The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

help with purple eyeshadow >.<

Go down 
+4
TOONRULESOK
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
Alexa Nightmare.
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

help with purple eyeshadow >.< Empty
PostSubject: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:45 pm

so prom is in like 2 weeks. i'm wearing my hair curly with black pumps, but that's not the point.

what is the point is maaake up. my dress is a purple-ish colour, with a black belt/tie thing. i wanted to have purple eyes to match my dress. i have about 6 different shades of purple, but the problem is, i can't decide on what to do my eyes like. i wanted something that would stand out in a subtle way, if that makes any sense.

halp!? i need ideas asap.
pictures would be nice too.

thanks babes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Hmmmm.......

Try really rich colors.

Like Plum Purple with Sapphire blue and a nice silvery highlight.

I'm bored out of my mind right now and can do an example if you like?
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 3:51 pm

sounds pretty.

an example would be great. :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Alright well my makeup is being a bitch and deciding to be all "hey, let's not apply evenly and not work just to piss Jenna off!" so i can't do a look for you.

Sorry love!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:15 pm

aw, thanks anyway lover!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:16 pm

I just did a look with green - you can try it that way, but with purple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 5:29 pm

I reckon a bright purple in the crease + outer corner, and then fade it into paler purples as you move into the inner corner of your eye. Smile
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 8:39 pm

yourroyalscrumptiousness wrote:
I reckon a bright purple in the crease + outer corner, and then fade it into paler purples as you move into the inner corner of your eye. Smile

I second that.

Maybe a lilac or cornflower colour on the lid, a brighter rich purple on the outer corner and a really dark purple on the crease? I'll look for some pics when I get home (as I am stealing the gigahurtz from work at the moment).
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 12:50 pm

I like the idea of a really smokey purple, i dunno how to describe it but like a purple toned smokey eye basically.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:04 pm

I agree with the smokey eye, with a really dark purple on the outer corners but blended a LOT so that it's really smokey and not harsh at all. And I think don't do the shadow too high up on the crease. That'll be subtle but still stand out, spesh the outer corners.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 pm

I think do like black shadow all over the lid, then put like a shimmery birght purple over the top and then blend it out to a lilac colour then a shimmery white highlight, and then purple liquid eyeliner on top!!!!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 1:41 pm

help with purple eyeshadow >.< 3aef39de

hopefully you can see that - pink on the inner corners, purple on the outer v, and in the crease, and raised a bit; with flicked liner and just a smidge of purple and a bit of liner under the eye.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I think that if your dress is purple, like completely, you might not want to make the eyes purple cos it's just gonna be WHAM PURPLE.

I would rather say to match it to your accessories. Sounds like they're black, so I vote sexy black smoky eye!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Why not smokey eye with purples and greys? Not too heavy cos it's got the greys, while still incorporating the purple without being OTT?
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 6:24 pm

yeah, that could work too
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:56 am

Stephanie, my dress is a darkish purple and my jewelry is black. i can post pictures if you like, so you guys can get the idea of what it looks like.

i'm going to try all of these suggestions out tonight and let you girls judge what looks best.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 2:12 pm

ook cool that would help! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 1:29 pm

help with purple eyeshadow >.< Dress
that's the dress, not me wearing it. hahaha.

help with purple eyeshadow >.< Dark_purple_BIG
and that's more accurate to the colour.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 pm

ooh okay so there's a little creme in there too

I still think a smoky would be best, with a touch of purple though
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 3:12 am

I think it would look cool with a full purple smokey eye as the dress isn't strictly purple, it's patterned. OH OH and bright pink lips would look cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 4:06 pm

actually I've done a purple/black/creme look with hot pink lips. lmao I wore it for my performance in the b&g

would you like me to post it?
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 5:34 pm

May as well! Smokey purple eyeshadow with hot pink lips is so hot, and would look sweet with your dress, Alexa.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:05 am

steph, please post it! :]

but idk if i could pull off hot pink lips. :\
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 8:22 am

oh come on everyone ca pull off pink lips, you just got to find the right shade of pink =)
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:51 am

I'm uploading a tut for the look, do you want me to post it here or in a seperate thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with purple eyeshadow >.<   help with purple eyeshadow >.< Empty

Back to top Go down

help with purple eyeshadow >.<
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: