The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist Empty
PostSubject: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:42 am

You read right...LIFETIME [I can't believe it either] has a new show that will debut on Nov. 11th dedicated to finding the next "great" makeup artist. The preview was great - there's a lot of talented people. Makes me want to rev up and figure out where I can find a makeup school and start learning...but anyways.

The winner gets $100,000 and a shot to do makeup for In Style magazine [YAWN. Why not Elle or something?].

Well, at least Lifetime realizes that they need some new shit to get viewers. I guess the ball got rolling once they got fuckin Project Runway [EW to the Marie Claire sponsor].

On another note, its hard to get taken seriously once you've been on a reality show. Do you think that as long as they display genuine-ness and REAL talent, they could get a real fan base of celebs and the like? One of them could possibly be the next Paul Starr...

Thoughts? Will you watch it?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 3:00 pm

I'll watch it if I can find a place to download it from. For any one interested, there's short profiles of the artists here . Was it this show that there were rumours going around about only being able to use Max Factor make up? I can't quite remember.

I remember news of the casting call a while ago, it's sad that they (the producers) couldn't at least help them out in terms of accomodation and travel, very few make up artists actually have a steady enough income to get in on something like this. I'm worried that it's the people who already have the 'rich and famous' fan base who will be getting the exposure.

Still. It will be good to see what these people come out with! I hope it really blows us away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 3:21 pm

i looking forward to seeing the pretty makeup, but I think it's going to encourage too many young people who had never even thought about doing makeup before to start getting lessons, and thus clog the market.
I'm such a downer ahha
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Industry's flooded anyway (well, in some places, not here Razz), and if it inspires a few people who will get really passionate about it and take it far, I think it's a good thing.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 10:26 pm

That is something that will irritate me - everyone here knows that I'm actually passionate about it, and now everyone will want to be a either a makeup artist, a top designer, or Paris' BFF. Its irritating as hell, especially since I can't even get my own foot in the door where I'm located.

However, for the loony ass beauty bloggers and the "average, every day woman" [or man, who knows] - well, they'll learn some tips and tricks to enhance their every day makeup [that's what I'm looking forward to!]. This show could even help some meek ladies learn how to do makeup, which would be great! Sadly, I'm sure that the drama and bullshit will end up overshadowing all the talent.

And yeh, its sponsored by Max Factor [LAME LAME LAME LAME]. Good god, Maybelline would be better. Even something like, Lola or Lorac, or uhm, Sugar. Jesus!

EDIT:: Ew, so I was reading the comments on the link Kendra posted, and good god, its foul. A majority of them say, "I'M A MAKEUP ARTIST CAST ME ON SEASON 2 PLZ." One girl's avatar thing is of her posing all trampy saying that though! Sorry chica, I wouldn't want you touching my face. -.-;;
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:03 pm

Yeah, posting comments like 'HAI CAN I PLZ BE ON S2' is really gonna get you hired. How professional. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm

Its soooo creepy. I keep thinking some of them are wrinkly and gross with tattooed eyeliner and shit. *shudder*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist   Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist Empty

Back to top Go down

Blush: The Search For The Next Great Makeup Artist
Page 1 of 1