The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What the....AHHH

Go down 
+3
Lindsay
PolyphonicThought
NightmaresOnWax
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 11:52 am

So, I have bad acne. This morning I decided to slather acne cream all over my cheeks to see if it would help. It didn't. Not only that, but only after 10 minutes of having it on, it made my skin EXTREMELY red! I'm pretty sure it burned my skin. I would feel better if the redness was all over, but it's only on certain parts on my face. It's like I have weird sunburn lines!
Anyone know how to heal this? I don't want a red face... Neutral
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 12:35 pm

I used to do that all the time...and I would mix too many things together too. It kind of just went away with time and felt better if I kept a washcloth with cool water on my face. Make sure you moisturize too, if you burned it bad enough your skin might get dry and peel a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 2:31 pm

It's almost gone. I guess my skin is more sensitive then I thought!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 2:33 pm

hm, if you want to keep acne away, try cetaphil. neutrogena is also gentle, but quite effective. clean and clear is really strong, and apparently biore is, too! so you should stray from them.

and also, try Pond's! they have a great face cream, and Ive always wanted to try their lil face wipes. :]]
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Mmmhmmmmmmm Cetaphil works!
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 8:59 pm

I've been using the Cetaphil face wash for about 2 weeks now and it's ok. I have horrible skin though (probably from being at pizza hut 20 hours a week) but I'm trying to stay away from sodas and that seems to help too!
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 9:27 pm

I find the only thing that can keep my face clear is the 3 step face cleaning program thingy from clinique, you should try it! They do their best to get the version that is best suited to your skin too, so they'd undoubtedly pick a delicate wash for your delicate skin =D! Worth a try right?
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 9:37 pm

Kara wrote:
I find the only thing that can keep my face clear is the 3 step face cleaning program thingy from clinique, you should try it! They do their best to get the version that is best suited to your skin too, so they'd undoubtedly pick a delicate wash for your delicate skin =D! Worth a try right?

I loooove the clinique 3 step system! the moisturizer is the only one that really makes my face happy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptyFri Jun 29, 2007 11:56 pm

^ Me, too. The moisturiser is great stuff, I love it. And it doesn't burn my super sensitive skin. Godsend.

I think it's a bit much to pay for the liquid soap stuff, though, as it's just going to be washed down the drain. I've run out of the cleansing lotion stuff, the real watery one you don't take off, and my skin is blowing up at the moment. It keeps everything so nice.
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 12:44 pm

How much is the Clinique system? I would love to try it, but I'm scared that it would be really pricey.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Make sure to drink lots of water and take calcium, Omegas and vitamin E. That helps TONS. Your skin health begins on the INSIDE. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 1:46 pm

Off topic but I like the new pic Shauna ^__^ Very pretty.

And just to stay on topic, Clinique is quite expensive. But it's worth it (my mum buys it and continues to so..)
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 1:58 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
How much is the Clinique system? I would love to try it, but I'm scared that it would be really pricey.

For the 3 step system (plus a super cool bonus gift.) I payed around 55-60$ american.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:13 pm

Sometimes they have promotions on as well where you can get little packs for like $25. Mine ran out after a month or two, so it wasn't bad.

But damn, $60 is cheap compared to the way they're ripping us off here. It was $80 for the moisturiser alone, so that's the only full size thing I'm buying.

It is good stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Gloomyjewel wrote:
Off topic but I like the new pic Shauna ^__^ Very pretty.

And just to stay on topic, Clinique is quite expensive. But it's worth it (my mum buys it and continues to so..)

Thanks.... Smile hug

And to stay on topic.....I am allergic to Clinique. And pretty much any other cleansers. I only use clear glycerine soap on my skin once in a while. Any other time I only use water.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Le_Saboteur wrote:
Sometimes they have promotions on as well where you can get little packs for like $25. Mine ran out after a month or two, so it wasn't bad.

But damn, $60 is cheap compared to the way they're ripping us off here. It was $80 for the moisturiser alone, so that's the only full size thing I'm buying.

It is good stuff though.

80$ in american currency or newzealander..currency? lol. Funny I should be talking to a Kiwi when my 3 Kiwi cousins are just in the other room.
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 3:15 pm

NZ$80. I dunno what that is in American, maybe $60- $65.

If you meant they were $60 each then I'm going to look like a total ass. Haha. Woo.
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 9:01 pm

DAAAMMMNNN! 60 bucks? I mean, I would love clear skinbut that's so much!
I maight try the whole vitaman and cetaphil thing for a while, cause I don't have that kind of money!
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 9:03 am

Clinique didnt do anything for me, but then I tried a whole bunch of sulfur based stuff and that cleared my face up for the most part. Bath and body works sells a mask for acne that I used to use. You apply it to ONLY the area where you are broken out and it dries them up within a few hours usually. Its like 40 bucks for one jar, but it lasts a pretty long time.
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:08 pm

Le_Saboteur wrote:
NZ$80. I dunno what that is in American, maybe $60- $65.

If you meant they were $60 each then I'm going to look like a total ass. Haha. Woo.

Teehee, nono, 60$ for the whole set is what I meant. No looking like an ass for yoooou.
Back to top Go down
Beckygdizzle

Beckygdizzle

Number of posts : 586
Name : Becky-Sue, babydoll =]
Registration date : 2007-04-24

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:43 pm

you can talk to your doctor, i know my friend Hansem, he takes Acutane and that heals acne pretty well
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missin_my_bambiigurl
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 5:13 pm

Im on that...its a bucket of fun...meh
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Isn't prescription quite pricey too (you have to relize, I'm talking about a 40 dolla a month pay)
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 6:32 pm

My insurance takes care of acutane...otherwise I would not be on it.
Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 6:46 pm

I'll just be reeeaaallllyyy nice to my skin for a while and feed it tons of water and maybe it'll go away. It not, I'll grow up and be the crazy zit lady who lives with millions of insects or something...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What the....AHHH Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the....AHHH   What the....AHHH Empty

Back to top Go down

What the....AHHH
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: