The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I want a new look [Pics]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

I want a new look [Pics] Empty
PostSubject: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 12:25 am

Im bored with mine.

Make up tips?

hair style suggestions? [no cutting, i like my long hair lol]

My hair is up to my waist. and pretty thick.

and I want clothes suggestions too :3

I dont have a full bodu pic but im 5" and a little on the chubby side.

I want a new look [Pics] Beautifullyevil

I want a new look [Pics] GLASSESD2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 12:34 am

Hey,

Just a tip, can you head over to introductions and read all the introductory posts?

annd why not try braiding or some highlights?, Some big chunks of a bright colour, while annoying to maintain, would look divine in hair that long.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 4:52 am

please don't edit the size of text in posts. If you read the information in the Introductions section, you'd know we ask you NOT to do this.

and im not help on the actually topic subject.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 10:14 am

go to clothing websites, and save the pics of everything you like. then compare them side by side - do they work together? if you, you've found your look, and you can go search for simlilar items in stores nearby!

if you arent into makeup,
then just get your brows done - nothing makes a face look more polished than a tweezed brow, love! trust me, I should know -.-

hope I helped!
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 1:13 pm

Totally agree with the saving pics of stuff from clothing websites thing. Usually you'll find that you already have a style in your head. It becomes much more clear when you have all the clothes that you've picked infront of you.
As for hair, since you don't want to lose much length you could get some layers but keep the longest layer your current length. Maybe a fringe if you're up for that?
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 4:51 pm

for clothes, I agree with looking at websites, reading magazines and stuff and looking for styles that you like. Usually, I read a magazine or am in college and go "oh her outfit is cute! i have a top that could work..."
Oh - real life example! I was on this community on LJ and some girl posted looking for a green plaid shirt she saw on Gossip Girl. I thought the outfit was cute and I have some plaid fitted shirts and I now wear a similar outfit but slightly adapted to me.

Just try on clothes you like as well. A while ago I started just trying things on that I liked but wouldn't normally wear. I try not to think "will it suit me?", but "do i like it? would i wear it?" then try it on and if it doesn't suit me at all then thats fine.

Just do little things like if you usually wear jeans all the time, pop a skirt on...or wear a colour you wouldnt usually wear or something.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 10:27 am

For the chubbier girl, empire waists are a fantastic way to camouflage a bigger midsection, and give you more of an hour glass shape. Stick to wider-leg jeans, or jeans with a slight flare (like boot cut) to make your legs seem longer.

As for hair, I was once the person with waist length hair and refused to cut it. Hair that long is TOO MUCH, especially if it's thick. I think cutting it to just below the shoulder blades and getting layers and highlights would be fantastic. Still long, but not long enough to hide yourself. When you're chubby, super long hair makes you look far bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 5:16 pm

I agree with Shauna on the long hair thing. It can really make women look WAAAAAAAY larger.
And I think you should look into getting a side fringe? It'll shape your face far better. And some highlights would look gorgeous too, but they're not really necessary. I've never dyed my hair and people say I should get highlights, but I love my hair colour the way it is, so I'm not touching it. And your hair colour is BEAUTIFUL as is.

Also, the tweezed brow could really make you look so much brighter!! If you've never done so before, go get them waxed, and then simply pluck any hairs that grow back! Easy to maintain Very Happy

And I reckon a makeup look with brown/gold shadows, loads of mascara, nice blush and nude lips would look smashing on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 5:37 pm

ooh especially if you used a golish highlighter on your cheekbones
Back to top Go down
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:20 pm

i would have to disagree with the empire waist thing. personally, they ALWAYS make me look pregnant, and they don't quite fit on my boobs right.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:32 pm

it only works on certain people. I for one, dont think I could pull off an empire waist because I have an unusually large bust for a girl my age and size. I'd feel as if I was putting my chest on display!
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:45 pm

asoftrevolution wrote:
i would have to disagree with the empire waist thing. personally, they ALWAYS make me look pregnant, and they don't quite fit on my boobs right.

Yeah, your boobs have to be WAAAAAY bigger than your waist, and you must have lots of curves for them to NOT make you look prego.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:46 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
it only works on certain people. I for one, dont think I could pull off an empire waist because I have an unusually large bust for a girl my age and size. I'd feel as if I was putting my chest on display!

Exactly! I have a largish chest (38-C, overflowing), large hips, and am really small right under my bust, to just about my belly button where I get quite a paunch. This is the IDEAL shape to wear an empire waist shirt.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:51 pm

mhm - I'm very curvy, but my chest is wider than my tummy area - anything I wear looks like a tent, from tees to just regular tops and hoodies. even things that are supposed to be form fitting...dont really curve to my shape, you know? so I have to be very careful when shopping.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 6:53 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
mhm - I'm very curvy, but my chest is wider than my tummy area - anything I wear looks like a tent, from tees to just regular tops and hoodies. even things that are supposed to be form fitting...dont really curve to my shape, you know? so I have to be very careful when shopping.

Yikes, that sucks. I have the opposite issue, where everything forms to my paunch and makes me look prego....LOL! Need to have thinks that pull away from my paunch.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] EmptySun Dec 23, 2007 7:04 pm

Ive been thinking of buying a thin belt for my waist, and some basic cardigans to wear over any top - it would look classic and pulled together! this way I dont look tent-ish all the damn time.

and I suggest to bigger girls,
NEVER WEAR BIG BELTS ON YOUR WAIST.

that shit does NOT look good on everyone.
not even a thin belt. its tacky and overdone, and should have stayed on the runway!

if you want to pull your tummy in, invest in a trench with a tie belt - not only is it a staple for every woman, it can be something sexy as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want a new look [Pics]   I want a new look [Pics] Empty

Back to top Go down

I want a new look [Pics]
Page 1 of 1