The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS Empty
PostSubject: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 1:05 am

I'm going to buy some more shadows and pigments this weekend so please let me know your TOP 5 favorites from each category.Thanks :-)
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 5:29 am

only one I can think of atm as of shadows is shroom, because its a basic colour you'd use everyday...Im sure you have it, though!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 11:12 am

If you don't have Freshwater already, it's the most gorgeous blue ever! Aquadisiac is one of my favorites too. I have other favorites too but most of the MAC I buy ends up being limited edition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 12:54 pm

Vanilla Pigment is a beautiful highlighter!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 12:29 pm

My top five shadows-

Humid - Dark green
Clarity - nice, deep true blue
Club - dark greeny browny purpley colour. It's awesome.
Retrospeck - Gold
Aquadisiac - sea green

Pigments-

Naked (good brow highlight on me, but it's already quite pale, so don't know if it would show up on you)
Old Gold <--- definite favourite
Kelly Green - Awesome apple green
Ruby Red - Good with purples and yellow/orange combos
Pink Pearl - Kind of fuschia (wow, I can't spell that) colour, but not so heavy on the purple as the actual fuschia pigments Very Happy

Yay eyeshadow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 10:20 pm

thanks so much girls!
you helped me out a lot.
I'm actually going tomorrow so i'll let you know what i end up getting Smile
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 am

Kendra, how do u afford so much mac? Isn't it crazy expensive for you too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 4:03 am

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!! That's insane!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I have two MAC eyeshadows - 'Swimming' and 'Trax' - they're so nice, the colour is particularly great on 'Swimming'. But I've never tried a pigment and I really want to..

I'm interested in finding out what you buy Smile I hope it'll encourage me to get a pigment.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Jess, you should go for a neutral colour for your first pigment - it'll be something that'll look great on you that you'll never regret!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 2:13 pm

Like these?

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/products/shade.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU57232 (Vanilla)

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/products/shade.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU57241 (Fairylite)

Although earlier you suggested 'Shroom' and that looks like it would be good to work with!

I want to go for the dita von teese look, using other than red lippy and black eyeliner, jazzing it up a bit with a really beautiful new shadow!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 2:19 pm

yeah, like those, since you must have a pale complexion - you should try a light bronzy, gold colour! I've used bronzy shadows on my friends with pale tones and they loved how they looked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySat Dec 22, 2007 9:00 pm

I usually get really bright, bold colors even though i am very pale.I should probably wear more neutrals also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 12:52 am

So i ended up going to a mac counter instead of the actual store ( due to terrible traffic!)>I went to Nordstrom and they didn't have anything! Seriously! Out of all the things that you gals suggested i've decided to get the Vanilla pigment and the Club but they didn't have either one.I ended up getting these shadows:
-Carbon ( just needed a plain, black shadow cause mine broke)
- White frost ( the mac lady suggested i'd get it for a highlight color)
- Parfait Amour ( it's such a pretty dark kind of lilac color , i've decided that i really need it Smile
that's all i got. The mac lady showed me a pink pigment that was supposed to be a pro color that they carry for a limited time, i was thinking of getting it but i don't know if i should, i think it was Bright Fuchsia.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 12:57 am

oOoOoOo fuchia? sounds lush!
and that Parfait Amour just sounds pretty. can you link me to it? your description intrigues me! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 1:02 am

I have Parfait Amour, I looove it!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 1:24 am

anjelik_dreamin wrote:
Kendra, how do u afford so much mac? Isn't it crazy expensive for you too?

Kelly and I are both working full time so we're bringing in about $600 a week. Expenses are $450-$500. Cool We take turns at buying stuff. Most of the time it gets spent on appliances, but when we feel like being frivolous, I spend it on makeup and he spends it on video games. Oh, and all the pigments are only test sized! I don't think it's allowed overseas anymore (on ebay- I could be completely wrong, but that's how it seems), but over here there's heaaaps of tester sized pigment samples floating around TradeMe.They don't even sell the real jars at my counter down here.

But, yeah, it's mainly because I'm a cheap biatch when it comes to spending money on anything else. The fact that I want to 'do' makeup for a job also contributes to this Razz

Good list of colours, Karina. I want Carbon, but I have like three blacks already and shouldn't go getting another. I really like Parfait Amour in the pan, but I found it disappointing on me, to say the least. It was quite bland in person Neutral Good as a base colour for me, but I wouldn't wear it by itself, like I do with Violet pigment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 9:15 pm

I guess a lot of people think that Parfait Amour doesn't show up as well as it looks in the pan.
I found this topic about it on livejournal:
http://community.livejournal.com/mac_cosmetics/24644878.html
somebody suggested applying it wet.I will have to try that,or
just packing on layers of it.
Here is a link to what it looks like:
http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/shade.tmpl?SKU_ID=SKU4052
so pretty!
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 9:20 pm

it's also in this pic I posted Puffy, top row, 4th shadow
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1440/821750852_6b4c4693fe.jpg
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 9:39 pm

holy fuck, its a beautiful color. I may have a purple similar to it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 10:52 pm

yeah, i think that on Lindsay's picture it looks a lot better , on the mac site it's kind of light
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 11:34 pm

Mmm yummy.

I went to the MAC store while in Chicago
and I boughttttttt
Carbon,
Shroom,
and
Swimming.
I tried using Carbon today, but for some reason I can never make black shadow look good,
I always look dirty!
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 1:39 pm

A sponge applicator makes it show up, it's yet another colour that only goes on super sheer when I use a brush. Even packing it on as they suggested doesn't work as well. I think with my colouring I just need a brighter purple, it washes me out a bit. Actually, Parfait Amour is the main colour in my av. I've yet to see the duochrome in it. Still, it's a good colour to have.

I haven't actually tried wetting it, yet. Usually it's a colour that I wear to work and most of the time I'm rushing anyway Very Happy

Mmm, Swimming! I want, Jamie. Have you tried it yet? Were you going for a smoky look with Carbon or did you just have the one colour? If you paired it with the colour combo you have in your av, putting it in the extreme outer corner and crease, it would look great. Or if you did a smoky green, that would look hot, too.

But half the time my makeup looks like a drag queens, so I don't know if you wanna go that far >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS   TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS Empty

Back to top Go down

TOP 5 MAC EYESHADOWS/and PIGMENTS
Page 1 of 1