and have a fairly low pain tolerance, but really its not that bad. And they do it really fast, so don't worry about it.
And yeah, like Shauna and Kate said definately go for the needle.
Also, from experience, either stud or ring are fine, but I did find the ring way easier to clean because you can move it around and there is really nothing in the way when you clean it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:48 pm

studs look better than rings, rings look sick in your nose.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:51 pm

I think they look good actually. And its all about personal prefrance anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Ahh I jus think they look pure butch and manly. So not a good look.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 pm

All I was trying to say is thats just your opinion.
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 4:04 pm

I quite like a small ring in my nose. I only opt for a stud because it's easier to get in.

And I agree with everyone else, needle is the best way to go. I had mine done with a gun.... *shudder*. Knowning what I do now about guns and what not I wouldn't get it done with a gun again.
Back to top Go down
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 4:26 pm

just say no when it comes to guns!!

i got mine done in july with a needle...and it can be likened to popping a big zit, your eyes will water but other than that it wasnt bad... the weirdest part was having someone else put their fingers in your nose.Smile ive used both a ring and a stud..i liked the ring but my parents didnt so i had to change it before the holidays... there are pictures of me with the ring in around..ive been trying to get it back in and it wont go and it makes me sad...

as for after care try not to play with it and make sure you wash your hands before cleaning it... they should give you a salt water spray... you clean it with that a few times aday...spray some on a cotton bud or directly on it...and you can do a warm salt water soak make sure you use sea salt, and its one cup of warm water to a 1/4 teaspoon of salt... use a cup that you can put your nose in and the piercing is under water... do that for like 5 minutes atleast once aday for a bit after you get it done then every so often while it heals.

whew... that was a lot.. dont for get to show us when you get it!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 8:44 pm

it really didn't hurt as much as i thought it would. what hurts more is accidently pulling it out because im a moron. Razz
Back to top Go down
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 pm

yeah!!! especially when your blowing your nose and the tissue likes to pull out your screw...not cool
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:42 am

or when i forget to wear tape over it for rugby, and then it gets caught in someone's hair. >.< hurts like a BITCH.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:32 am

OUCH. that sounds baad kat!!

so, it's really not that bad?

I'M GONNA KILLA LLL THE PEOPLE WHO SAID IT WAS THIER MOST PAINFUL PUERCING.

ha ha ha. thanks girls and for all the advice! I'll be sure to take a photo!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 12:14 pm

well it depends what else they have done...all down to personal experience. neither were very sore but most people said their scaffold hurt more than their lip but my lip was a bit more painful...mainly due to the fact my ear got numbed tho!

im considering getting my nose done. ive wanted it for aaaages.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:33 pm

it's really not that bad! i'm a big wimp and it wasnt really painful. just feels like a sharp pinch...on your nose. lol.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:40 pm

ahahha. okay. i thinkk i'll go through with it.

I also have a phobia (oh god you're all gonne ban me because i'm a freak) of people touching the inside of my septum. like. i dunno. so we're gonna ask the man who does it to be careful ha ha ha. i'm scared it'll get like proper scraped. ewww *shudder*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Yeah I say do it Hana, I mean most it will be is like a seconds pain and then it will be over with and you will be left with a nice new piercing. And it could never be as bad as your fears let you make out, your mind always has a way of over playing things. And about your phobia, I don't think you are a complete freak or anything and the piercey person (technical eh?) won't either, just talk to them and they will listen and oblige, I mean afterall you are technically paying their wages for the time they are doing your piercing! Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 5:19 pm

good luck! i've always wanted a nose piercing, but never actually gone through with it. Personnally i definitly prefer rings over studs but its down to what you prefer, really. Although apparently rings are easier to clean.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 am

...MY BANK HATES ME.

i didn't have enough money >_<

But, we went and i think i ight get my tragus doen instead, so who knows... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting my nose pierced!   Getting my nose pierced! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting my nose pierced!
Page 1 of 1