The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make-up necessities?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Make-up necessities? Empty
PostSubject: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:00 pm

As a 'late' X-mas gift my dad is going to take me make up shopping.
I'm not sure of a budget or anything most likely under $200.
When I go shopping I like to have an idea of what I need so I don't come home with a bunch of junk.

So I'm asking you girlies to tell me what your make-up necessities are or something I should have.

p.s. I'm too big on lip makeup and I have brushes already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:03 pm

Concealer has got to be a must have.

And mascara makes alot of difference to eyes also. As long as any girl has these in her makeup kit, then they're set to go!

Touche Eclat is expensive concealer but good, as is Benefit's 'Boi-ing' or 'Lemon-Aid'.

I'm not big on mascara as usually i use fake eyelashes, but I'm sure someone else will know of a good one Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:09 pm

apparently dior's mascara is really good, benefit some kinda gorgeous foundation faker is amazing, boi-ing concealer is great

i'm not much help tho sorryy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 pm

a bronzer is always a must but not too dark!

as well as a good highlight and a lip conditioner
Back to top Go down
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 pm

nice quality brushes...they dont have to be rediculose expensive...target has some nice ones... you'll want a powder brush, blush/contour brush, eyeshadow brushes, highlight...ummm there are more which have escaped me....

as for mascara im all about covergirl...i like lash exact and the new lash blast(in the orange tube) are good...
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:13 pm

A good loose powder is a must-have. If you have good skin, you can use just that, or use it to set foundation and blush. Also acts as a good base for eyeshadow.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 3:24 pm

you'll need a powder, preferably pressed for touch ups. my favourite was revlon. loose powder is good too - you should try covergirl for that, because it lasts forever.

foundation. there's many kinds, but its all about preference. my favourites are stick foundation and powder foundation, because they reduce the appearance of my pores. the best foundations are by covergirl and revlon, so try them first. the best range is loreal's true match. what kind of finish would you like? matte? dewy? think of how you'd like to look!

I find that every girl needs a blusher. with foundation and concealer and powder, your natural colour isn't showing through. a nice blush will make all the difference. try physician's formula blushes. they're the best for almost all white skin types!

concealer is a personal thing, but useful if you break out and want to hide it. also, if you wake up late and you've had a rough night, they hide dark circles. I prefer to go one shade lighter. some get a matching shade, but it does nothing for me, since my circles are really dark.

mascara is also a personal thing. I prefer waterproof because I have watery eyes. maybelline makes the best drugstore mascara. I my favourite is lash stylist, because it makes me look wide awake. turbo boost is my favourite for volume. would you like long lashes? lush, thick ones? natural looking ones? they have different formulas to check out and a guide that can help you a lot.

clear mascara is good to have to groom your brows - remember that groomed brows change your ENTIRE appearance. trust me.

primer is, once again, something personal. I use sally hansen's airbrush primer. I have oily pores, so it helps my makeup last a lot longer. its especially nice when you have a special event to go to.

bronzer, blah. I've been looking for one as a contour, but I have a trick that I use to the point that I dont even need one to get an all over glow. it can be useful, but I find them to be useless when it comes to girls with porcelain skin.

you dont need a highlight, either, but once again, useful when you'd like a nice glow.

eyeliner is great for defining the eyes quicky. and a simple eyeshadow is good, I prefer a taupe or gold for day and maybe a swipe of eyeliner when I dont have time for dramatics, haha.

that's pretty much it! if you have any questions at all, you can PM me or IM me on AIM at PolyphonicThought. hope I helped. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks girls.

That post makes it sound like I have no make-up.
tongue

but that information is good for everyone.

It's really helpful.
:]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make-up necessities?   Make-up necessities? Empty

Back to top Go down

Make-up necessities?
Page 1 of 1