The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass Empty
PostSubject: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptySat May 12, 2007 12:00 pm

For my 18th birthday in two weeks I'm having a "Mad Hatter's Tea Party".

It's not a huge meal or big party, just a gathering of friends before we go out for the night..

So anyway, i want all the food, drink and decorations to be Alice themed and was wondering if any of you girlies had ideas?

so far I'm making loads and loads of wee fairy cakes with "Eat Me" written on them, we're drinking champagne from tea cups and mushroom shaped sweeties..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptySat May 12, 2007 12:42 pm

Ooh that's what I want to do for my 16th/18th! I was talking about it with my friends yesterday.
Hmm.. Strawberry tarts (for the queen of hearts)? I can't think of anything else, someone else'll have somethin though.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptySat May 12, 2007 12:59 pm

oooh get a caterpiller cake like the dude she meets Razz

I googled (because it always helps, no matter how ridiculous)

Quote :
The food never becomes a real meal because it is broken into several snacks. (Roncada 6) Food categories are separated into liquid and solid (which share the same result: grow shrink), raw and cooked, and sweet and salty. A fine example of this is during Alice’s first size change in the hall. When Alice drinks the liquid marked appropriately “drink me” she states, “ It had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavor of cherry-tart, custard, pine-apple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast.” This part entwines a number of distinct patterns contradicting each other. First off, the liquid assumes the flavor of solid food. Sweet (cherry-tart, custard, pineapple, toffee) and salty (roast turkey and hot buttered toast) stay together. Inside the “sweet” category there are other contradictory patterns: toffee is solid and custard is non solid; cherry-tart, custard, roast turkey, and toffee are all cooked (or mixed) while pineapple is raw and natural. And finally, the tastes have been organized according to different culinary techniques: custard, toffee, and cherry tart are all made with low heat and turkey and toast are made with high heat. Roasted Turkey, hot buttered toast, and custard are all served hot while toffee and cherry-tart are served cold.

From an essay bit about the use of food. I dont know if it will help tho Razz

If you could get a couple of those mini bottles of champagne, re-label with with drink me.
Just stuff like cute cakes maybe. I'm feeling unimaginative.

Oh! you could buy some of those tubes of writing icing and decorate some plain rectangle bisuits with like hearts and clubs and playing card suits like tha card soldiers! lol maybe a bit time consuming but still Razz

Heart shaped sandwiches. or other suit shapes if you can get them. Or cookies shaped like the suits.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptySat May 12, 2007 2:22 pm

ooh thankee! im liking the card biscuits and the heart shaped sandwiches *runs off to hunt for a heart-shaped cutter*
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
Nova_Zer

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptySat May 12, 2007 5:16 pm

aww what a cute idea! Sorry I can't think of any ideas to contribute but it seems like Kiki's covered a lot of it. ^.~
Definitely post pics!!!
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 5:25 pm

I know this doesn't help, but I think that this set is so cute!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10002&storeId=10051&productId=1196318&langId=-1&categoryId=13498&isFromSearch=true[/url]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass   Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass Empty

Back to top Go down

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass
Page 1 of 1