The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting measured for a bra

Go down 
+6
gill
abercrombie
kaylalane
PolyphonicThought
Jayme
witch_lilly
10 posters
AuthorMessage
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Getting measured for a bra Empty
PostSubject: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 3:41 pm

I have no idea whether this is under the right section but I felt I had to share this with you guys.

Last week I went to La Senza to finally get myself measured for a bra. My size that i've always been wearing (32C) wasn't fitting properly. I go in and find out.....I'm a 30DD!! Woot. I bought one right away and seriously girls, it makes a HUGE difference having a bra that fits you properly. I could feel the difference straight away with the support and and having a bra that fits made my boobs look awesome. The girl that measured me was totally professional and it was a kick ass experience.

Basically I'm doing this post to advise everyone to get themselves measured professionally if they haven't already and to ask out of all the girls on this site who actually has been measured?

(And I maybe wanted to brag just a teeny bit Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Yeah... I should measure... but I'm scurred too! :C
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:14 pm

I measure myself and I'm a 32 J. Can't afford a bra right now because the ones in my size are too expensive. So I'm stuck in my 34 G.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

fuck me...
I'm wearing 36 D's, but I feel way uncomfy in them.
idk.
I need to start buying better bras, but sweet jesus, why are they so expensive?! : (
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 8:49 pm

I've never been measured, but measurements I've done myself say I'm a 34B, but I usually wear a 34A and there's still some gappage :/
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 am

I know it's expensive (esp for the bigger girls) but it makes such a big difference rather than trying to stuff them into cups too small Sad Consider it an investment.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Jayme

Jayme

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Truth.
I do understand that, but it's just so hard for me to want to spend money like that.
Back to top Go down
abercrombie

abercrombie

Number of posts : 1650
Name : Ava
Registration date : 2007-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:55 pm

kaylalane wrote:
I've never been measured, but measurements I've done myself say I'm a 34B, but I usually wear a 34A and there's still some gappage :/

Ergh I have a similar problem.
When I've tried to measure myself my back is a 34 and the cup is apparently so small it's non existent on the scale!
In reality I'm comfortable in a 32C (I haven't been measured but it seems to fit really well, the back isnt pulling up or anything) so I wouldn't go by the book.
Have you tried going down a back size and up a cup size or two? It might help with the gappage issues..?
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 10:42 pm

abercrombie wrote:
kaylalane wrote:

Ergh I have a similar problem.
When I've tried to measure myself my back is a 34 and the cup is apparently so small it's non existent on the scale!
In reality I'm comfortable in a 32C (I haven't been measured but it seems to fit really well, the back isnt pulling up or anything) so I wouldn't go by the book.
Have you tried going down a back size and up a cup size or two? It might help with the gappage issues..?

Yeah, I've tried 32Bs and whatnot, but it hasn't really worked. Maybe I should see about AA's.. but urg those are for little kid boobs! Haha
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 am

Haha Ruth!
You'd be surprised how many folk wear the completely wrong size!
I used to work for La Senza, I have a knack of guessing someones bra size first try..I've measured all my friends just by looking at them and they go get fitted and I'm right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:47 pm

I got fitted once when I was 16, I think I was a 16DD then, but I've since lost a lot of weight (probably about 35kg or so)... A 12D seems to fit about 70% of the time, sometimes I'm a 14D or 12DD. It changes with every brand >=[ I should really go get fitted again.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

gill, do they do measurements at le senza?
i'm curious to know what my boobs are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:28 am

I really should go get measured, but it would have to be a cotton bra, which is hard to find. When I measure myself I'm a 34 DD, and it's so hard to find a cotton bra with support. Could I order one in cotton or something? confused2
Back to top Go down
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Yes, they do Alexa, and they're usually very good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 6:20 pm

alright, great!
i'll do that on saturday and let you know how it does. Smile
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:42 am

THIS IS HOW YOU PROPERLY MEASURE YOURSELF FOR A BRA:

put on a bra. measure RIGHT UNDERNEATH the bra at your ribcage. if its an odd number, then add one to it (generally band sizes are even). this is your band size.

measure the FULLEST PART of your breasts. take that number, and subtract your band size from it. the number you get will tell you your bra size.

1=A 2=B 3=C 4=D 5=DD or E 6= DDD or F 7=G 8=H 9=I 10=J (and so on and so forth)

my band size is 31 (this is without rounding the band size), and the fullest part of my chest is 42 inches. 42 - 31 = 11, so my cup size is K.

reason I didn't round the band size before subtracting is because my bra has been squishing my boobies (its too small) so I figure I can get some more leeway with a K. Smile
Back to top Go down
Larlelar

Larlelar

Number of posts : 878
Name : Alanna
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:21 am

Ugh, I've been meaning to measure for SO long...
but I'm scurred 'cos I think my boobs got small...
I've been a C-D most of my life,
and now that I lost all sorts of weight,
I'm sure I'm a B (and scurred of bein' an A, maybe),
and for some reason that pisses me off?
Like, I don't want to be told that my titties are smaller,
even though I KNOW they are because I'm half my old size!
BAawwww!!

Hahaha.
I'll suck it up and get measured soon,
as I don't like the way ANY of my bras fit.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:36 pm

As soon as you put on a bra that fits, it'll be worth it. I was in hysterics when I measured myself...like, "OH GOD WHY ME WHY ME"
Back to top Go down
pickle

pickle

Number of posts : 368
Name : Ellie
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Larlelar wrote:
Ugh, I've been meaning to measure for SO long...
but I'm scurred 'cos I think my boobs got small...
I've been a C-D most of my life,
and now that I lost all sorts of weight,
I'm sure I'm a B (and scurred of bein' an A, maybe),
and for some reason that pisses me off?
Like, I don't want to be told that my titties are smaller,
even though I KNOW they are because I'm half my old size!
BAawwww!!
That's a bit like why I get annoyed about it, because if I was measured and told I was a AA cup rather than an A it would feel terrible, even if I'm feeling okay with the size I am! And if I try on a B cup and it happens to fit me, I'm like "heyyyy" even though my breasts are just the same size. I'm silly. Maybe I should get measured though, I don't know if my bras fit right really.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Alexa Nightmare. wrote:
alright, great!
i'll do that on saturday and let you know how it does. Smile
i forgot i posted this.
but anyway, i got measured after and i'm a 34C, which is what i have been wearing since janurary, so we're good! :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting measured for a bra   Getting measured for a bra Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting measured for a bra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Fashion Gossip :: Advice & Questions-
Jump to: