The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stepford wife hair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Hello!
As you all know i am constantly hunting for longer hair, right?
well i really like this sort of style:
Spoiler:
yes they're all from the stepford wives!

so im wondering how to achieve this.
Will i need a wig or just a hair piece, or just some clip in extensions?
how do i get that adorable curl and the big hair a la nicole kidman?

obviously i have brown hair, so i don't care about how to dye my hair blonde!

thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by Kiki on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Images too large - stretching forum page)
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 am

For the curl i think some hot bendy rollers but not curled all the way up would be perfect, or rollers? annd the big hair, use some larger rollers or do a wee bit of teasing??
x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 8:34 pm

fun fact: that movie was filmed in my town and most of what you see is NOT a set. i live there! the book its based on was written about my area, too.

i'd say extensions are probably the way to go. they'll add alot of volume. does anyone know how well they hold a curl? i guess it depends if its real human hair or..not? lol. large rollers! you might even want to try pinning up small sections under the top layer to give more volume.
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 pm

ooh thats awesome im so coming to live with you!

and yes i am going to be getting a lot of clip in extensions i ahve decided Smile

thanks girls!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 12:09 am

Huh, just found a site that ships internationally...they're actually pretty pricey at $140-ish, but just wanted you to see because their clip-ins are actually pretty, and look damn decent:

http://www.hairtrade.com/
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:11 am

a girl i know has the jessica simpson ones. they're brown and curly (big curls) and actually look pretty natural. i don't know if its human hair or what. spending a little more (like the ones on the link puffy gave) are probably worth it. it is going on your head afterall!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:19 pm

the pre-styled jessica simpson ones are synthetic.
her human hair ones are really expensive.

i'd say a 2 inch curling iron should do curls like that. maybe even a 1 inch one, but wrap the hair around it a bit more spread out.

just a random question, but do you just a curling iron like you should (nipping the hair and wrapping up) or wrapping the hair around the curling iron?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
PolyphonicThought

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 pm

normally I just nip, but they have a curling iron where you only wrap the hair around it [its basically a cylinder!], and you're left with full, bouncy curls.

and I hate using anything smaller than a 2 inch...you're better off getting velcro rollers and some shine spray or something!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:35 pm

oh, i wrap my hair around a regular iron, so that way i can control how far my curls go up and make sure there isn't a bend or straight piece at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 pm

I've never tried that, but I know it would have saved me LOTS of grief and burnt weave, LOL. I'm hoping velcro rollers will be better to use, so I don't have any damage when I make my clip-ins this weekend. Remember the bouncy curls I did? Took hours to make, and in the end, the heat damaged them so badly in two days, I had to ditch them!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm

oh my god, that sucks!
heat is so terrible for hair. hopefully velcro rollers will be better.

sorry for going so off topic on your post, lil. haha.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 3:47 pm

LIL! DONT MAKE CURLS WITH STRAIGHTENERRRRS!

Learn from Puff's many mistakes. ;-;'

Oh yeah, adding volumizing spray or even dry shampoo to your hair will help add volume before adding the hair. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Rollers of some sort are the way to go for that sort of style (it's a personal thing, I think roller curls looks better than iron curls), they'll give you less of a barrel and more of a wave or ringlet. Plus they are fun.

If you don't have much hair to do it with, an iron might be quicker, but I can do a set now in 10 mins+20 minutes drying/cooling and irons take far longer to get a uniform curl all the way around.

/roller whore
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 6:56 pm

You're right, its very hard to get a uniform curl with an iron, especially a straightener - which is what fried my fake hair in the first place. Boy, was I pissed. Goddamn things kept comin out square.
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:29 pm

puffy- what if i got this:
http://www.hairtrade.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_33/products_id/37

and clipped it myself?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Yeah! That's the hair I buy all the time, and the type I planned to send you. That's the hair I buy for less than $10. 14 inches would be more than long enough for you. nod
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 5:06 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 4:32 am

oh dear lord but for that site is is $40 each! and more if i wanted longer x.x
Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:14 am

I would think that extensions, hairspray, and/or lots of teasing would do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stepford wife hair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepford wife hair   Stepford wife hair Empty

Back to top Go down

Stepford wife hair
Page 1 of 1