The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help me name my business?

Go down 
+3
kaylalane
PolyphonicThought
shadowsforsale
7 posters

Name that business!
Castle Asylum Pillows and Sleepwear
Help me name my business? Vote_lcap17%Help me name my business? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Sleepless Damsel Creations
Help me name my business? Vote_lcap56%Help me name my business? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Crescent Moon Designs
Help me name my business? Vote_lcap17%Help me name my business? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Midnight Sun
Help me name my business? Vote_lcap10%Help me name my business? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Help me name my business? Empty
PostSubject: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Hey girls, I've got some name choices for my sewing business, but thing is, I can't pick! Help a girl out?

Edit: Guys, could you tell me why you like the name you chose? It would be a massive help!

1- Castle Asylum, Pillows and Sleepwear
This one was thanks to Shauna, who helped with the name. Smile

2- Sleepless Damsel Creations
Sleeplessdamsel has been my email for years; my ex came up with it because he thought it was funny that I'm an insomniac and a girl, and it's a joke. This one is a little less restrictive in that 'creations' can be anything. Yay!

3- Crescent Moon Designs
My favorite moon phase. Smile

4- Midnight Sun
Props to Jerry on this name. I find it funny that he came up with this on a whim, but if/when I go to this business full-time, I'll be pretty nocturnal and the moon will be my sun. Teehee?

Last edited by shadowsforsale on Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : request)
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 9:18 pm

okay, sooo you already know which one I picked, though I still think the one Beau came up with is pretty cool. Razz
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 pm

I picked Midnight Sun. I'm not sure why, I guess I just like how it represents the lady behind the name.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:35 am

well...I'm not a fan of the first one. It's cool, but I think it's restrictive on the sleepwear thing, but I also think it doesn't work on it's own as much. I kinda don't think it suits you. Sounds a bit too dark.

I do like number 2 a lot. I think it fits you and sounds quite cool. I feel the same about Midnight Sun but I think I like 2 a bit better. Midnight Sun Designs or something still sounds good (not sure about MS on its own tho).

3 is nice too but not as personal/about you as the others are.

So I voted 2...but I like 4 about as much.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 am

I found 1 too long, 3 is ok but nothing special, for 4 I agree with Kiki, sounds a bit odd just on it's own. I really like number 2.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks, girls, the reasonings really help!
Back to top Go down
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:29 am

I like the second, it seems more 'you' and more unique than number 4 which I also like.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 am

I reeeealllly love 2 as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Although I really liked the first one, I didn't chose it, because of the restriction and it was a bit long.

Number 2 I really like, but for being an isomniac myself ... I wouldn't buy sleep wear from it, cause I'm superstituous ... But that's probably my silly self! Although if you'd make other things aswell it will seem that you're so into it that you can't sleep ...

... I'm a bit ashamed to admit this ... But as a Twilight series fangirl I love number 3 and 4 cause it reminds me of the series ... If you choose number 4 you'll probably have many hits from fans of the series aswell thinking that that's the fifth book online or something like that Razz So you'll have many visitors Razz

I eventually voted number 3 just cause I liked how it sounded and cause of my superstisiousness of number 2 ( I know very very silly) ... even though all of the suggestions were very good.

This was long Razz
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 4:41 pm

Nath, I probably won't limit myself to just sleepwear, I'd go nuts after a while. I can understand the reasoning, though! Thanks for all the input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me name my business?   Help me name my business? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me name my business?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Odds & Ends :: Polls-
Jump to: