The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warning: Protopic is evil!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Warning: Protopic is evil! Empty
PostSubject: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:15 am

Ok, I don't know if this applies to any of your or ever will...but if a dermatologist ever tries to give you protopic for any skin issues like dermatitis...SAY NO! This stuff has the worst side effects ever, and its just not worth it to use at all. It's a topical ointment that you use only during outbreaks on the specific area...however, not only will your skin burn when eating anything spicy or consuming alcohol, but it will give you a cold. I'm not kidding. It's not an actual cold that you need to go to a doctor for or that any cold medicine can help with, its basically a cold mimic that SUCKS and you have to wait out. I've been using this stuff for two years, and have just recently made the connection between that and every "cold" I've had since I started using it. I decided to give it one more try the other day when my skin flared up...and sure enough I now can't breathe through my nose and my throat feels like a swallowed a razor. Research has shown me that a fair amount of other people also experience this side effect. So lesson learned for me, and I will always pay more attention to that little side effects packet that comes with a prescription instead of throwing it away...and for all of you, should you ever be prescribed this for any reason you may want to ask for an alternitive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm

What! That sucks! I'll keep that in mind, thanks Mandy. Are you going to have your derm up about it or just going to give up?
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 am

I went to the derm, and actually apple cider vinegar is apparently the answer to everything ever. Seriously, use some on your skin one day and watch it instantaneously become more ...everything you want it to be? It's the ONLY thing that is working on my dermatitis. Weird!
Back to top Go down
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:28 am

I think I'll be getting some apple cider vinegar then! It seems to work for a lot of people on acne/bacne too, which I do have a bit of (although these clearasil wipe things seem to keep it at bay for me) so yeah
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
pickle

pickle

Number of posts : 368
Name : Ellie
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Oo I've never heard of using cider vinegar, but I'm giving that a try. I've considered trying to talk to a dermatologist about my skin because it seems like nothing helps!
Back to top Go down
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Yeah, I'm using it for everything now...it seriously like makes everything you don't want vanish. I wonder how it works?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 pm

Wow, really? I hate the smell of cider vinegar (no idea why), but damn if that's not nifty to know. I'll have to try that when my skin flares up next month!

I like using a baking soda mask when my acne is really bad...I kept getting whiteheads on my nose during my period, so after I popped them, I put baking soda paste on my nose and other oily spots, and bam! No more whiteheads Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning: Protopic is evil!   Warning: Protopic is evil! Empty

Back to top Go down

Warning: Protopic is evil!
Page 1 of 1