The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

You Guiz.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
girloflowers

girloflowers

Number of posts : 1510
Name : Lily
Registration date : 2008-11-05

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:38 am

I have NOTHING TO WEAR TO SCHOOL

for real. we need to wear neutral colours (black, white, beige, cream etc) so that they don't reflect off the mirrors and ruin the skin colour of the 'talent' we're working on.
it's also best if they're quite loose around the armpits for sweatiness reasons, and ditto natural fibres.
Ooh and they shouldn't be too low cut. gotta keep it classy!
I'm quite on the poor side of things at the moment what with being unemployed but i could really use some suggestions on tops or dreses Sad
my wardrobe sucks for day to day wear.

woe!
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:02 am

If I were you i'd just get all black.
In my old salon we had to wear all black, and it almost always looks good. Maybe go out and buy 1 pair of good tailored trousers, 1 skirt, and then lots of black vests and i also like longsleeve black v-neck cardies. Just a small capsule wardrobe that you can wear to death until you have more money. and if black fades? get a machine clothes dye and shove them all in and it freshens them up beautifully.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:15 pm

All black. You definitely get taken more seriously as a make up artist in all black (it's not just the MAC thing!). You blend in easier with black/grey clothes, and it's less like OMGAW LOOK AT ME. I probably wouldn't go for cream, that shit will get dirty quick. Beige is a bit better, and I wish I had thought of that while at school... oh well, NZers wear way too much black :3

I got most of my stuff for school (goddamn, this is like two years ago now) from Cotton On and Valleygirl. $20-30 a piece and lasted for about six months to a year of CONSTANT wear.

I had: knee length pencil skirt, tight-ish black jeans, black trousers, 2 shirts (one black one white), t-shirts in black/grey, black vest, black and grey striped vest, a black cardigan and a few black cowl neck things. The vest and stuff were good 'cause I could wear what I was wearing on a Monday, then put a vest over it on Tuesday and it wouldn't look like the same outfit, eheh.

Grey is really good too, and hides other colours (especially powder, that shit gets errywhurr) well.

I think I spent maybe $200 on all that stuff over the course of six months, and for the first few weeks I just wore the pencil skirt and a shirt, and that cost only $40 for both. The Aussie heat will probably nil everything I suggested, but lol~

GOOD LUCK LIL. Especially with finding natural fibers for cheap, yikes. Luckily for me I was living in a colder climate at the time and didn't have to worry about that >.<

Oh! Also, a good simple black dress that you can belt or wear a vest or something with is always good. A dress is such a good investment <3 Especially sleeveless! That would probably be a good first buy.

ONE MORE THING. A big trend here at the moment is bat winged tops, they'd be good for if you didn't wanna wear sleeveless, but didn't want something tight :3 They also look awesome.

tl;dr buy black
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:17 pm

ahehehe

i shall go and buy a bit of black, and lots fo dark grey.

I love grey >.<

and yeah i thought bat winged tops would work well Smile
i really want to wear sleeves cos i don't want evryone to have to look at mah armpiiits Razz
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Yes, grey is so win. It hides EVERYTHING.
Back to top Go down
girloflowers

girloflowers

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:17 am

My mummy dearest bouhgt me a bunch of really loose flowy cotton batwing tops today Very Happy

they're super cool too, one has a big lace panel in the front and one has stripes. one's a plain black v neck, and then another the same in grey Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You Guiz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Guiz.   You Guiz. Empty

Back to top Go down

You Guiz.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Fashion Gossip :: Advice & Questions-
Jump to: