The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coastal Scents Brushes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Coastal Scents Brushes Empty
PostSubject: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:36 pm

About a week ago I ordered a 14 piece brush set and a Kabuki brush from Coastal Scents, and then I had to go save them from the Post Office so I could use them and write a review for you gals.

This is what came in my package:

Coastal Scents Brushes 100_1849

The case is really nice and has a little pocket inside to hold my other brushes. I love that the inside is the same leatherette so I can clean it easily. The brushes are surprisingly good quality, I say that because the 14 piece set was only $19.99. The kabuki was smaller than I thought it would be but once I used it I decided it was the right size.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I feel in love with the tapered eyeshadow brushes and the slanted liner brush. The eyeshadow brushes are so soft and give great control of color, they're great blenders also. I thought the liner brush worked fantastic dry, but then I got it wet and it was amazing!! Such good control, the bristles didn't fray and it is SO soft.

They included a sample of their rose sparks eyeshadow, I haven't used it yet, but it looks lovely.
Spoiler:

Some picture of my work:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

...sorry for all the spoilers but photobucket decided not the recognize that I resized everything. Mad
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:41 pm

I heard on Specktra that these brushes go weird after you wash them. I hope that doesn't happen to you! That look is nice, but I think I would like it even more if the shadow and wing didn't go out so far. Just my personal preference Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:41 pm

hey those look really nice!!

*contemplates buying them*

i bought a cheap set off ebay and eveyrhting but the teeny tiny eyeshadow brushes, and the contour brush sheds hair everywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:43 pm

I heard that the problem was mostly with he animal hair brushes, I washed mine, no weird smell or anything thing out of the ordinary yet.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Hooray!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:56 am

Pursebuzz.com has two review videos of coastal scents brushes so check 'em out (quite fun to watch even if you're not thinking of buying them, or maybe I'm just sad Razz ), especially Part 2 cus she vigorously washes the brushes and they didn't shed or anything.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Ooh, looks like a good buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coastal Scents Brushes   Coastal Scents Brushes Empty

Back to top Go down

Coastal Scents Brushes
Page 1 of 1