The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spray-In Hair Dye

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pedestrian

pedestrian

Number of posts : 113
Name : Rachel
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:59 pm

so... i wasn't sure whether to put this under makeup & beauty, hair, or here.. but here goes!

for halloween, my roomie wants to use spray-in hair dye to get her hair to a dark brown. she just wants it to be overnight, nothing permanent. she isn't too worried about it turning her hair hard, because she will have it in a severe bun anyways. BUT she has naturally very very light blonde hair and is worried that the color won't come out all the way in the shower. any experience with this? any recommended brands or ones to avoid? has anyone not been able to remove the color? and if it does stay in, what should we do to get it out?
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1569390335&

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

a mate of mine has naturally light blonde hair as well, and sprayed assloads of pink in and it stained

so e washed it like 60 times with dishwashing liquid and all was well after a moisturising mask and some leave in conditioner!
Back to top Go down
pedestrian

pedestrian

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:31 pm

ack! scary!

my roomie would die if that happened to her. style-wise, shes pretty conservative, (not big on makeup, etc) and if her blonde hair was ruined, she would be pretty upset. i mentioned the dishwashing liquid to her and she said she didnt want to have to ruin her hair (its never been bleached or dyed, so it is in good condition) for one night of brown hair
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:43 pm

She COULD get a wig. But I used green in my hair once, and let it stay for a day or two, and I had very light staining. You couldn't notice though, because my hair is black.

Tell her to do a HIDDEN strand test, mark it with a bobby pin [so she can find it later], and go on about the day. Then wash it off, and see if it stains. If not, yay! If it does...wig it out.
Back to top Go down
pedestrian

pedestrian

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:45 pm

haha i can't believe neither one of us thought of a strand test!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 pm

hee, you aren't the only one that's been in too much of a panic to see the obvious. you should see me on a regular day! my life = eternal crisis.

she can try just about any brand in hot topic, really. thier temporary stuff - blue and red - washed out great for me. I used a creme formula though, in a box. I think it'll be alright though. tell her to moisturize her hair lots afterwards. :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spray-In Hair Dye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spray-In Hair Dye   Spray-In Hair Dye Empty

Back to top Go down

Spray-In Hair Dye
Page 1 of 1