The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pink Hair!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2007 6:49 pm

Ok I have a few questions.

My hair is naturally a darkish blonde but I get it bleached and coloured to make it a bit lighter.
Now I've wanted to dye my hair a bright bright red/pink colour for years but have been to chicken because of high school and getting told off and stuff but I leave this summer so once I've had my ball and my leavers ceremony I was thinking of dyeing my hair pink and what makes it extra fun is that I might do it for/on my 18th birthday!

But yeh I know I'll have to bleach it (hopefully boyfriends mum will help out. she bleaches their hair all the time) and dye it.

I'm thinking (if I can find somewhere that sells them)

Pink Hair! Ct_acr91004 - Manic Panic Cotton Candy
Pink Hair! Ct_acr91010 - MP Wildfire
Pink Hair! Ct_acr91015 - MP Hot Hot Pink
Pink Hair! Ct_acr91020 - MP Pillarbox Red
Pink Hair! Protect-se-dot-atomic-pink - Special Effects Atomic Pink
Pink Hair! Se-dot-cherry-bomb - Special Effects Cherry Bomb

So if I can get my hands on them I'm thinking one of those. I really want pink...but maybe a pinky red.
Ideally, I'd like this colour - Pink Hair! 392983875_bf9eef564a because I think it's perfect. so if anyone has an idea what it might be...looks kinda like the cherry bomb maybe?

Anyhoo...advice?
Any reviews on the colours? Any Brits know where I could get some? Will it suit me?!
I#ll be getting my hair bleached again...probably towards the start of June because of my ball and I'll be planning to do this...about the middle of July. Maybe not til August..because then I could maybe get some manic panic in NYC.

Will it suit me?! Haha I've had red hair, not totally bright but red and I'm ok with having bright red which is why I'm leaning more towards the pink/red.

Also I know - I'm not looking for a job this summer or in the immediate future. I wanna settle into my college course (art!) and stuff before I look so that should be ok.

so yeh...advise moi!
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 5:09 am

I think pink would look lovely on you..or keep in blonde and just put some pink through it?
do you need to bleach your hair? is your hair not super light anyway?

i really wanna dye mine a bright colour too..but last time i went bright red it came out quite ginger so im a little nervous..and im looking for a job to pay for uni (and my expensive future life in edinburgh..)just now..

I'm told Directions, Stargazer and manic panic fade really fast and you'll need to keep re-dying it every few weeks, no matter how well you look after it.

Ive heard good things from crazy colour, i think you can buy it in Sallys.

I think Special Effects is bestest. Lasts longest i think.

If your worried bout it not going right, most hairdressers will let you buy your own hair dye and take it in and ask them to do it, that way it'll be nice and even and last longer.

oh, nice websites that sell Special Effects and Manic Panic:
http://www.haircrazy.com/
http://www.beeunique.co.uk/

hope that was some help
x
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 5:52 am

nah my hair isnt that light (lol you might be thinking of that pic where i have the poker chip necklace on but thats just because i was sitting in the sun!). I did think about just doing bits but that's kinda boring and it's always like...bright pink I've wanted.

I go to a different hairdresser to get my hair coloured than I do to get it cut (yup im freakish) and I dont know if they'd do it...I spoke to her before when I wanted bright red and she said they couldn't really do it because if I had a reaction or something then...something..you know what I mean!

Aw yey for you coming to edinburgh. im staying at home and just going to college so im ok Razz but yeh i just wanna settle in to the course before i find a job and im away most of the summer too. ah the joys of leaving school.
oh but yes thank you for the websites. ill have a look in Sallys (going to look for extensions and stuff next week) aaaaand yeh ill have a wee look in all the gothy shops i know although ive only ever seen stargazer which i used on my bf and it did fade super fast.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 7:27 am

manic panic doesnt last too long...if you want something permanent, go for the special FX.

I think that red or pink would actually look nice on you, mostly a dark pink, since your skin is so light. but have fun with it. and careful with bleaching...and use a deep conditioner. may I suggest Nutrogena's deep clean line? its the best. :]]
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 3:52 pm

oh yeh i meant to say what would a good conditioner be because i have quite dry hair anyway and should probably use something like that as it is...
my hair used to be really quite curly and frizzy but straightened out but its really dry and ick sometimes.

i am thinking dark pink red. definately.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 8:02 pm

i would try mixing a bit of pink into the red to get that color
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 3:11 am

after you've finished the bleaching nd dyeing... i reccomend hot oil treatments just so your hair doesn't turn into HAIR FROM HEEELLLLLLLLLLL

because that is bad.
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 2:49 pm

If you're going for a reddish pink you wouldn't need to bleach it. I'd I highly recommend SFX over Manic Panic any day. It lasts way longer and is better for your hair. Also I'd go with Cherry Bomb

Pink Hair! Special-effects_cherry-bomb_lg
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySun Apr 01, 2007 3:42 pm

well i wondered...I'm getting it bleached and coloured blonde in June before the Ball...so it should be quite light already. So I could maybe get away with not bleaching it but...wouldn't I have to if I want a really bright colour?

hmmm i dunno...I really like the Cherry Bomb though. I might look around livejournal and stuff and have a look.
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 5:11 am

Pink Hair! 392983875_bf9eef564a
I think the colour in your pic looks very much like when i had directions vermillion red in my hair:
(sorry for nomakeupness, but that picture shows off the colour best)
Pink Hair! Weihnachten010-1
maybe mix it with a bit of flamingo pink, and then it should be perfect Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptySat Apr 14, 2007 4:37 pm

oooh thankies. youre hair is coolness Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:04 pm

ok i know this is bloody old but im rethinking dying my hair pink again.

