The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LIP PIERCING :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

LIP PIERCING :) Empty
PostSubject: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:46 am

After wanting it for over a year, I've finally gotten my lip pierced. I was really torn what side to get it on because I didn't want to imply anything that wasn't true (IE I'M STRAIGHT LOL) but I ended up getting it on my left side which is wierd for me because I'm a righty. I decided to go with my left side though because my bangs go to the right so then it would balance out and everything.

Anywayssss...the hoop is too big for my lip because it's the basic piercing one which is kinda annoying so I can't wait to change it out and be excited to take pictures with it. =P

Just wondering if anyone else has theirs done and how long they waited for it to heal, if they have any suggestions on taking care of it, etc? I know that the place I got it pierced at said to wait 6 weeks to change it out but...with the hoop being a bit too big for me, I'd like to change it out in eh 3? Besides that, I might need to be able to put a plastic stud in sooner because I just have finally had the oppourtunity to do it because I quit my job at a BANK LOL which if I get another job at a bank..yeah, not so professional. ANYWAYS! It's my first and probably last facial piercing lol.

Thanks!

xo~ Like a Star @ heaven
Britt
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 am

Kiki should be able to help you on this one, but I don't think 3 weeks is really quite long enough.. you're supposed to be letting the scar tissue form inside the piercing and for some reason the idea of 3 weeks just doesn't cut it for me. Then again, I changed out my tongue stud relatively soon, but I think I was just a week early on that, not waiting half the time recommended.. I'm exhausted and this was pretty pointless and a really rambling way of saying, 'Wait for Kiki.' Smile Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 am

Not rambling at all...that's very true, I'm just impatient. LOL. And I just keep thinking of people who pierced it themselves, not even truly sterile or necessarily in the right positioning, and are completely fine. So I guess that's just my dilemma....to change it out early, or not. I know there are certain things you can put on the pierced area to make it heal faster supposidly as well...
Back to top Go down
loveme4w

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:54 am

I changed my ear piercings after 7 weeks and one of the holes was bleeding like all fuck and i couldnt get my other earring back in it and it took me like half an hour to get it in and alot of pain and it made me queasy.
Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 3:56 am

PICTURES

and i can't help sowwiie
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 4:10 am

if they tell you to wait 6 weeks...erm WAIT! The piercer isnt just doing it for the good if their health.
I had mine done with a ring first and it basically ripped my lip because my lip was swollen and it was too tight. That was the only reason he changed it for me and that was after a week. And he was a professional so he's allowed. I was fine the second time though. Even tho I was swollen again and the bar was too tight...I WAITED and it was fine. I'm still here and healthy.

People who pierce themselves are idiots...whether it works or not they are.

Another 3 weeks wont kill you. You have to let it heal. People who pierce themselves will be fine because they'll still wait the right time to heal their piercing before messing about with it. So leave it. It's a few weeks...nothing.
Dont put a clear one in...dont change it. Just wait for gods sake. I dont understand why people get piercings then are willing to faff about with them and not just do what a professional has told them. It doesnt make sense to me.
And I've had in one of those rings and they arent that big...so its not that big a problem to be honest. Just wait.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 4:13 am

I don't have a huge problem with waiting. I just was wondering if there's any ways to help it heal faster or if 6 weeks sound pretty standard. I'm very rule-abiding when it comes to anything to do with my health (eating, excersizing, purity) so I probably would end up waiting anyways. The ONLY way I'd get it switched out WOULD be by the same professional who pierced it. Like I said, just trying to get as much information about taking care of it and healing it well... =)
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) EmptyMon Jul 02, 2007 4:15 am

6 weeks is the standard. It's like any piercing...you'd wait because like Hayley said...it can fuck it up.
Especially with your lip. I'd lost my holes a couple of times when I'd had it done about a year and had to put the rig through from the outside which hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIP PIERCING :)   LIP PIERCING :) Empty

Back to top Go down

LIP PIERCING :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Body Modifications-
Jump to: