The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, I'm getting my hair cut...

Go down 
+4
PolyphonicThought
anjelik_dreamin
Kirsty
pinkhaired
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pedestri

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Empty
PostSubject: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 6:54 pm

and i'd like to know what you girls think. this is how it looks now when i pull it back in a ponytail, which currently (unfortunately) looks better than it does when loose because of all my split ends.

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Photo8

here's a shot that kinda shows the layering currently. obviously, it is still up in the ponytail

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Photo7

and here's how long it actually is. i apologize for the ugliness- i just took these like 3 seconds ago, and i'm not quite camera-ready!

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Photo9

so what i want to know is how short do you think i could go with this? do you think i could get away with bangs/fringe? i am looking through the madradhair community to find what i like, but i honestly dont even know what would look good on me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:06 pm

I reckon a side fringe would look AWESOME on you... like starting just below eyebrow level maybe? And then graduating down.
And I love the length of it in the top photo with all the longer layers pulled back. I reckon that length would look really nice. And maybe some shorter layers up the hair.

Very Happy

Goddddd you're so purty. No fair! Haha.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 9:11 pm

I like the shorter length too. It would look good if you got it kinda layered in the back so you could make it look kind of messy. And longer bangs would look really cute, maybe a little wispy or even those kind of long straight across bangs.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 7:01 am

I was gonna suggest the shortish length too.
I agree with a sort of side fringe...but not too heavy, a wee bit of whispyness in it.

But a sort of chunky, choppy cut the length you have it when it's tied up.

Although it actually looks kinda cute in the second picture, a bit longer in the front and getting shorter.

Just sit going through the hairfiles til you find something you like, post it here and on madrad and people will tell you if they think you'll suit it.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 8:37 am

I'm all the girls on the first length. And if you get a fringe, make it something not really short and hard to mask. I think it should get gentle and and pretty, just like you Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 6:54 pm

oooh, i really like the idea of the wispy fringe, and i think straight across bangs would be cute too. aaahhh i can't decide.

and i think i'm definitely going to get it at around the length that it is in the first two pictures. honestly, i hate the length that it is now, but haircuts make me so nervous that i sort of have avoided them for 6 months!!

also, i'm thinking about trying to work a little more with the natural texture of my hair, which is somewhere in between wavy, curly, and straight, which means it is mostly just funky. i'm getting a little tired of straightening it every morning

pooh. i just looked through like every part of the madradhair photobucket, and it all looks so... scenester. i dunno. are there any other sites you'd recommend? i'm getting it cut monday
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 7:15 pm

dont worry, i avoided one for over a year Razz

but i was fine! and hair grows!

i cant think of anywhere...but maybe you can just get pics and go "those sort of bangs, this sort of length..." and discuss it with your stylist. or buy hair magazines. they're usually pretty cheap or salons have them lying around. go in and ask if you can have a look.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 7:26 pm

ahaha. so i was googling "short haircuts" and i found this site:

http://www.catbirdseat.org/catbirdseat/indiehair.html

obviously, progress is slow when you spend 30 minutes laughing at one website!

if i find anything i like, i'll post it
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 9:04 pm

I'd suggest a bob, only because you have the perfect face shape for it, and it would be easy to manage.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 pm

I like how it looks in the second picture (the shorter layers that are out of the ponytail) so maybe get a hair style that length? I also think you'd look great with a bob. But if that's not your style, then a side fringe and the longest layer being as long as your hair in the second pic would look good.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:00 am

mmh i think long whispy bangs would be real cute on you Very Happy
buut not straight across bangs..idk its up to you :]
Back to top Go down
Miss.Wal

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:38 am

I think possibly a long choppy bob, so above shoulders, with a really uneven fringe.
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 am

With your face shape I'd go for an a-line cut with bangs like these...
So, I'm getting my hair cut... 229923823_l
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 2:30 pm

ooooh that one is really nice, akira. eeek i am going to have my appointment in an hour!! i am in the process of printing off photos and such. basically, everyone's suggestions have been really good, and most of the pictures i have found have been exactly like what you have recommended
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm

oh thats hot. id get my hair like that...if itd suit me Razz
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Wowww, that's awesome. Rachel, I realise it's probably too late, but you should definately do it like that picture Miss A posted. That'd look great on you!

Anyway, post pics!
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 7:39 pm

okay, so i got it cut and i'm pretty pleased with it. buttt i just got home and need to style it the way i like it (you know how hairdressers never style it just right) and then i will definitely post pics. i used the pic that akira posted for an idea of the bangs, and another that i found on madradhair for the rest of the style. i like it alot. my boyfriends cousin cut it!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 12:26 pm

Ooo..
i can't wait to see it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 2:09 pm

okay, so here's some quick images:

the front... i have widdle itsy bangs now:

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Photo_12

the back. its really short! i havent finished straightening it in this pic, so it looks a little silly

So, I'm getting my hair cut... Photo_11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm

ooh...i like it!!!...it's really cute...i like how the back is choppy so you could make it messy, or full, or straight
it would look really cute with clippies, if your into thoughs

you have an awesome face shape...so you can pull off just about any look but i really like the bob on you!!!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 2:31 pm

oooh its cute. i like it.
you look a lil bit like scarlet johanssen in the top one!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 2:42 pm

I like it! Looks great on you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm

AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Back to top Go down
lady-dar

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 8:10 pm

x

Last edited by on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 10:48 pm

It looks really pretty on you rachel! I wanna see what it looks like messy too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, I'm getting my hair cut...   So, I'm getting my hair cut... Empty

Back to top Go down

So, I'm getting my hair cut...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next