The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Site Makeover?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 1:07 am

Hey guys!

I was thinking... This really isn't about Xenia anymore is it?
Maybe we should change it a bit? New name, new colours, new banners and stuff?
I know we can't change the web address but that's ok.

I was also thinking... What if we (somehow) made our own little website? As in not a forum. I mean if someone as socially inept as KikiKannibal can make one, we can too Razz

We could all post ittle tutorials and about us pages on it!

what do you reckon?
Back to top Go down
poetic_s

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 am

I agreee!
And I'm currently working on a makeup website.
With tip tricks and tutorials.
If anyone is interested in seeing, let me know.
I already have a subdomain, so I'm all set.
I'm 100% with girloflowers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 1:36 am

it'd be cool man, imagine if we became like, well known Razz

show me your websiiiite >.<

oh and like, i can photoshop banners and photos of us and stuff if we need to!

I'm pretty useless for other stuff though like html
Back to top Go down

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:01 am

NO NO NO!
I mean, I don't and never did respect Xenia and all... BUT I LOVE THE COLOURS!
KEEP THE COLOUR SCHEME!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:04 am

Oh, yes, let's see your website!

Hah, I joined because of her makeup, but it was never the reason I frequented the place.
Back to top Go down

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 2:07 am

can we at least make them a teeny bit darker >.<
Back to top Go down
loveme4w

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 3:49 am

well if you think about it, its already mucho darker than the old lc Very Happy.
i went back there the other day and its like WOAH this place has FADED!
twas cool
and poetic - websiteeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 6:55 am

sorry...no colour change. it is already darker than the old forum. the colour change isn't typical "limecrime", well its the colours of the old forum but i doubt people would go *gasp!* those are limecrime colours! There was discussions about the colours on the old forum. If it was dark people would want it light, and vice versa. So it may sound mean but...I'm not budging on that one. There'd be too much hassel with who likes what so it stays. I think it suits the forum as well.

I'm happy to change the name if you guys can think of a good one that is all agreed on. I *have* already brought this up elsewhere...but...hmmm whats the big deal? So we have nothing to do with limecrime but people probably find us when looking for her...and if we cant change the site URL...why change the name? That would look stupid. Who really cares what the site name is anyway? It's not important to the forum...if the limecrime name brings people here then thats good...because if we had another name I don't think so many people would find us. And if having the name means that we could be linked to on her journal...yey. It's pretty clear as soon as you come on that that isnt about discussing how wonderful Xenia is...

And...with banners...I kinda like how the old forum didn't have all of these bright flashy banners...It's just the simple text one with "Limecrime Forum" on it...so if we got a new name, I dunno about others but just a simple text name that matches would be best...and because the forum isn't *just* makeup, or *just* diy...it makes sense. Also, GOF said about editing pictures of us with the banners...but why? We'd have to have new ones with new people joining and it would be a bit too complicated.

also...i dont wanna become well known! i mean...id like some more members of course but i've left a lot of forums in the past because they have ridiculously large numbers of members and the whole thing I love about this is the closeness of it.

hmmm and I'd happily add a tutorials section...although it's not really needed...Cortney already posted a tutorial in makeup and DIY ones can be posted in DIY.
I don't honestly see the point in having a website...I mean if we had an "about me" for people, we'd need one for every new member...which is too much and some might not want one...and as I said, tutorials and links to shops or diy pages like plats and disco can all be linked to here...everything that would be on a site can be done here...I dont see the point in a website for the forum.

It may just be me...but I dont think there are really any needed changes. I think if we go about making umpteen changes to it...it wont be the same. I understand the name, I have mentioned it before but as I said above; Limecrime URL + different name = stupid.
If it's not broke, don't fix it, you know? I don't see the need to overcomplicate things when the things you have suggested arent needed.

this should be in suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 8:22 am

well, about the colour thingy... i know some forums where you can chose between 2 or 3 different designs, so if this isn't too complicated, kiki, you could add that option so we have a light version and a dark version and everyone can have the one she/he wants.

??
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 8:23 am

I've looked and the thing doesnt have an option to add it or I would have done it before now.
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 12:38 pm

NOOOOO I definitely don't want this place to become well known! It would get over crowded and I think it's way better with less people. That way you kinda feel like you know each and every posting member at least vaguely.
If we ever have a name change, it has to be REALLY good, cus Lime Crime is a good name. Xenia isn't even Limecrime anymore so it technically isn't linking us to her THAT much. I think Limecrime fits the forum, if you think about it.
I don't think there'd be a point in having a propper website cus what would we have on it.. but a simple homepage with links to the make up photobucket and possibly member directory would be alright I suppose..

