The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fried pool hair.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kelly-is

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 pm

All summer i've been in my friends pool.... and well it took a toll on my hair. My hair is sooooooo fried. It feels kinda like when you have a shit load of hairspray in it and it all sketchy... idk.

But i want my hair back! Do any of you gals know like some SUPER conditioner treatment that will fix my hair. Its really really bad.

thank you!
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:43 pm

i would say you should go to a salon and get it super deep conditioned because they have the best products

but theres one that you can make at home that deep conditions it

1 cup mayonnaise (room tempeture if possible like from a jar of brand new mayo just off the grocery store shelf)
1/2 cup olive oil
3 egg yolks

Blend all ingredients together in a bowl.
* If possible use room tempeture mayo - if not, let mixture warm up to room tempeture*. **If you are in a rush and just can't wait - microwave the mayo for 15 seconds - but be careful - if you nuke it too long it begins to separate**.
Apply thourghly through your hair adding extra at the ends.
Pile on top of your head and cover with a plastic shower cap and then cover with a towel to keep in the heat from your head.
Leave on for at least 10-20 minutes and then rinse out.
Should make 1 to 2 hair treatments depending on the length of your hair.
If you don't want to save the left over for another treatment use whatever is left over as a moisturizing face mask. Also can be used on dry elbow and knees(for best results, this should be used immediately after making and not saved. It will still work, but won't be as effective as when it's fresh).
Do NOT shampoo afterwards, just rinse it really well. Do this on a day when you are not going to go out. Any oil that clings to your hair after you rinse it out, will continue to condition your hair until the next time you shampoo it out.
*** for best hair conditioning purposes, use immediately after making without refridgerating first. The reason is, the fats and oil will penetrate your hair follicles better if it is not cold. Tip to remember for all hair care: Warm/Hot opens the hair follicles so that conditioner can penetrate deeper. And cold water closes the hair follicles. So after you shower your hair, after you rinse every thing out, rinse again with a blast of very cold water. The coldest you can possibly stand. This cold water blast will also make your hair super shiny!***.
Back to top Go down
kelly-is

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 12:48 pm

wow. your amazing! I dont know when i'll be able to this. I'm busy all week!!
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:40 pm

TIGI dumb blonde!!!! omd it is a life saver! my hair is completely bleached out and I blow dry it and straighten it every day at least once and my hair so soft and shiny because of this! I use it once a week (twice after bleaching) for 1 hour and then rinse it out!
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 1:52 pm

The other Kate's recipe thing...it's a cholesterol mask. So if you're grossed out by putting mayonaisse straight on your head you can buy cholesterol hair treatments at big grocery stores and target and stuff.
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 2:02 pm

Cholesterol is AMAZING...when I feel like I need it I use Silk Elements Cholesterol from Sally's it comes in a jar
leave it on for an hour or so then rinse and wash your hair like normal to get rid of the residue

Mane and Tail is also really good, it's just thinner cholesterol

and leave in conditioners are also a good idea

Don't use any super conditioning treatment more than once or maybe twice a week though because you start to get a waxy buildup which can deter hair dye and some other products
Back to top Go down
kelly-is

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 2:09 pm

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU

you guys pretty much saved my life!!! pounce
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 2:53 pm

haha youre welcome!
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Just wondering: I always see those hair mayonaise and oil treatment things at the drug store when Im buying my shampoo. Has anyone tried any of those things? Do any of them work?

My hair is constantly getting dried out because god hates me, and right now the only thing thats been helping is that henna and placenta stuff. Anyone know anything better?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 7:50 pm

well im gonna try that mayo thing sometime this week
the one i just posted
so ill let you know :]
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 9:08 pm

I'll just repeat my self...cholesterol!!!

Anyone ever seen Snoop Dogs hair...you know that black man has the prettiest black people hair EVER!!! and how do you think he gets that with all the perming and what not...bad ass cholesterol treatments every day
if a white girl takes care of her hair like Snoop Dog she will have the softest shiniest most beautiful hair in the world!!!
Back to top Go down
kelly-is

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jun 25, 2007 10:23 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
I'll just repeat my self...cholesterol!!!

Anyone ever seen Snoop Dogs hair...you know that black man has the prettiest black people hair EVER!!! and how do you think he gets that with all the perming and what not...bad ass cholesterol treatments every day
if a white girl takes care of her hair like Snoop Dog she will have the softest shiniest most beautiful hair in the world!!!

lol he does!!!!

But anyways, I went to CVS (drugstore) and bought that dumb blonde shit. I hope it works....if it doesnt....i'm bringing out the mayo!
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 9:54 pm

hmm haha i never though about that snoop dogg thing..how interesting..X]
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:21 pm

I've got a tip for PREVENTING it from happening for the next time. Before you go swimming, put conditioner through your hair. It seals up the strands and doesn't let the chlorine in and protects it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:21 pm

yourroyalscrumptiousness wrote:
I've got a tip for PREVENTING it from happening for the next time. Before you go swimming, put conditioner through your hair. It seals up the strands and doesn't let the chlorine in and protects it Very Happy
And your hair doesnt get all tangled either while you are swimming. I used to do that when i was on the swim team.
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:24 pm

When I used to swim I just used a swimming cap and I was all good. I didn't even use the conditioning tip. My hair's really good actually. I used to train 7 hours a week in a highly chlorined pool, and then straighten it every day... and it didn't damage at all. All I had to do was go and get it trimmed every 3 months, like everybody else!

I <3 my strong hair applause
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 10:25 pm

*jealous*

My hair is kind of spastic and probably doesnt like how much I dye or straighten it.
Back to top Go down
Wild_Chi

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 3:18 pm

I use coconut oil on my hair, you can buy big tubs from superdrug for 99p & just use a little bit on the ends after washing, or mix alot of it with warm olive oil, leave on overnight with saran wrap 'round your head & then wash out in the morning.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 pm

I don't know if I would be able to stand the feeling of saran wrap on my hair. It just seems so creepy.
Back to top Go down

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyMon Jul 16, 2007 9:00 pm

...then you can get plastic shower caps...same concept, not as clingy and one of those nifty turby twists...awesome!!!

but really saran wrap on your head doesn't feel as creepy as it sounds

...oh man if only I had picture...bwahahahah
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 pm

Wow I feel like an idiot for not thinking of shower caps. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wild_Chi

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 3:21 am

Yeah, shower caps would work - it's just to keep the oil from getting all over your pillows whilst you sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fried pool hair. Empty
PostSubject: Re: fried pool hair.   fried pool hair. Empty

Back to top Go down

fried pool hair.
Page 1 of 1