i'd like it a sort of dark red-pink, like the pic of the girl akira posted. i dont want like bubble gum pink but id like a pinky red. basically...red isnt too un-natural a colour (compaired to like green) so i could do that but i dont want it red...i want it to be a pink. if that makes sense? like a darkish pinky red?

ill try and find a picture of what i mean...but if anyone knows what i mean, or has a rough idea and knows a colour that fits it then tell me!

also, i have blonde hair yes?
so would i need to bleach it to get this colour of pink? because its not like bright or whatever so would i need to do that?

also, how hard would it be to get back to blonde after being this type of colour? like would it just be bleached out once (at the salon?) because my parents have paid quite a bit for me to get my black bleached out...so i dont wanna mess up my hair and have to spend ages getting it back to normal...

kind of like this colour...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
but not exactly.

wah hairfiles is useless
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Nova_Zero wrote:
If you're going for a reddish pink you wouldn't need to bleach it. I'd I highly recommend SFX over Manic Panic any day. It lasts way longer and is better for your hair. Also I'd go with Cherry Bomb

Pink Hair! Special-effects_cherry-bomb_lg

OOOH, I loveee that color!
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:31 pm

I don't know if this will be much of a help ...

But I'm blonde and have died streaks of my hair in this really vibrant pink. I didn't bleach it, cause I thought ... I'm blonde don't need that. My hair really took the colour and it was vibrant!!!! BUT ... after a good 3 days the vibrance began to take off ... and after nearly 2 weeks everything was gone! It was a permanent calour thing. Some people still notice that I had pink, cause I still have this glow on my hair ... but it's only noticible to paople with good eyes.

So ... that's my story. Hairdressers always say that you need to bleach if you want a vibrant calour ... but when I got purple streaks at a saloon ... they didn't ...

like I said I don't know if this is much of a help ... But I'm going to retry the pink with bleaching before the next time I think.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm

yeh it is help!
my hairdresser wouldnt bleach my hair if she didnt need to but i dunno if she'd do the colour, cos i want pillarbox red streaks before and couldnt because they didnt have the colour and i couldnt take my own. but if it was just chucking it on then i could do that easy!
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Yeah, I wanted pink also when I went in that hairsalo(o)n ( my spelling sucks Crying or Very sad ), that's why I took purple instead ( which faded into pink btw)

It was a friend of mine who did my hair in streaks ... so if someone of your friends can? ...

Without bleach you get the colour out of your hair much easily, cause that was also one of your concerns? It also depends of which brand it is ...

I'm a happy that I did kinda helped Surprised ...

When are you planning on doing it?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:05 pm

i dunno...ill be starting college so wont have the school rules thing. but also i want a job! and need to get that so because im looking for bar work now im 18, im hoping a reddypink will be a bit more allowed there rather than shops which are quite against it.

but ive wanted it for ages so im like wah freedom.
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:13 pm

Hahahaha I so know what you mean!!!!! I was also afraid of that but I wanted my pink hair for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages and al of my friends were like: wow you did it, it's awesome!!!!

Indeed, reddypink is less "in your face" for lack for better words. But my experience ( and I had a nosepiercing also ...) people were actually frienlier when I looked more alternative than the way I look now ...
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:34 pm

haha im getting my nose pierced Razz

i think id have to get a job then see what they say...if they wont let me have it then ill be ok because i love blonde hair anyway.
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 pm

Cool! Mine closed =( ... wanted a nosering, so took it out and ... well yeah ... I want a piercing again though ...

And I feel what you say about blonde hair!!! I love it ... and hate it =D

want to change it all the time! I had: red, blue, green, purple, white, pink, something kinda goldish, brown ... So yeah

Now, I want to get it red again, or brown ... And I still want pink

And I feel like totally spamming your thread ... and you're the admin ... and I don't want to get banned, cause I like it here =D
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:54 pm

hehe nah it's cool...you're still on topic!
if you were going off talking about something unrelated then id hurt ya! but you're still on hair/the piercing which i mentioned.

but yeh ive wanted pink for ages and now im out of school i can do it.
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Hahahahaha OK, good to know!

I also waited after I was 18 and out of school to do it.

So you're going to do it yourself? And your entire hair?

Anyway, I don't know which product you'll use. But I had to buy the colour, and ... can't find the word ... the thing that makes sure it's permanent... And well, you need to watch out which one you buy! Cause one will make the colour lighter, if it's not for the right tone of hair ( I hope you kinda understand ...)

I thought it was worth a mention, cause my mom bought once 2 tubes of the wrong one and now I'm stuck with it ...
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:07 pm

well ill maybe speak to my hairdresser but if im doing my whole head then ill do it myself/with my mums help Razz

and yeh i have no idea about colour...cos i dunno which one would fit what i want. and i can never remember if its MP of SFX thats better...maybe sallys will have something? idk Razz
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:12 pm

SFX is better from all I've heard...but a punk friend of mine said he used this UK brand called Underground Color and his mohawk was green for like a whole year...
Back to top Go down

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 6:21 pm

Well, I just went to get my stuff, to see what's written on it ... but it seems different than in the UK ... no mention of MP or SFX

All I can say is that for the oxydant, blondes need to take the 20Vol. or 6%.

As for the colour, I think it's best that you take one shade a little bit darker, cause it will fade away, all of the reddish kinds of colours will fade out rather quickly ...

I'm surprised at the knowledge that I have ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pink Hair! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pink Hair!   Pink Hair! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pink Hair!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next