The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

foundation and foundation compacts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

foundation and foundation compacts? Empty
PostSubject: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyFri May 11, 2007 8:26 pm

I really like the liquid one I use now,
the Pure Makeup stuff by Maybelline,
but I havent really found a good compact foundation for when Im late and have to do my makeup on the bus or outside of school.

in about a month I want to buy two more foundations,
mostly for the next school year so I dont have to do any last minute shopping.

and I want something that can last not only through a hot, humid louisiana day,
but through a long, irritating, bossier high school day.

which is why I want to switch, cos the Pure Makeup tends to...rub off. Sad

I want to narrow it down to about two foundations and two foundation compacts, and maybe pick from those or just buy em. haha.

maybe even a CONCEALER.
I really need to invest in that stuff.

any recommendations?

Last edited by on Fri May 11, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyFri May 11, 2007 8:34 pm

true match ive heard works REALLY well
i havent tried it but a ton of my friends use it
and they say its the best :]
its by uh l'Oréal Paris :]
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyFri May 11, 2007 8:41 pm

I use Cinema Secrets Foundation and a YY compact....and its seriously the best stuff ever. Ive tried all the foundations available at like the drug store and stuff and none of them really do anything for me.

Cinema Secrets gives the best coverage ever and it stays on pretty well. I usually never have to reapply it or anything, but it tends to work better with translucent powder over the top it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 11:53 pm

I live in hot, humid, texas so i get where you're coming from

I use L'oreal True Match
It's a liquid so it's best for oily skin
it really matches
it doesn't rub off
and it's relatively inexpensive

this stuff stood up to the humidity better than my hair did on prom night if that says anything

and also if you care, Maybelline tests on animals so i try to steer clear of it
Back to top Go down
loveme4w

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 7:16 am

Unfortunately, alot of things test on animals T_T. Mostly makeup and cleaning producs. Grumble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 12:04 pm

i know...it's really sad...i'm not an animals rights extremist or anything but i don't like knowing i'm using a product that melted a rabbits eye

in the case of cosmetics i believe ingnorance is bliss but really the better brands L'oreal(i think), MAC, Kryolan etc generally don't test on animals
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 1:10 pm

MAC Studio Finish Concealer is seriously the best. It covers everything.

It costs $14.50 but I've had mine a year and I still have 1/3 left.
Also, if you're using it under your eyes, pick an NW shade to counteract the cool tones.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 1:15 pm

thankies. its hard finding a good foundation OR concealer. the pure makeup is too dark, and I mix it with a really light CG smoothers tinted moisturizer to get a perfecto shade...but its too much work! and my transluscent powder? too light...

plus, whenever I put my head down in class, the foundation, even after setting with powder and all, would RUB OFF on my WHITE SWEATER.

I wear uniforms, for christs sake... >.<

this explains why in every post I make, Im always doin research before I buy, buahaha.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:26 pm

I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT FOUNDATION SLASH STICK.

I already have the perfect powder [revlon!]

but I still need a concealer!

can more people help with that?
Back to top Go down
Midi

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:41 am

I use Maybelline Pure Concealer (thin green stick) and it works pretty well. I smear it in a circular motion and then sort of dab it with my fingers and it blends really well with the foundation.

I've also heard Physicians Formula has really great concealers but I haven't tried it yet. I guess that's something to look into.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 am

Ive heard that, too, with physician's formula - I even tried some once, but not the right kind or shade. too light of a shade and too...cakey. made my undereye circles even more noticeable than before!

in fact, they dont have anything in my shade...but their liquid pen liner? to die for. :]
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:54 am

I wonder how the yellow concealer would work for you? It gets rid of my under-eye circles(which are horrid now, thanks, insomnia), but I have to really blend it out, and then I used regular concealer over it. Now I've stolen my sister's CG concealer, I love it so much. It's actually light enough for my skin tone, and it has amazing coverage.. I use it daily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:57 am

CG I love lots.

mascara lasts forever, foundation hasnt let me down, which is good, the gloss, fab; the translucent powder [although a shade lighter!], is a dream. blush isnt bad either, though PF has good blush, as far as I know... //random

what's the concealer called again? Im gonna be back in walgreens tomorrow, I can check all these suggestions out.. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: foundation and foundation compacts?   foundation and foundation compacts? Empty

Back to top Go down

foundation and foundation compacts?
Page 1 of 1