The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toni&Guy interview

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:01 am

so none of my friends know about this or anything.
i want to keep it quiet.

but next thursday i have an interview at Toni&Guy to be a trainee stylist. which would mean dropping out of college. which all my friends think is a fail thing to do. hence them not knowing.

annnd i don't think i'm gonna get the job, but i still want to make a good impression soo...

How should i style my hair for it? It's currently all brown (i figured faded pink would look shoddy at the interview) and layered and shoulderlength (check me out in the photo thread to see).

I was thinking a pomp? or tease it all? so it looks kinda casual but shows some skill?

also, make=up and clothes help would be ace if you could =) i want to look trendy and not too smart, but casual enough to look fashionable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't know what you should do with your hair, but I have some interview tips if your'e interested.......
I've dealt with alot of co-op students, which is kinda like an apprentice...anyway.....
Personally, I would much rather have a co-op who maybe does not have so much experience, but will ask lots of questions and is just genuinley interested in the feild. We have far too many co-ops who don't ask questions, and end up screwing things up and just causing us even more work. So I think if you just give the impression that you're earer to learn and really interested, I actually think you'll do really well.

Sorry if you didn't want/need any advice...
Back to top Go down

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

just make sure your hair is clean and glossy (maybe use a leave in conditioner) a french braid or something could work. go for neat, not crazy impressive, but make sure it looks in good condition
Back to top Go down

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 am

I wouldn't wear a lot of make-up, maybe just foundation, a little blush, mascara and eyeliner maybe a little neutral shadow.

I think wear your hair down and dead straight but I agree with Lil making sure it looks in good condtion.

And for your interview, maybe you could wear like smart trousers, with like a t-shirt and waistcoat? Because that way you look smart but stil casual you know?
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 5:20 pm

idk if your hair is long enough but you could try that messy pony/bun with a plait/braid down one side. whole nicole ritchie hot-fashionable for summer thing. it'd look casual but show you know something about hair.

i agree with keeping makeup simple.

also - think about what people in the salon wear and smarten it up a bit. maybe like high waisted trousers or a pencil skirt with a cool tshirt or something.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 1:25 pm

ohhh kay thank you! i'll take all that into consideration!!

and jessie, that#s loads of help, any tips is great!!
Back to top Go down

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 3:04 pm

Oooh congrats firstly!!

Second of all, I think just down and pretty. You don't need to have an elaborate hair style because you are applying for a traineeship after all!

I reckon pretty, subtle makeup, maybe a light pinky shadow.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Congrats and good luck! I'm not sure about hair (for interviews I generally wear mine pinned back), but makeup should stay fairly neutral, but maybe do a winged black eyeliner. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:14 am

yehh, okay.
me and my sister were talking (the parentals are away you see) and we reckon a pomp and like a bun with a big flower in? and then all black clothes? perhaps?

but thank youu =)
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:20 pm

I reckon that would look great Hana.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Sponsored content

Toni&Guy interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toni&Guy interview   Toni&Guy interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Toni&Guy interview
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Hair-
Jump to: