The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Always Infinity Pads:

Go down 
+6
Kirsty
TOONRULESOK
Le_Saboteur
pinkhaired
GinaELIZABETH
PolyphonicThought
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Always Infinity Pads: Empty
PostSubject: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Seeing as this is a girls forum anyways, I might as well talk about "girl stuff!" Boys beware! TMI ahead!

Always pads were the first ones I ever used. Quite honestly, I never liked the brand, because their pads have plastic-like covers that chaff like hell. I always felt like I was wearing a diaper, and it was gross. Because of the plastic-y covers, they didn't absorb well, either - so they weren't for every day wear [like, if you laughed a little too hard, or moved just a bit too quickly, the pad wouldn't catch what happened as a result]. I ended up switching to Kotex and Stayfree, because they were comfortable and not diaper-like!

But recently, I got a sample of Always's new pad, Infinity. Here's what the box says:

- absorbs 10x its weight, yet feels amazingly light
- incredibly soft cover
- revolutionary wing design for secure protection
- microdots for fast absorption
- designed to be wider in the back
- form fitting channels for great leakage protection

I gotta say, its a great pad. I wore the sample to school, and it held up pretty well, which surprised me. I also recieved a coupon for a free package of pads, so I decided to buy them today. I'm really impressed!

First off, the pad really is soft, and guess what? No plastic cover! Which means no raw num nums for Puff [thank God]. I had NO leaks, which is a first for me. It felt really light, despite how long I had the pad on [5 hours]. The wider back is REALLY helpful, and the "microdots" absorbed quickly, too. The new wing design made me feel a little more secure as well. This thing was so light, I actually forgot that I was wearing it - which prompted me to change it!

Although I still love Kotex and Stayfree pads, I actually really like these, and I'd rebuy them once I run out. The 18 count package - the one my coupon allowed me to get - costs $5, but larger counts are around $9. I'm sure you can get them for cheap, though [those are Walgreen's prices].

What are your favourite brands to use? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

I've always been an Always girl. Or Stayfree, depends what's on sale when my mommy goes. I should look into these Infinity pads. Nice name for a pad. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 11:40 pm

My favourite is Kotex - I love their packaging, haha. I like Stayfree's pads though, because they have that powdery scent! Makes me feel clean. Razz

Infinity really is a bitchin name! I love the packaging for these, as well - instead of plasic packaging, they're in a small box, which is a lot more convenient for me. The reason why I ended up buying these is because when I wore the sample, it was the first day of my period - and my first 2-3 days are the worst. Really heavy [and painful!]. The fact that it held up for an 8 hour school day really surprised me, and since I had a coupon for a free box, I had to get them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 pm

If you guys don't mind me asking...and if so just ignore me...
Anyway, why do you use pads instead of tampons?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:18 pm

I use both. My flow is too heavy for tampons [even supers] the first 2-3 days of my period, but after the "heaviness" goes away, I switch to tampons.
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:41 pm

Oh yeah, I understand that! Mine was like that too until I started taking birth control.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Mhm! I've tried sleeping in tampons, and that worked well if I was using the right size, but I wish they made tampons that were right between regular and heavy - then that would be way perfect for my "normal" days. Otherwise I sleep in pads and I'll wear tampons and a pantiliner on the "normal" days.
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 pm

I'm scared of tampons. I mean, I use 'em, but only if I need to. Or if I know I'm like, going into the city and won't be able to use a bathroom very often or something... I don't know... I'm just not a big fan of 'em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm not a fan 'cause me mum used one and got Toxic Shock Syndrome and was in the hospital for 3 months Sad I only use them if I absolutely HAVE to. No way would I sleep with one in... *shivers*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 11:30 pm

what IS TSS?
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 2:56 pm

GinaELIZABETH wrote:
I'm scared of tampons. I mean, I use 'em, but only if I need to. Or if I know I'm like, going into the city and won't be able to use a bathroom very often or something... I don't know... I'm just not a big fan of 'em.

same here. i mean. i do now and again, and i am happy too, but i prefer not to tbh.

annnd i have always used always. ahahahaha. anyway. yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:40 pm

First time I tried using tampons, it split and freaked me out. So although I'd so much rather use them, I'm a bit chicken.

In any case, with the pill I have so little flow that I would be too scared to use a tampon in case of there not being enough for it to absorb and me getting ill.

I wonder if we'll get these pads here. I barely need more than a liner but for the one day I am heavier, it might be worth a go.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 2:36 am

OMG. The first time i had to use a tampon was a couple of years back when we went to the beach. It literally took me like, 15 or 20 minutes to get the thing in. Jade and Chandra and Jason were outside waiting and jade's like trying to coach me...that was fun.

and omg kendra, your mum got TTS??!!

(It's toxic shock syndrome btw lily, I think it's bacteria or something? I don't know much about it, wiki it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 11:11 am

oh also, i saw that episode of nip/tuck where the 12 year old daughter is scared of starting her period or something so she uses a tampon and ends up ill with toxic shock.

*shudder*

i have the really small ones im considering trying again. i think i got hyped up before and freaked out and it was when i went to take it out a wee while later cos it didnt feel right that it split. eep.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 11:24 am

Wow, I can't believe how many people use pads. Not that its a bad thing or anything of course, its just that me and all of my friends have sworn off pads since 7th grade. I really don't like them.

Sometimes I'll wear a pantyliner overnight if the flows really light and I don't feel like using a tampon, but anything thicker I feel like I have a huge bulge showing through my pants, haha. To each her own, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 2:37 pm

keeks, you should try a tampon with a super light absorbency...they make some that are pretty small!

and kay, I prefer tampons as well. but my flow is so heavy, I go through them like hot cakes ;-;
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:38 pm

I have always used Incognito, the lime green package with the little island symbol, or sometimes the turquoise package, when it's really heavy I go for the turquoise.

I always end up wearing a tampon and a pad, thats my strategy cos i dont like to change at school. first 2 days maybe 3, the tampon has got to be in there and the pad has to be there too. i get paranoid. but by the time I get home, both are full but not too much so its perrfeccctttt.

I love incognito because the pads are SO THIN!
and I use o.b. tampons, cos they are so small that I'm no scared to use the absorbency I need! I used to use Tampax Pearl, but when I looked at the super size I was like, NO THANKS
they're huge

I wear only pads when i go to bed I would never sleep in a tampon, too scary
and unlike some of you, I prefer a pad when my flow gets lighter because I'm scared I won't be able to get the tampon out if its too dry!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Wow, the the Tampax Pearl supers look TINY to me, but thats cos I like Kotex tampons- they never overflow for me. I prefer the packaging over Pearl tampons as well. If your tampon AND your pad are full after school, maybe you should try a higher absorbency? This way you can just wear pantiliners with a high absorbency if you're still nervous.

Speaking of pantiliners...they are my god. Sometimes I have a little leaky here and there if I drink too much tea/soda or laugh too hard...they have saved me on many a day. I need to stock up!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:14 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
If your tampon AND your pad are full after school, maybe you should try a higher absorbency? This way you can just wear pantiliners with a high absorbency if you're still nervous.

thats the thing, I JUST got the super ones so I have yet to try them! I hope they work nicely, if not i'll try the super plus.
its weird cos Im like SUPER HEAVY for the first 2-3 days and then poof.
gone.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:19 pm

so am I, but every time I think my period is over, it pops back! like, last friday it stopped, then during all state, it started again - and I had no back-up! luckily it didn't go through my pants [it was enough for a lite tampon or a super pantiliner]. I totally hate that!
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 5:25 pm

thats the worst =(
Back to top Go down
justme

justme

Number of posts : 995
Name : veronica
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 pm

ninibaby wrote:
I have always used Incognito, the lime green package with the little island symbol, or sometimes the turquoise package, when it's really heavy I go for the turquoise.

I always end up wearing a tampon and a pad, thats my strategy cos i dont like to change at school. first 2 days maybe 3, the tampon has got to be in there and the pad has to be there too. i get paranoid. but by the time I get home, both are full but not too much so its perrfeccctttt.

I love incognito because the pads are SO THIN!
and I use o.b. tampons, cos they are so small that I'm no scared to use the absorbency I need! I used to use Tampax Pearl, but when I looked at the super size I was like, NO THANKS
they're huge

I wear only pads when i go to bed I would never sleep in a tampon, too scary
and unlike some of you, I prefer a pad when my flow gets lighter because I'm scared I won't be able to get the tampon out if its too dry!!

i use o.b. too
theyre less wasteful too
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 7:55 pm

And they fit in your pocket better when you don't want to be all obvious and take your whole bag to the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 pm

yah but Tampax has those tiny tampons that you can use, too...I was an idiot and left them in my backpack. goddamn me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always Infinity Pads:   Always Infinity Pads: Empty

Back to top Go down

Always Infinity Pads:
Page 1 of 1