Overall I think it's better to keep things small. I've seen forums go downhill when they try to branch out.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 7:07 pm

I don't think we should change much. I agree with Kiki. ANDD. Think of all the members we had before, and what came with it?? SPAM. We haven't really had spam here, soo... : ]
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 8:58 pm

I like how it is now too, and I'm DEFINATELY for keeping it lesser known and cosy, but the website doesn't sound like a bad idea. We can have a page of linkage to all our 'associates' (hehe) and tutorials and that stuff...but yeah....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 7:03 am

but...aint that what "links" is for...and what glam/diy is for?
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 am

Yeah. but it would be cool to have it all in one place thats all laid out pretty i guess...either way I'm happy. I'm not insanely for or against it. I nothing it (heheheh scrubs that i just bought today and feel in love with all over again).
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 9:21 am

lol I love scrubs Razz
Back to top Go down
FireIce_

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 12:06 pm

Xenia just linked this forum to her website, so i'm pretty sure more people are going to find this and then . . . the stupid spambots. AARGH! I mean i have nothing against Xenia and all but . . . and since new members are now joining it would get overcrowded and all that stuff. I have to agree with Kiki and GloomyJewel. But maybe we could get a makeup tutorial sticky in Glam. Like the last LC forum had but got deleted-which is sad. And we can always post makeup tips inside Glam. I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything (please tell me if i am and tell it to me rudely if i need a wake up call. Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 1:38 pm

nah you're fine Shar. teehee you're allowed an opinion.

IMO I don't think there should be a tutorial sticky, because I think it would be better if people just posted them in posts.
If it was wanted though, I could make a tutorials section...I dont know if it would be needed because as I've said, crafts and makeup tutorials can be posted in those sections but if you guys wanted a seperate one...I'd make it.
Back to top Go down
Nova_Zer

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 3:48 pm

I hate to sound like a turd but I don't want new people joining! I like it the way
things are now and I'd only be okay with old members returning but no noobs! >.<
And we still have people signing up and not posting, that really ticks me off.
Why take the time to fill out a profile if you're not going to actual use it?!
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 4:40 pm

I know.
I got an email yesterday from a girl...I think she'd posted before but she'd made one post and I obviously deleted her when I deleted unused/inactive people. And I'm not being mean...but I just wasn't amused at the email when she hadn't posted yet was shocked and annoyed that I'd removed her. There is a post stating that people who don't post will be removed. That does sound mean...but ok I was a bit pissed that I was getting grrs over it...maybe I picked up on some attitude that wasnt intended or something.

I dont mind a couple of new people...like bryce and those girlies are kinda new...or at least I didnt know them from the old one so its not so bad. I just dont want a huge flood of noobs but a few every so often aint bad.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 4:46 pm

FireIce_Queen wrote:
Xenia just linked this forum to her website, so i'm pretty sure more people are going to find this and then . . .

I'm sorry if this sounds bitchy...but is it ok that I'm a little bit pissed that it sounds like she relaunched it?

Quote :
LimeCrime Forum is back! It's new so you might register again. Welcome back!

Seriously...is that ok of me? Ok so I remade her forum...but she didnt have anything to do with it...
Back to top Go down

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2007 6:40 pm

anjelik_dreamin wrote:
Yeah. but it would be cool to have it all in one place thats all laid out pretty i guess...either way I'm happy. I'm not insanely for or against it. I nothing it (heheheh scrubs that i just bought today and feel in love with all over again).

HOW COULD YOU EVER STOP LOVING IT!?!?

Hehehe I bought season five the other day too and I can't get my free t-shirt off! And even though it's huge I'm gonna wear it to work today when I go in to check my shifts so that I can spread the scrubs LOUUUUURVE!

Mwahahaha Ima marry JD <3
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 8:49 am

hahaha damn straight bitch! And Cox is freaking my hero. Annnd Jordans hot. randommmm.

But yea kiki, that makes it sound like its Xenia's. She should probably have mentioned it was all thanks to our awesome keeks Wink....it sorta...yeah. not cool.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 9:42 am

oh god I'd do Jordan. I adore her. My dad says I'm like Elliot...because when I get excited/annoyed I go all high pitched and squealy and whiney Razz

And yup...I am kinda annoyed but I dont wanna be like..yo beyatch. It's just annoying...
Back to top Go down

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 5:49 pm

I think you should say something Kiki.
You made this all by yourself. Sure... you used the same colours (but you used different shades!!) and it's pretty much the same as the other one. But you added new forum topics and everything! It's not hers. She doesn't have ANY association with the new forum.

It's not her right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Site Makeover? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Makeover?   Site Makeover? Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Makeover?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next