The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have clay

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

I have clay - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have clay   I have clay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Roll it out flat, and then up into a swiss roll (both colours) so when you cut it into slices it's all spirally and then poke hole in it with a cocktail stick, like beads. Then thread them to make whatever. Make's brilliant chunky bracelets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
ace-of-s

PostSubject: Re: I have clay   I have clay - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Kiki wrote:
haha i sat and shaped those buy hand and then placed them on.
i fucked up so many of the mushrooms!
it took me ages to do my first pair, then i burnt them.
but it got easier.

up close mine have finger prints on them Razz

but yeh if you wanna make things more often...invest in a cheap plastic mat (i tape mine to my desk), a plastic kids rolling pin and a little playdough shaper. you can get lots of little gadgets for it. my aunt bought me a bead roller which is cool.

i know how to get rid of the finger prints! lightly sandpaper the surface before sealing it. that way there arent any more finger prints. i got a pasta maker so i can make perfect flattened, thin sheets which are good for covering things, like altoid tins! i will post a couple things i have done.
just have to find them... oh, and IMH sculpey is a better brand of clay.. i have used fimo and sculpey and comparing them both i would have to say sculpey is alot more pliable and holds up better, but which ever really..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have clay   I have clay - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2007 2:28 am

I remember once me + johnny made our own clay. He made a giant muffin.

Then our naughty kitty Jack pushed it off the fishtank and watched it smash.

It was pretty cool, I might look for the recipe. The clay was white so we could paint it whatever we wanted.

Of course, it doesn't have that cute plasticy look that polymer/fimo has.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have clay   I have clay - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I have clay
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Arts & Crafts :: Crafts-
Jump to: