The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monroes, pricing, advice...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Monroes, pricing, advice... Empty
PostSubject: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:23 pm

Okk, well my parents have finally agreed to letting me get a monroe piercing and I have finally got the courage to go through with it (I figured that it could hurt no more than the nail through the finger incident that occured when I was younger.). So I was wondering what is the average price of getting it done in the UK? And do any of you have any advice or personal experiences to share with me before I do this?

Thank you in advance

xx
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:27 pm

I dont have any, but if you do a search on yahoo, a lot of people have told stories about their experiences. I did that before I made the decision for either a monroe or snakebites...which I still havent gotten yet. :[

hope that helps a bit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Thanks, I watched some videos on youtube earlier, managed it without fainting- that is a good sign!! I read some stories aswell and discovered that the local piercing and tattoo parlour is a no-no cos the piercers are really rough and not very nice Sad so now i have to trek to the nearest city lol. I reckon it will take me ages to get around to actually getting it done because I was going to do it behind my parents back at Christmas lol xx
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 pm

oo, I didnt think to check YT - I am squeamish, which is strange, since I can handle shots and things, so needles shouldnt be major at all. my mum's had three piercings, but she thought the prospect of a monroe was strange, so I'll get somethin up her alley - snakebites. hardcore. hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:50 pm

first if you have a thin face, don't get it done...it will look terrible...it looks best on round or heart shaped faces

don't let anyone use anything except a hollow needle

pretty much all the advice I have...sorry i can't be of more help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Lol, my friends mum has a monroe piercing (along with everyother type of piercing you could imagine) so I asked her if it hurt and everything, if you go on youtube steer clear of the video where the girl gets a monroe done by one of her friends cos it bleeds but all the others are fine. I'm terrified of needles, injections make me cry hysterically and scream at nurses, so that's the only draw back. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:03 pm

i asked my mum and apparently i dont have a paricularly thin face and i agree its more round cos i have chubby cheeks Smile and thank you for the advice i will bear it in mind when i get it done, i am very bossy about things like piercings and hair cuts so i always make sure i get stuff how i want it, poor people, so i will question them about what they are using lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:05 pm

you can close your eyes hahaha

I'm not sure what the laws on underage piercing are over there but I needed a birth certificate, picture ID, and my parent picture ID to get my cartilage done
we also had to sign waivers and she had to sit in the room with me
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:10 pm

blechhh. mum'll laugh at me the entire time if its the same here in louisiana. num. and shit, even after the piercing, my dad'l be like.

"HAAAHAA! yew cant eet! OoOoOo!!! LOOKIT MAH STEAK SANDWICH! YOU CANT HAFF NUNN COS YOU HAD TEW BE ALL HXC! LOLZLZLZL!!!"

cos apparenly, when mum had her laberet/tounge done, she couldnt really eat cos of the swelling. >.>!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:17 pm

I think most places here you have to be 16 and provide ID, if you are under 16 then you need parental consent. It's 18 for tattoos. They give us kiddies too much freedom in the UK Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:18 pm

bitch ain't you ever heard of chicken noodle soup...i'd be happier eating that than a damn steak sandwich

Sorry Sam, that wasn't directed at you
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 pm

AHAHAHAHAHA XDx8689403

but I only like progresso cos its chunkyyyy >.<

and yah, you UK kids get away with a lot. teehee. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:25 pm

ooh yeah progresso it yummy!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:26 pm

looked on a website about what the age laws are...
"Body piercing

There are no legal restrictions on the age at which you can have your ears or other body parts pierced. However, some establishments may operate their own informal guidelines on obtaining parental consent."

Most operate an age limit of 16 though I think. My sister got her ears done for the second time at my local place and they didnt even ask her age, I was pretty apalled when i found out cos she is a year and a half younger than me and although it's only her ears they still could've gotten infected especially if they are so lax on age restrictions it kinda sets the tone for what the rest of their procedures are like...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:28 pm

and i agree we do get away with alot, its unbelievably to obtain alcohol and binge drink in the streets here, and get cigarettes etc etc... but the government are trying to change all that (damn them, they can take away the cigarettes but not the alcohol :'()
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:37 pm

oo. they didnt ask her age? that's illegal no matter where you are.

and blahhh, Im not big on cigs, but a lot of my friends smoke, sooo
if they wanted to get rid of ciggies, GREAT.

but uhm...

my parents, grandparents, and even my dead ancestors would kick some ass if they took away the vodka and shit.

nuh uh. they wont have nonna that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:40 pm

pretty sure the whiskey's gotta stay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:42 pm

lol my bacardi and vodka is going no where, there is a smoking ban in the UK now so there are less ciggies which is gooooood. and no they didnt ask her age and she looks younger than me and I am asked for ID when buying DVDs and such
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:43 pm

I think monroes are so ugly. on anyone and everyone. period. you're way too pretty for that
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:44 pm

oh god. people are more concerned about DVDs than probable infection by piercing. GAHHHH.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:46 pm

i think they're cute...ooh sam how about 2 monroes and a medussa...sexay!!! hehehe
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:54 pm

oOoOoOoO. num num. buhahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:56 pm

lol my mum and dad would go mental, it took alot of puppy do eyes to even get my mum to think about it haha... I think really a monroe is the only piercing I will get done, I used to have my ears done but let them heal up. Even my 10 year old brother said I should do it, apparently it'll look more unique than just getting a regular lip piercing- he's well trained you see (10 years of hard work to mould his mind done by me, hehe).
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 1:58 pm

oh yesss. Kayden is only 9 months, and Ive already started. got him listening to J-POP already, dad says he speaks Japanese. ^.^

plus, monroes are more subtle than any other piercing, and they suit the female face better. kiki rocked the lip ring tho, I miss that. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 2:37 pm

wahey for sibling training Smile

Yeah I can imagine Kiki with a lipring, I don't think I ever saw it.

The only reason my parents have agreed to the monroe is because it isn't as full on as other piercings and I have quite a small face (although it is round) so they felt like anything else would kinda swamp me lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monroes, pricing, advice...   Monroes, pricing, advice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Monroes, pricing, advice...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next