The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zombiere

How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? Empty
PostSubject: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:11 pm

Like the title says, How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? I am a natural blonde, and my hair is dyed black. I can see blonde roots now. I know it doesn't look the best, but I reallly don't want black hair anymore I'm so sick of black lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 pm

Strip it, dye it as close as you can to your natural blonde, and let it grow out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:21 pm

...honestly even if it is semi permanent you're not going to get rid of the black easily
see if you can find any really strong shampoos that will strip color...medicated ones usually like for dandruff and psoriasis work well
this will take out some of the black if you use it regularly but you're hair will still be stained probably permanently

so like brittni said you'll probably have to strip the color...
atleast twice

then you will need to put a toner on it to get the color even...then dye it whatever color you want

any questions feel free to ask...color is my favorite subject in cosmo

Last edited by on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2007 11:22 pm

Tea tree shampoo will definitely strip the color.. and it's really good for your scalp! But it would probably really dry out your hair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:02 am

Will Head And Shoulders Dandruff shampoo work? I have a big bottle of that. Usually I use Herbal Essences, and it makes my hair really soft and it seems to get rid of the roughness from dying it so much! I am kind of on a budget. I'm sorta broke at the moment lol. Don't get paid till friday, and even then I'm not sure what I will be able to afford! BTW what type of toner what you suggest? I'm not really smart on these types of things haha. Thank you all for your advice Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 11:31 am

Ooh, I just found this on the Sally's website...It's a color remover specifically for semi-permanent hair color...
you should check that out!!!

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1490/320930
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:14 pm

it says the page is no longer available. Sad But im looking on the site and found the section for stripping hair color. hmmm..looks interesting. Thank god I have a sallys down the street lol.

Edit: I just found the item on my own by searching. I will have to run to sallys sometime this week and pick some up. I sure hope its not too expensive. Like I said, I'm on a budget! lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:22 pm

usually stuff like that isn't too expensive...but like I said before black is a bitch to get rid of regardless or how permanent it's supposed to be...good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
Djoizz

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 12:53 pm

You can use products but what would be best is to just grow it out. I've got the same problem you do and because of all the products I used all the time my hair got so ugly. thin, dry those kind of things. You should go to an hairdresser and ask for a cool up to date short model. I cut my own hair, and cut out bits every now and then or shorten/spice it up. If you cut layers in your hair you can also find tricks to have several colours in your hair without it looking like roots. You definitely have to use a few products more than once cause the first time you remove the hair colour your hair will go either orange, yellow or another odd colour. It's quite bad for your hair.

I'm sorry if my english is bad, I think explaining it in dutch would go easier.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 4:12 pm

my black hair was semi...and it did not fade.
even using like anti dandruff shampoos...i got a dark brown in some of the whispier bits but nothing special.

the best way to get to your natural is to wait it out...if you're brave enough, get your hair cut short. it means your natural hair will be healthy too. Maybe you could call up your salon or someone you know thats good with hair and speak to a stylist about what they could do to help it...you might find a cute style.

i read madradhair a lot and i remember reading how stripped could be really temperamental and might not work too well on black hair. im not an expert or know about hair tho...i sit in the chair and tell her what i'd like but im just saying what i read.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:10 pm

i recommended a product too her that is meant just to strip the semi-color off the hair and leave the natural hair alone

so maybe that paired with anti-dandruff shampoos would do the trick

i'm terrified of bleach so i always try to come up with a helpful idea that doesn't involve it hahaha
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:21 pm

yeh i phrased it weird...i meant the hair thats black would be healthy...well because it would be chopped off if it was cut Razz
wah brain not working...you know like she wouldnt have to worry about frying her hair or anything because it would be all nice and new and not producty at all.

and i really dunno about this whole drandruff shampoo...as i said i used it...and i used head and shoulders, t-gel and really dtrong medicated stuff my mum got and it did bugger all except to the thinner little whispy bits of hair, like at the back of my neck and stuff. I had black hair for about...2 years maybe? Or a year and a half...and I didnt dye it after I went out with Sam (may) so it had maybe faded a bit when I started using the shampoo around christmas but I really saw no difference in it.
I got mine bleached at a salon, obviously NOT an option if you are on a budget, unless you have a hair handy friend...my hair wasnt really fried or damaged when i got it done first time (it felt the same to me) and i've had it done maybe three times in the past year and my hair is still soft and nice.

