The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..

Go down 
+2
Kirsty
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jess

Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. Empty
PostSubject: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 2:49 pm

So I had a bit of a go, and I admit, it was a bit of a rushed job (I was watching a program on tv at the same time) so I didn't put as much effort into it as I could have done..

But I reckon it came out alright? What dya think? (Loving discodollies's tutorials Very Happy )

Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. DSCN0582

Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. DSCN0583
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 2:55 pm

you say rushed,
I say glam.
Back to top Go down
jess

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:05 pm

You say glam, I say "You flatter me!"

So snogs for you! hug
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:13 pm

YAY! *numtastic*

I'm actually watching the rainbow tutorial now - in fact, I remember amanda's rainbow look - and if I had the money, I'd try both, haha. oh, woe is me, the broke black girl, buahahahahah.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:13 pm

aw it looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
jess

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:14 pm

I used a Kryolan colour kit instead Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:21 pm

and it still works! but I cant even get kryolan. :[[
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:22 pm

oooh where did you get kryolan?
please tell me it was somewhere british and inexpensive Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
jess

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm

Ebay I'm afraid. It was owned by someone in the South of England so it didn't have to travel very far to get to the Midlands Smile

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROFESSIONAL-MAKE-UP-KIT-KRYOLAN-CHARLES-FOX_W0QQitemZ320127937702QQihZ011QQcategoryZ21023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could always have a bid? Pretty cheap!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 3:27 pm

british? blah!

how bout AMERICAN and really inexpensive!? Very Happy *weenie*
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 7:37 pm

That looks great, Jess! Wish we could see more of the blues on the side, though, and a full face shot to get the whole look.

Still, hott.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 8:36 pm

I love it! It looks very pretty and you have beautiful eyes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 pm

damnnn girl!
beautiful :]
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 10:30 pm

Gorgeous! I just got all the MAC C-shock colors and so I can't wait until I do my first rainbow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
jess

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 3:33 am

Le_Saboteur wrote:
That looks great, Jess! Wish we could see more of the blues on the side, though, and a full face shot to get the whole look.

Still, hott.

Agreed. Although admittedly, I was running out of space on my eyelid.... ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 5:04 am

seeeeeeeeeeeexay!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Kiki wrote:
oooh where did you get kryolan?
please tell me it was somewhere british and inexpensive Razz

You can buy Kryolan in Charles Fox in Covent Garden in London and it's relatively cheap. When I get paid I'm heading up there to get some Kryolan stuff SmileSmile
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Really? How much is it roughly? Like say, for an eyeshadow or an aquacolour?
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyMon Jun 18, 2007 2:27 pm

I got the UV pallete for $24 USD...not sure what it would translate to...but Kryolan is a European Company
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 1:08 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
I got the UV pallete for $24 USD...not sure what it would translate to...but Kryolan is a European Company

omg that is insanely cheap! I thought it would be way more expensive
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 pm

Yeah that is. I hope the shadows are cheap too! (The uv palette is aqua colors, right?) They look really good from Limey's tuts.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2007 1:20 pm

the UV palette are Aquacolors
i get stage make-up so cheap because I don't have to pay for shipping and handling or someone trying to make a profit
I get my stuff directly from a costume shop

I prefer Mehron's aquacolors because they are powdery instead of creamy which is better for my oily skin but Kryolan is the only brand that has the UV and their metallic colors are better than Mehron or Ben Nye

and don't get me wrong...i love MAC but I would buy Ben Nye shadows and pigments before MAC's any day!
Back to top Go down
justdrag

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 3:53 pm

you can get a palette of krayolan on ebay or in some livejournal communities
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 2:11 am

in Charles Fox i think the aqua colours are about £4.50 each, and they sell Ben Nye and stargazer in their as well!
Back to top Go down
Iero-is_

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Shocked that looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..   Had a go at tutorial by discodollies.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Had a go at tutorial by discodollies..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next