The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am now a red head!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zombiere

I am now a red head! Empty
PostSubject: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 8:00 pm

I have died my hair red. Thank god no more black YAY! It's such a pretty red..I love it < 3 hehe Smile Will post pix sometime this week. Im busy all weekend. Concerts. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:19 pm

Sounds pretty! I love red hair. Right now is the first time I've had non-red hair in 3 years! I miss it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm

how'd you go about that?
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 12:35 pm

I ran into a woman at sally's and she's in cosmotology school. She showed me what to get etc.. She was very knowledgable and it worked out perfect! Here's a photo. It looks crappy, and not like me AT ALL but I was rushed b/c my dad was bugging me lol.

I am now a red head! DSC02915
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Pretty!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 1:20 pm

it suits u, its a really nice red as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 9:22 pm

nice! how'd you dye over black?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 1:28 pm

It suits your skin very well!!!

but be warned, it will fade and it will fade fast
regardless of how well you take care of it

a few tips:
use shampoos, conditioners, treatments, and styling products specifically for colored red hair

always rinse your hair with cool water, kind of like when you wash red clothes, warm water makes them bleed more. Your hair is the same

if you plan on being in the sun for a long time wrap your hair up in a scarf or bandana and probably some leave in conditioner for red hair

when swimming in a chlorinated pool use an extremely thick leave in conditioner,preferably cholesterol, or something like Mane and Tail, the point is to put a coating on your hair so the water can't really get to it...put in braids or a pony tail or a swim cap
Chlorine hates red hair about as much or maybe more than it hates blonde

only dye it every 4 to 6 weeks to keep it healthier but when it starts to fade a bit and you want the color to be vibrant again without coloring it go to the beauty supply store and buy semi-permanent,like Manic-Panic or that beyond color stuff and just put a rinse over it...it will keep it vibrant for a week or two with out you having to damage your hair

these are just a few things that I do to keep my red hair pretty hahaha
they aren't "pro" advice but they work for me

[edit] ooh and another one...if you ever need to use a shampoo,like for dandruff or any thing you're going to rinse out in the shower and you're afraid of it being mean to your hair, mix some manic panic or something similar in it...

note- i know a lot of people don't like manic panic but i was just using it as an example
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 4:00 pm

when i had red hair, it was more a natural and not as bright, i used a red henna shampoo all the time which made my hair reeeeally nice and kept my colour.
my hairdresser always commented on how red faded fast but mine always looked good.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 4:03 pm

it's true that the more natural shades don't fade as bad...but henna shampoo is a good idea
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 5:17 pm

I LOVE YOUR COLOUR! What did you use? Where did you get it? How much was it? Seriously....that's the colour I want!

And it looks GREAT on you! Smile

But yeah, red fades soooo fast....LOL. I'll have to check out the henna shampoo stuff. I know that Nutri-Source carries it.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:23 pm

I used Clairol Herbal Essences 44 Radiant Ruby (Deep Red) and I love the color. There is very strong red at the top and it gets a little darker throughout the hair. It's very pretty! Thank you so much for the advice Tinnia I really appreciate. I bought the John Frieda Radiant Red shampoo, and conditioner. The conditioner is for light red, and the shampoo is for dark since I have different tones in my hair, and it works WONDERS. My hair is soooo gorgeous b/c of this product! The conditioner also came with a free trial of the color stay serum which is to die for! I love this product!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:27 pm

I use his sheer blonde and love it. doesnt do much for my roots but my blondey looks lovely and its not dry or anything, it's luverly.

if you see some tho, you should maybe still get a bottle of henna shampoo...because its a bit like with some unnaturally colours and reds, people sometimes put a bit of dye in their shampoo? it might help give your colour a bit of oomph every so often :]
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 9:01 pm

hmmm maybe I will try putting a tiny bit of dye in my shampoo...-ponders-. Right now I am shit BROKE. lol. It's not even funny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 9:16 pm

ooh...do you have any uh hm...ethnic beauty supply stores run by asians?...if so they usually have semi permanent dyes for very very cheap...the kind i use only costs $1.99 and you'd be amazed at the quality
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 9:23 pm

ermmmm..we might? lol. I'll have to check. But some how I doubt it even though there's convenient stores, etc..run my indians. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 9:26 pm

go to a erm...ghetto area...they'll be every where
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 6:12 am

Hahaha ooooh hell to the no! Those places are behond sketchy lol. The ghetto pretty much scares me b/c people get killed there constantly in Massachusetts. =p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 am

well...ok then...suit yourself
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 12:37 pm

I love my hair but I don't love it THAT much. lol. I'll see what I can find. =p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 12:41 pm

I live in an area where we have a pretty equal black and white mix...actually if you add up all the blacks and mexicans they out number the whites...but anyways...
so called ghetto areas don't really phase me...the news likes to exagerate "minority" areas...they usually aren't as bad as they're made out to be...atleast here they aren't
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 7:33 pm

here they are as bad as they are meant out to be lol. Boston and dorchester are reallllly bad!
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 10:33 pm

i dont think the ghetto is ever as bad as it is made out to be... unless you are talking about a slum in a foreign country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 10:35 pm

yeah...you never really know until you go there...

It also helps being with people you know that live in that area...but you know, why else would you be there?
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 10:54 pm

yeah, i dunno. i mean, crime is more common in those areas, but for the most part, it is related to gang activity and domestic/interpersonal disputes, not just random shootings, although those do happen.

i live in Richmond, Virginia, which, last year, had the 5th highest murder rate in the country, right after cities like New Orleans and Camden. i mean, yeah, a lot of people get killed here, but it doesnt mean i'm gonna get shot when i leave my house! obviously, i dont live in the worst parts of the city, but even there, i feel reasonably comfortable walking around, as long as i'm smart and not alone or there after everything is closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am now a red head!   I am now a red head! Empty

Back to top Go down

I am now a red head!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next