I'd say if the strip doesnt work or whatever, speak to a hairdresser and see what they think...maybe they could cut it a way that wasnt too short but would look ok, like Djoizz suggested.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Now I'm confused...because you're confused about me being confused...wow...now I've confused my self...omg

I use to use Nizoral AD and granted my hair isn't black...I could see a difference everytime I washed my hair...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 7:10 pm

if you want the black out - like, you cant stand looking at it for another day- i think you should go to a salon and have them strip the color as best they can, and then get a major cut. you'll need it after that kind of chemical! plus, like people have said...once the hair thats damaged/dyed has been cut off, there will be less of the unblacked hair to grow out. i know that having really short hair when you don't want it sucks (i had a major hair disaster in 10th grade... basically, i went in with hair well below my shoulders and walked out with hair no longer than two inches from my scalp. which..by the way..was NOT want i asked for)
I do think its worth getting it cut quite a bit though if you really, really want to bleach out or strip that black
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 8:20 am

i just use head and shoulders every day for two or three weeks and it strips it out my hair..but then im natuarally dark brown.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 10:49 am

I had this issue. I dyed my hair black for YEARS AND YEARS. Then I tried to strip it with Blondissima, and it didn't work. I had to go to a salon, and get it done.

Although, I found out later that if you wash it with dish detergent, it helps get rid of the colour, and then strip it, it should work.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 11:20 am

While it may look really stupid, unless you want to have to cut off the majority of your hair, just let it grow out!

Stripping is the worst thing you could do to your hair and nothing damages it more.

No matter how much you condition, it WILL end up feeling like straw and you WILL have to cut off a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 4:43 pm

Muffins Goes RAWR wrote:
While it may look really stupid, unless you want to have to cut off the majority of your hair, just let it grow out!

Stripping is the worst thing you could do to your hair and nothing damages it more.

No matter how much you condition, it WILL end up feeling like straw and you WILL have to cut off a good deal.

After having to strip it twice to get the black out, then again at the hair dressers, I conditioned with stuff called Cholesterol (it's for black hair), and my hair was still soft and shiny (and long at the time). I just used that everyday, and my hair is fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyFri Jul 20, 2007 6:53 pm

I just got some stuff for my hair at sallys to strip it. Granted, it's probably not the healthiest way but ohhh well. lol. I am NEVER dying my hair black ever again. Its such a pain in the arse! I do have a perminant red color in the closet of my bathroom..hmm..might use that haha.
Back to top Go down
Djoizz

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 7:16 am

It does fade in summer, the more sun you get on it the more it fades, but then Id suggest you use good shampoo in order to protect your hair against the UV radiation. However, I still agree with my first answer and a lot what kiki said. Just cut it out. I keep cutting my hair till the dye is shorter than my natural haircolour. As soon as it's shorter it'll just look like I dyed the points of my hair Razz Luckily I dyed my hair when it was quite short. xox
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 12:39 pm

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. I have stripped my hair of the black and dyed it red. It looks natural too. Which is awesome. I absolutely adore it. I could not believe how light my hair got from the black! I was literally stunned! But it isnt icky and it doesn't feel like straw. It's actually really soft. I'm going to get some of that John Freida shampoo and conditioner today. The one for red heads. Should help the color Smile
Back to top Go down
Djoizz

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 2:16 am

didnt you lose hair along the process? o.0 perhaps i should try it then as well if it really works without damaging your hair that is.
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:38 pm

I didn't lose ANY hair whatsoever! This is what I used. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1490/500500
along with this.. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1470/320858

My hair is wonderful! and I still have all of my hair! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 6:36 pm

Zombierella wrote:
I didn't lose ANY hair whatsoever! This is what I used. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1490/500500
along with this.. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1470/320858

My hair is wonderful! and I still have all of my hair! LOL.

Resurrecting the dead thread...LOL.

Just a Question....did you mix the two product together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 7:17 pm

that packet has a powder (I believe) substance in it similar to bleach, then you mix the developer(usually a cream) with it so that it oxidates or works...whatever you want to call it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?   How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can I make my semi-perminant hair dye grow out faster?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: