The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oldschool Video Games <3

Go down 
+10
cherrybomb
anjelik_dreamin
Lindsay
Beb82
Le_Saboteur
kaylalane
gill
Kirsty
Jayme
shadowsforsale
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Smile St

Oldschool Video Games <3 Empty
PostSubject: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 10:55 pm

SO.
I am sure that most of us played NES, SNES, Sega Genesis and even up to Sega Saturn and N64.

What's your favorite old videogame system?
What's your favorite oldschool game?
What do you TOTALLY ROCK at?

I love SNES, but my favorite system (because I always had it around me as a kid) is the Sega Genesis. My brother left it at a friends house for MONTHS but he brought it back last night and I am suddenly super excited about playing it...

I <3 the Sonic series, and I rock SO HARD at Sonic III plus the Sonic and Knuckles expansion dealie. Seriously. I am awesome. Haha.

I also super dig this ol' game called Puggsy, which is about a weird orange alien who crashlands on some planet and these little raccoons steal his spaceship... I don't know, it's fucked up, but fun. Haha!

ANYWAY. I am a dork.

DISCUSS.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 10:56 pm

Duck hunt! And Mario, sometimes. Hockey was fun, that was on Nintendo, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:02 pm

SNES SNES SNES

i bought it from ym brother when i was little and omg i loved it

all the game sare good but my faves are defo. lin king, Donkey Kong COuntry 1 and 2 and and >.<

TERRANIGMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

/nerd
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Oh my gosh, Duck Hunt is CLASSIC. I haven't played it since I was teeny tiny, but my boyfriend has it. I always forget he does, though, so like... one day I am just going to remember suddenly and get all excited and stand up and point and yell "YOU HUNT DUCKS WITH ME NOW!!"
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:04 pm

OH GOSH, Lion King was SWEET as heck! I totally rock that game's face off, too.

Mannng. Oldschool games. Heart.

What about Eccho the Dolphin? I feel like a loser for loving that series because everybody else I know thought it was stupid... haha. It was hard!! Some of 'em, anyway.

BUT What is Terranigma? DESCRIBE THIS TO ME.
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 pm

We had the Sesame Street games, or were they a different terrifying children's show? Oh well. They're down here somewhere still.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:12 pm

Kirby for NES! I have to say I was never really the one to play it. I just liked being the cheerleader for whoever WAS playing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 pm

OMG terranigma is an RPG, your town gets taken over and all your people turn into crystals, and then you have to kill all these monsters and find all the souls of your friends and stuff, then you get to the outside world, and you have to rediscover all the continents and yuou get to fly aeroplanes and sail boats and race chickens and stuff..

I LOVE IT
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 11:38 pm

I LOVEEEE NES and SNES,
hell I love em all!
I play my boyfriends N64 allll day long.
Pokemon Snap baby!
and then Super Smash Bros.
YEEEEAHDUDE.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 2:14 am

LOLLLLLLLLL at echo the dolphin!

and i rocked hard at lion king
i had sega genesis and sega saturn so i cant remember which these games go to but:

virtua fighter
and
clockwork knight ( a super cute game where youre a toy knight and you have to fight through all these places around a house)

and on NES we used to have a teenage mutant ninja turtles game which was awesome. oh and transylvania hahaha that one used to scare me though.

oh the good old days where you blew your lungs out into the cartridge to play a decent game on nes haha
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 3:12 am

Oh dude, that TMNT game was rad as hayul.

And Terranigma sounds really sweet, actually. I MISS OLD RPGs. I own, like, none.

.... I think this calls for a visit to the used game store!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 3:26 am

used games here we come!!

lets have a convention Razz
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 5:45 am

I have a sega megadrive sitting next to me.
is that old school? Razz
my favourite game is sonic on it.
but i dont have a charger and it takes 6 batteries which sucks.

i used to have a...something entertainment system and had mario on it and it was awesome!

sam has a bunch of old game systems...snes and nes i think...or maybe its an n64...but he has a couple. <3
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
loveme4w

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 5:49 am

PERFECT DARK ^_^

Except there's like Perfect Dark Zero or whatever on XBox now...
but I don't have an Xbox ^_^

I only have Perfect Dark on my N64 ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 6:33 am

Man if you want to talk retro, I sit with Burger Time on the old Texas Instruments TI-99/4A. Many of you had not been born when I played that for the first time. Yes, it is that awesome.
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 7:51 am

sonic, mario
crash bandicoot, spyro the dragon, croc
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 8:28 am

Donkey Kongggg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2007 10:01 am

Well as far as game systems I love my SNES. <3 I lost one of the cables so I can't hook it up right unfortunately.

Recently though I aquired Oregon Trail!

Also Have been playing number munchers. <3 DOS games.

My favorite SNES game though was Yoshi Island.

These new console game systems I am not too much into. There just seems to be too much, though I have a DS now and love it! >_< Though older systems still rock.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 1:50 am

Smile Stardust wrote:

What about Eccho the Dolphin? I feel like a loser for loving that series because everybody else I know thought it was stupid... haha. It was hard!! Some of 'em, anyway.

ECCHO. HOLY CRAP.

That kind of made me freak out. I lovedlovedloved Eccho, even though I never had the right console. Whenever we went to my auntie's house I'd sneak into the room and play. I thought noone in the goddamn world remembered Eccho, I've mentioned it to heaps of people and they've all been like 'what the hell is that?'

I never had a Nintendo of any sort, but I do remember my hearty Master System II. That thing saw a whooole lotta use. I remember finally clocking Alex the Kid with my nephew (a year younger than me) and a few cousins and it was like the best day ever. And Sonic II, jeebus. And this random ninja game called Shadowmaster or whatever. My nephew had this game called Adventures of Wonderboy or something, and he was this little blond kid running around with a sword. I don't remember much, but I can easily recall how kickass it was back in the day.

Shit. DOS games, how can you forget those?

Jill of the Jungle, Wolfenstein, JAZZ JACKRABBIT WHICH NO ONE REMEMBERS. Halloween Harry was rad.

I also remember on our very first computer in about 1993, playing Carmen Sandiago- or what I remember as Carmen Sandiago, it's probably some nameless game. Whoa. It was one where you actually typed in dialogue and stuff. I used to say things like 'HEY BATTY EARS' and thought I was so bad.

Oooh shit. I just remembered Hocus Pocus.

And, Angelina, is Number Munchers the one with the worm or caterpillar thing in it? That had glasses? I remember there was a reading or spelling one as well, and I loved that. I'm probably confusing this game with the one you talked about, but it was awesome anyway.

My dad used to buy all these crappy PC magazines pre '96 or so, and they'd come with little floppies full of equally crappy games. Those were lots of fun, too.

Ahh, memories. I realised a few of the people on this forum weren't even around in '93. Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Smile St

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 3:50 am

I REMEMBER JAZZ JACKRABBIT. AAHH.

I totally remember number munchers, too. Old floppy disk games... crap. That's hilarious. We had, like, Wheel of Fortune and weird junk in black and green back in the day.

AND HOLY CRAP. There was this Star Trek game that my brothers and I used to play... back before the days of internet walkthroughs and stuff, when we had to CALL A HOTLINE for help on the game. We blew like twenty bucks beating that game... haha. And it was hilarious. Like, "WARNING, YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED A SPACE JERK!" Okay, not quite, but still.

I played Cool Spot today. That game is surprisingly fun for being a weird 7-up commercial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 10:15 am

Le_Saboteur: Ya, its pretty much the same thing word munchers. Though I was never good with words, give me numbers and I rock.

Smile Stardust: That star trek game, I love it! Its difficult to play at first, at least i had a hard time. @_@ Total trekkie though and though it was funny. XD

Also, cool spot, wow I totally forgot that game, and I even own it! Not many people I know knows it even exists.

Jazz Jackrabbit? I need to look into this!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 2:04 pm

I love Cool Spot!!!! Although the music is likely to induce some kind of manic mental state!

Although if you really wanna go OldSchool we have several 80's arcade machines in the study!
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:05 pm

I used to play Echo on my old 3DO.
Sad It always scared meeee!!!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:14 pm

I still have my old school Nentendo, I still play it sometimes too. I love Duckhunt and Mario!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 6:00 pm

sonic for the original Sega! loved that one
and croc on the pc
spyro on the playstation, amd i used to have a load of pokemon games for this limited edition pokemon nintendo console thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oldschool Video Games <3   Oldschool Video Games <3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Oldschool Video Games <3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next