The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mineral Foundation?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Mineral Foundation? Empty
PostSubject: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 12:27 am

This is directed torwards ladies that have actually used Bare Minerals or anything similar.

First off, would you recommend it for oily skin?
Second, how long did it last? Did you need touch ups at all?
How is it overall? What did you like or didn't like about it?

I've been wondering because its not that I dont love my studio fix, but I know that it'll be gone soon, and I want to make sure I'll be able to replace my already good foundation with something just as good, or better.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 8:59 am

I'm looking into mineral foundation too.
You go on Specktra, right?
Well even if you don't, there's a mineral make up section and there's a thread for different brands. Apparently Bare Minerals isn't the best one to go for. There's one called Meow (edit: come to think of it it might be the Raw one you're on about) or something, they seem to be the favourite on Specktra. They have a lot of shades but you can get sent samples for the price of postage to find the perfect one.
Also people seem to have trouble with the Bare Minerals kabuki.. it's a bit scratchy if you use it all the time.

Anywhos, that's all I know Smile

Last edited by on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 11:33 am

Mineral foundation is great for oily skin, it reduces shine without looking weirdly matte, and doesn't clog your pours. I never need touch ups, but I'm a drier skin, but if you use a good primer it'll help
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 5:59 pm

If you go on makeupalley.com you can see reviews on Bare Minerals and stuff and it tells you what the skin type of the person who reviewed it is, it's pretty fkn cool.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 6:01 pm

I know, I have a MUA account - but I trust my girls on here a lot more - half those old bags on MUA dont even know how to use the shit they buy, you know?
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Dec 26, 2007 9:04 pm

I suppose. Well if it helps, the 734568237 myspace makeup groups love the stuff. lol
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 4:00 pm

has anyone ever heard of raw minerals? I wanted to know more about that.

and I'm not limited to just loose mineral foundations, ladies! pressed is fine, too! tell me anything you know! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 5:25 pm

I want to try Everyday Minerals, they send you a free sample kit and you just pay for the shipping, plus I've heard great things about them!

Now that I've been using Bare minerals for a few days, I think it's ok, I just don't think it's the miracle product I've always been told it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 5:41 pm

I may ask mum if she'd be willing to pay shipping - its only about $3 for stuff like that, and I don't think dad would miss it, really. there's a site that does the same for eyeshadow, so I may even try to break a deal and we can both pick stuff out! Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 2:55 am

well, I tried a run of the mill drugstore one, and it was a dud.
does ANYONE have recs for Puffy? ;-;
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 am

I've used the Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush, Bare Minerals and Lily Lolo.

With every single one I'd say that you need to have pretty fucking good skin to start with. I have normal/dry, fairly clear, a little redness on my cheeks.
The coverage is buildable but it's easy to look powdery/cakey and since your skin is oily it could oxidise and go orange - i found that around my hairline.
It's not particularly good for things like rosacea, and you need to make sure your kabuki is REALLY soft (bare minerals ones imo suck) because the buffing can irritate.
The 'concealers' are crap.

Out of the three i liked the Philosophy one - it was soooooo much easier to use, you didn't spill it everywhere and the colour match was much better. I also found it lasted longer.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 7:32 am

PolyphonicThought wrote:
well, I tried a run of the mill drugstore one, and it was a dud.
does ANYONE have recs for Puffy? ;-;

You been on that Specktra bit yet? On there it seems like Everyday Minerals and that other one are faves.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:44 pm

I can't order anything online. I'd have to go to a store and buy it. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:58 am

Ohhh damn. Sad
I myself can only use ebay, and I have to get my friend to do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mineral Foundation?   Mineral Foundation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mineral Foundation?
Page 1 of 1