The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cleaning brushes?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Just wondering everyones techniques!

i use clean and clear facial cleanser and gently rub the brush under running water.

but i don't know how to clean large powder brushes?

help would be fantabulous
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 pm

uhm. all you need is gentle liquid soap/shampoo. just lather them, rinse them, pay them dry, and lay them FLAT - letting them dry UP will allow water to seep into handles, shortening brush life - with brush section hanging off the edge of desk, dresser, table, etc.

..thats it. nothing fancy. don't waste money on brush cleaner.
Back to top Go down

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 11:55 pm

excellent

thanks puff!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 11:58 pm

np, love.
Back to top Go down

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 5:22 am

How do people clean foundation brushes? I've got one by Benefit and have used it literally a couple of times but it's all clogged and I want to make it squeaky clean again Sad
Back to top Go down

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 8:43 am

I:
rinse with warm water
shampoo
rinse
condition
rinse
and then blow dry.
This really works on foundation brushes!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 8:45 am

I rinse with luke warm water (avoiding the handle)P then massage baby shampoo in and rinse again and repeat until the water runs clear. Then leave to dry balanced over the edge of the bath so the brush bit is over the edge, that way it can't get mis-shapen.
Back to top Go down

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 am

O yeah ALWAYSSS avoid the handle because the water will ruin it and your brushes will rot and so wont last as long
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 9:23 am

I use MAC brush cleaner then lay them flat so the water doesn't destroy the glue holding the bristles.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 12:20 pm

I rinse mine under warm water then put a drop of baby shampoo in my palm and swirl the brush into the baby shampoo then rinse, I repete that once or twice for my face brushes, then lay them out to dry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? EmptyFri Jan 11, 2008 1:51 pm

Jess wrote:
How do people clean foundation brushes? I've got one by Benefit and have used it literally a couple of times but it's all clogged and I want to make it squeaky clean again Sad

do the same thing I told lil. there's no special way to clean a brush. same shit applies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cleaning brushes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning brushes?   cleaning brushes? Empty

Back to top Go down

cleaning brushes?
Page 1 of 1