The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Licensed Aesthetician!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xandypants

xandypants

Number of posts : 42
Name : Alex
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Licensed Aesthetician! Empty
PostSubject: Licensed Aesthetician!   Licensed Aesthetician! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 am

I'm currently a full-time student at a 4-year university for my BS (well, not right now because it's summer), but I want to be a licensed aesthetician as well. I don't want to put my degree-granting education on hold, so I was wondering if any of you ladies knew if it was possible to get an aesthetician license by doing summer classes exclusively.

Edit: Recommendations of reputable beauty schools would also be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :]
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Licensed Aesthetician!   Licensed Aesthetician! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

You're going to have your hands full. The programs are based on hours, so you need x amount of hours in order to graduate, and then you need to take your states board exams in order to be officially licensed. In MI you need 600 hours(approx 10-15 months), and in Illinois you need 750, no idea about New England. I have no idea of any good esti schools in New England, but the cosmetology school I went to offered esti classes as well. So if I were you I'd start by looking for really accredited cosmetology schools and seeing if they have anything. The school I went to also offered night classes, it causes your program to be a little longer, but it may benefit you to find something like that while going to school.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Licensed Aesthetician!   Licensed Aesthetician! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:27 pm

My school didnt offer night classes...it was basically a bloody full time job. Based on hrs, needed 700 to graduate plus state board exams like Jamie said. 8 am to 4 pm 5 days a week. Did my training in 6 months, varies for most schools. My school had a 10 month long cosmo course that was brutal....

If you can find a school with night classes, go for it. However...it is a LOT of hard work, and there's a lot to learn. Won't be easy. If you're passionate though, give it a shot...
Back to top Go down
xandypants

xandypants

Number of posts : 42
Name : Alex
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Licensed Aesthetician!   Licensed Aesthetician! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:50 pm

Well originally I wanted to forgo college altogether and just go to cosmetology school but my mother used her indisputable logic to talk me out of it. It's definitely something I've wanted consistently for the past several years but I suppose I still have some thinking to do. The more information I get, the better :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Licensed Aesthetician!   Licensed Aesthetician! Empty

Back to top Go down

Licensed Aesthetician!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: