The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

quick scaffold bar question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

quick scaffold bar question Empty
PostSubject: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 6:02 pm

is it normal for my scaffold bar to still be a bit scabby and nasty when ive had it for a year?
(happy birthday piercing today actually Razz)

i give it a good clean with warm water every few days but i still gets pretty nasty.
i mean i sleep on it and stuff so i could see that maybe effecting it...but i cant not sleep on it.
my friend who has one said hers took ages to heal...but idk...I thought I'd ask.

im thinking...the bar is quite short, like there's not much freedom to move it side to side...I should buy a slightly longer one and put it in right? I regret not getting it done with 2 bits and then putting a bar in. Maybe he thought because I have small ears it would be ok with this bar...but I have like a bump that it's healed with. On the side thats against my head, on the outside of my ear where the ball of the bar is, there's this bump and it's quite sore if I push against it or push the bar when I'm cleaning it so I should get a slightly longer bar then yeh?
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
asoftrevolution

asoftrevolution

Number of posts : 979
Name : Kat
Registration date : 2007-04-23

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 7:32 pm

I would say go for the longer bar, and use a clean washcloth dipped in warm salt water to "soak" where the bump is. I've heard that can help clear up those sort of bumps, but I haven't tried it myself, so I can't really tell you that's true. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 7:39 pm

yup definately thinking longer bar is good, except ive never taken this piercing out, and as i said it's a year old today so im a bit scared confused2
dad to the rescue!

the bump...its quite hard looking at it in the mirror but it looks just like my normal skin, its sore to push...maybe feels a wee bit hard. Maybe I should ask the piercer about it when I go? confused2 It couldn't hurt I guess.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 pm

My friend got one of those hard bumps on her nose peircing and was told to use Whitchhazel on it. It cleared up really fast.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 8:01 pm

ooh thanks.
ill need to get some.

hmmm i need to attempt to measure my bar...i think ill need help with that >.<

ooh you know how you can get flexible stuff? like these or [url=http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/ptfe_flexible_barbells_3602315.cfm]these...would one of those be good for it maybe? just with me sleeping on it and it still feeling a bit gunky and sore?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 08, 2007 11:57 pm

thats probably a keloid. slat soaks and stuff should get rid of it

yeah, get a longer bar and if you can, order some H20cean.. i've heard good things about it.

i ahven't had mine for a year yet but it still gets scabby sometimes.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 am

never mind a longer bar, i'd be getting seperate jewellery until its totally healed.

its not likely that is a keloid. keloids are actually quite rare, theyre really dark and there nothing you can do about them except have them removed surgically.

normally when people say keloid they mean hypertrophic scarring which is alot less serious. they're lighter coloured lumps usually caused by heavy or too small jewellery causing stress to the piercing. if you change to more sensible jewellery then it will go away with time. but yeh, tea tree oil or witch hazel will help, but don't use it too often or it will dry the piercing out and irritate it.

or if its soft and squidgy then it might be a fluid bubble (im really prone to them) which is just excess lymph. i just pop them and use witch hazel on them to clear it up.

oooorrrr it could just be scar tissue. in which case you can use hydrogen peroxide to burn it off. but if it hurts when you press it, it doesnt sound like that. so i wouldnt do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 3:27 pm

aw thankies gill.
im a bit dumb...what kind of jewellery should i put in it? im not good with jewelery of this kind >.<
barbell/hoop?

and no its not fluidy...but it definately sounds like the hypertrophic scarring thingy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyThu Aug 09, 2007 11:26 pm

i did like gill mentioned..
put in seperate jeweley until it healed.
i still have problems with mine sometimes, though.

like, it still gets a little bit scabby every once in awhile..
that's pretty much how piercings are, i guess. s:

because i first got my ears pierced a week after i was born..
& uhm.. yea, they still get a little nasty from time to time
even if i DO keep them clean.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 1:07 am

you could try labret studs, thats what i ahd in mine to start with
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 8:41 am

hmmm i think i have 2 studs i had in my lip...i dont wanna mess it up though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyFri Aug 10, 2007 6:48 pm

you could get them autoclaved
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptySat Aug 11, 2007 3:06 pm

barbells rather than BCRs i think, less chance of them catching and getting more angry at you.

just go to your piercer and explain they're a bit irritated and ask if they can put seperate jewellery in it for you. that way you know your getting nice clean jewellery thats the right size and your not gonna bugger up puting it in Wink

my piercer usually does stuff like that for free. especially if it was their mistake puting the wrong jewellery in the first place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Bianca

Bianca

Number of posts : 625
Name : Bianca
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:20 pm

is a scaffold bar the same as an indistrial?

Cause iv had mine done a year and about 2 months, it was done with 2 seperate bars but i havent gotten round to getting a single bar in yet haha.
Anyway last night i noticed that iv lost a ball, i dont know how long it had been gone but the rest of the bar was still in fine, and iv since temporarily fixed it with a piece of blue tack haha.
Anyway, i dont think it'll fall out, but if it does, does anyone know what the chances are of it closing up?
I figured that seeing as its been done for so long it wont close up for ages right?

confused2
Back to top Go down
http://www.biancapol.blogspot.com
Kirsty

Kirsty

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question EmptyWed Aug 15, 2007 4:44 pm

yeh its the same, mine is across the top of my ear.
when i think industrial, i think more up and down but yeh.

woohoo i got tea tree oil stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick scaffold bar question   quick scaffold bar question Empty

Back to top Go down

quick scaffold bar question
Page 1 of 1