The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To those living in Australia...

Go down 
+5
anjelik_dreamin
xxmissyxx
Le_Saboteur
Kirsty
kaylalane
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

To those living in Australia... Empty
PostSubject: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:19 am

I went to Australia a couple years ago and I saw a number of interesting food stuffs, including this weird tea thing.

So I can't remember the name of it, and its driving me crazy. They were these little squares of biscuity goodness and chocolate, and one would bite the corner, sip the tea through the middle of the biscuit and proceed to eat the rest of the cookie-thing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just a loon?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:22 am

wah i saw some aussie woman do that on the graham norton show.

arent they called Tim Tams or something?
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:26 am

Are they? That sounds familiar. I think you solved my mini-mystery, Keeks.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:56 am

wow im not even australian!
i just watch tv >.<
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:58 am

You're closer than I though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 4:59 am

yeah man, it is tim tams

AND THEY ARE SOOO FUCKING AWESOMMMMMEEEEEE

OMG

MMM

excuse my language
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 11:49 pm

I used to looooooooooooooove Tim Tams so much. Now I can't eat them of course, but when I could I could never master the art of sipping coffee through it. It just didn't wanna work for me! Maybe it's just a skill.

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T HAVE TIM TAMS IN AMERICA! Hahaha that's one up we have on you guys! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:37 am

When I was in 5th grade, I did a report on Australia, and we had to make a food dish from our country, and I made this dessert, it was like marangue and had strawberries... I dont remember what it was called. You guys know what I am talking about?

Tim Tams sound crazy cool, we'll have to hunt some down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:43 am

Pavlova? Lol. That's the only thing with meringue I can think of...

And Tim Tams ARE crazy cool. I honestly can't believe you guys don't have them in the USA... they seem like an American thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:50 am

"meringue"
...did you just correct my spelling. ahaha. Mad lolz.

YES, Pavlova.

To those living in Australia... Pavlova

It was yummmers.

To those living in Australia... Tim%20tam
Is that like the commercial version, or is that WHAT they are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:54 am

Heheheh. I correctly it subtly though!! Lol.

That's how they come! In the pack just like that. But that's just the original flavour. Tim Tams come in: Tim Tam Original, Tim Tam Chewy Caramel, Tim Tam Double Coat, Tim Tam Dark, Tim Tam Love Potions Double Chocolate and Raspberry, Tim Tam Love Potions Chocolate Mud, Tim Tam Love Potions Sticky Vanilla Toffee, Tim Tam Latte. And Tim Tam balls too.

And... don't you guys have pavlovas over there?? confused2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:54 am

thats what they are

GOOD GOD THEY ARE GOOOD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:56 am

It's not over here, Pavlova, but I mean, we can make it. haha. I dont think I have ever seen it in a resteraunt or anything like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 am

you shooouuld

also make choc hazelnut meringues

you will never look back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:00 am

Yeah. That's a shame though cos it's soooooooo basic and sooooooooooooooooooooo yum!!!

I could eat pavlova everyday for every meal. I'd end up obese but damn I love it. I was just thinking about nagging my dad to make a pavlova earlier today! Haha. Especially with passionfruit drizzled on it. And flake spread on it. And strawberries of course. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:00 am

ZOMG CHOC HAZELNUT!
Shiiiiiiit what an idea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:02 am

and its soo good like you wouldnt believe

better than brad pitt, AND my boobs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:03 am

Brad Pitt AND your boobs, PUT TOGETHER?! hahaha, that would be hard to beat. haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 1:05 am

rofl brad pitt with tits

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:07 am

Omg, the New Zealander inside is screaming at me to start something about pavlova being a Kiwi thing, not an Aussie thing. But I won't! I swears! Pavlova is damn good in any country. But it's never right if it doesn't have kiwifruit and strawberries on it. Mmmm.

Maaan, I fucking love Tim Tams. They are the best biscuit evar. And now they have the love potions ones! Those are freaking sweet.

I don't know if you guys have Squiggles in Oz, but those are a close second to the Tim Tam for me.

This post has made me realise how much I love my bickies Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 am

squiggles?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:26 am

Sad Must be a NZ thing

To those living in Australia... 00105-1_LG

To those living in Australia... 00106-1_LG

Hokey pokey ANYTHING is a win in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:28 am

Kendra...I have a question about these New Zealand margarita things my bf was telling me about that apparently have mayonaise on the rim instead of salt...

WTF?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:32 am

i want those bikkies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... EmptyThu Aug 16, 2007 3:57 am

TELL US ABOUT PAVLOVA BEING A KIWI THING! I wanna know. I have no idea where it originated from....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To those living in Australia...   To those living in Australia... Empty

Back to top Go down

To those living in Australia...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Buying & Selling :: Bulletin Board-
Jump to: