The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ben Nye FTW!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:12 pm

Because Lily asked me to!

Sorry, this is going to be wicked long :]

Ahkay, so, I got the 12 color Ben Nye Lumiere palette and it's godly. The colors are [I'm too lazy to right now, but I'll do swatches and stuff in a little while]:

Ice: Shimmery white. You could use a tiiiny bit of hit for a highlight or for your inner corners, or you could use a ton and make it supah bright.

Iced Gold: Champagne-ish gold. I'm not actually really feeling this one. It looks SO FREAKING GORGEOUS in the pan but I have a hard time getting it to apply smoothly. I might try applying it wet to see if that looks better.

Aztec Gold: Gold with almost an orange tint to it. Uhh... yeah haha. I haven't used it a ton yet, but I like it so far.

Tangerine: I really like this one :] I guess in comparison to the other colors it's not as intense, but it still shows up on skin exactly the way it looks in the pan. I like orange as an eyeshadow color, but a lot of really true oranges look too dark to use on the entire lid, so this one's wicked good for that. It's got a really nice pearly sheen to it.

Silver: It's... silver! There isn't a whole lot else to say, haha. It's a good REALLY silver shadow, unlike a lot of the ones that are too sheer and look basically white.

Chartreuse: Lime green. This is definitely one of my favorites. It's definitely green, but it kind of has a yellow sheen to it and it's wicked haht.

Azalea: Wicked freakin hot pink. This one's another one of my favorites. It's actually one of the reasons I decided to go ahead and buy the palette. I have MAC Passionate and UD Sting and neither of them were really doing it for me, but seriously this is amaaazing. If you don't want the other colors in the palette, firstly, you're crazy, and secondly, buy the single of Azalea anyway. It's like hot pink sex. For your eyes. Wear a condom.

Jade: Darker green. It's definitely more a blue green than a yellow green, but it's still obviously green. I lined my eyes with it wet and it looks sooooo pretty!

Cosmic Blue: Intense blue. It's not like a teal blue or a violet blue or anything. It's just a midtone blue blue. Not like I actually need another blue eyeshadow or anything since I already have about 400 million, but I can safely say that this one's way different than any other blues I own.

Amethyst: Gawwwwgeous deep purple/plum. That's basically all I can say about it haha.

Sun Yellow: Bright bright bright yellow. Love. Before this, I had two yellows: MAC Chrome Yellow and that yellow from the HIP shadow duo. The HIP one was more of a gold to me than yellow, and I wanted a yellow that would cover a larger area more easily than Chrome Yellow. This is perfect :] The very first thing I did with the palette was use a bunch of the colors to do a rainbow look, and the yellow was like... bam.

Cosmic Violet: Pinky-violet with blue sheen. This makes me think of Milani Shock, but lighter and more pink than purple and without glitter. It's pretty if you put it over Amethyst.
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:39 pm

Ooook, I officially want this. WHY SO EXPENSIVE!!

so pretty sounding
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm

If you get it from makeupmania.com, it's $54 before shipping, so that's like $4.50 for each one, which I think is a wicked good deal. It just seemed wicked expensive since I was basically buying 12 all at once, instead of getting like, 3 new ones every two months XD It's definitely worth it though.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:49 pm

I know where there are swatches already if you'd like me to post them.
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Go for it.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:55 pm

review/swatches

rainbow look
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 7:49 am

Man I want this so bad, but shipping to Australia is waaay too much.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 8:48 am

OMG I need to get thiiiiiissss
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Ahhh me tooo!
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:27 am

here's another place you can get it and other cool stuff :
stage makeup store
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:12 am

Shiiiit. That is cheap for so many good colours! We have Tangerine and Charteuse at school, they've been used in fashion shows in the past, and are AWESOME. They show up so well.

I would pay US$60 in a heartbeat for that stuff. If I had it. Which I don't. Still... looks amazing.
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:49 am

Kendra, is ben nye foundation bad for every day use? Also, since im doing shots for my (modelling) portfolio, would it bee a good idea to get a stuido/stage/tv type of foundation?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:53 am

I wouldn't say its too bad - when I did the makeup for the school play, the girls I used the foundation on reported no breakouts or irritation; though I did have a mini flare up once the week was over. However, I really wouldn't recommend it...its just too much to put on your skin.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 am

Wow, those colors are beautiful. I wish I wore makeup more :/
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't use it for every day. It really is made for stage and stuff, it's quite thick, and you have nice skin!

For different shoots it's probably a good idea to pick some kind of film/print stuff up, unless you already have a foundation with heavy coverage. Unless your photographer is going to shop your imperfections out (assuming the agencies your submitting to accept 'shopped pictures), in which case a concealer will do the trick. I do think it's a good idea to get some, just don't use it every day.
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 am

excellent, thankyou kendra!
Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Jeje. so I own azalez<3,sun yellow<3,iced gold, royal purple,and amethyst...beautiful colors!...what can i say. i think it is worth trying them out if you like fun bright colors!!! they are purty easy to blend and they last for a respectable amount of time. I wish i could do some swatches but i don't hasss a camera for the moment...*hope to get one sooon!* for now i think youtube has some decent swatches if you wanna check them out: MissChievous, xsparkage, soeth23, and pursebuzz have some good ones...
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 12:59 pm

http://bubbasclownsupplies.com/Makeup_BenNye_index.html

$54 cheapest I've found it.

Every other place was $60+

$74 was the the highest, so I'd just on dat baby.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

Ben Nye FTW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Nye FTW!   Ben Nye FTW! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Nye FTW!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Product Reviews-
Jump to: