The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Golden Compass

Go down 
+5
gill
Kirsty
Gloomyjewel
witch_lilly
Le_Saboteur
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth
Registration date : 2007-03-28

The Golden Compass - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 3:57 pm

Gloomyjewel wrote:
It was really good but if you've read the book you will be hugely disappointed with the ending.
I think they're saving the end so that Will and Lyra can enter the other world at the same time.

I was massively pissed off at the ending of the film.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 4:19 pm

i havent read the book yet so no spoiling you lot with the ending if its different. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 5:14 pm

I heard that there were going to be more movies,
because the book was split into three separate books, right?
So three different movies, at least that's what I heard from my friend, because she said that the movie ended with a cliffhanger, soo yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:06 pm

yeh i think they are planning to.
it was one of those open, but could be closed if you dont pay too much attenion ones.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 9:25 am

witch_lilly wrote:
Gloomyjewel wrote:
It was really good but if you've read the book you will be hugely disappointed with the ending.
I think they're saving the end so that Will and Lyra can enter the other world at the same time.

I was massively pissed off at the ending of the film.

I was too! I have read all the books really just to say I finished the whole story, but I have to admit I didn't really enjoy them that much, just not my 'thing'. But at the same time I was annoyed they left out a couple of bits in the first book I considered to be good. And the ending? I was disappointed.

Saying that though, the film was well done, I thought the effects were really good, loved the Daemons.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 1:14 pm

Jamie, are you sure your friend said it ended on a cliffhanger? Didn't seem like much of one to me! Seemed like one of those oh we're all happy type endings.

I only like the first book and some of the second.. I started the second one and I just got really bored after a while. There's parts in the first book where the writing style got a little bit blah, but in the second and third I found myself starting to skim through pages because bits were sooo dragged out!

I think the second film will be really cool though, I loved the character Will. He's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 1:36 pm

Kiki wrote:
is that the americans renaming books again? the country of the "soceror's stone" *sigh*

haha, I think it was the publishers that did that - they changed some of the overseas lingo to make it more american so the young ones that read it would understand it more!

and the movie was great, although I was very very tired and was ready for sleep. I didn't really care for the girl that played Lyra, and the bear was kick ass, being all rawr and such.

I don't think I'll read the books, though - ever since I read Harry Potter and saw that first film, I've been ruddy crabby with that sort of thing. I haven't watched a Potter film since.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 1:52 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
Kiki wrote:
is that the americans renaming books again? the country of the "soceror's stone" *sigh*

haha, I think it was the publishers that did that - they changed some of the overseas lingo to make it more american so the young ones that read it would understand it more!

Yeah basically Pullman originally called the books The Golden Compasses but then he started calling them His Dark Materials. The publishers still wanted The Golden Compasses so instead of Northern Lights they called the first book The Golden Compass.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Compass   The Golden Compass - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Compass
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Tv & Movies-
Jump to: