The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!

Go down 
+3
kaylalane
anjelik_dreamin
cherrybomb
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyFri Apr 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Well, It's finally out and I finally have time, so let's do this! The most anticipated game for the Wii YET is finally out, and my god is it ever good!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! 51wBaMttVuL._SS400_

It has been delayed three times, but trust me people, the wait was worth it. For those of you that don't know, there have been two Super Smash Brothers before this one, the original (for N64) and Super Smash Brothers: Melee (for Gamecube.) Both games were bestsellers back in the day, and both games recieved perfect ratings across the board. The unique fighting system involve beating the snot out of your oponent's character, increasing their damage percentage, and knocking them off the screen. You can do this with items, or just plain force. Brawl has quite a bit to live up to.

First, let's go with the character selection. There are now Thirty-Two playable characters, all with their unique style of fighting. Nintendo even went as far to aquire the license to use third party characters like Snake from Metal Gear Solid and Sonic the Hedgehog (From many different Sonic games.) New additions also include Meta Knight and King Dedede (From the Kirby Games,) Wolf (from Starfox,) Pit (From Kid Icarus,)Lucario (From Pokemon,) and a Pokemon Trainer (From the Pokemon games.) The pokemon Trainer is actually three characters in one, as you can play with Squirtle, Ivysaur, or CHARIZARD!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Super-smash-bros-brawl-20070813023107908

There are other characters as well, and in classic Super Smash Brothers style, you can beat classic mode on certain difficulty and under certain conditions to unlock them all. From me, content gets a 10/10.

OR you can play the entirely new and reimangined story mode. As you all may know, most story modes in fighting games are sort of strung together by events that dont really make sense. This one, however, is accented by beautiful cut-scenes, and takes a good eight hours to complete. Your reward is unlocking every character in the game upon the completion of it! The stages are beautifully rendered, and they should be; this is the first dual layer DVD that has been released for the Wii. The character detail is amazing, and there are subtle changes to the originals. (For instance, Link is now in his Twilight Princess form instead of his Ocarina of Time form. He now uses the gale boomerang and the Hero's Bow.) Graphics get a 10/10, especially for a wii game.

Which brings me to the controls of the game. Nintendo really hit a home run here. Instead of making one perfect set of controls for the game, they have four different styles: You can use the Wii Remote by itself, the Wii Remote with the Nunchuck, the Classic Controller, OR the GameCube controller (I find the Remote/Nunchuck works the best for me, but opinions always differ.) They took the route that was very hard to go wrong with. It's hard for me not to think that other games should do this as well, as there are some wii games out there with terrible controls. 10/10.

Playability is what Super Smash Brothers has always been known for. Other than the fact that you can now make your OWN stage, the fact that an inexperienced gamer has always been able to pick up a controller and be just as good as a seasoned Smash Brother's Veteran has been the main selling point of the series, and it certainly remains that way. The matches are unpredictable, as there is a character for every playing style you could imangine. Also, there is a new item called a smash ball. It pops up on the screen, floats around, and whoever breaks it can unleash a new move called a "Final Smash." It's basically an unique overkill attack that blows everybody away if used correctly. For instance, Mario has a rediculous Fireball attack:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! 51RJQSZWFFL

Every final smash is deadly and can easily turn the tide of the game. My sister who is 7 years old has OWNED me many times. It truly is a fun game, and up to four players can play (More if you count online battles!)

This game gets a 10 out of 10 from me, and a hearty reccomendation. Games like this only come along once in a console, and it would be a shame to miss it. Here's some screenshots:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Ssonicek9
Sonic's Final Smash is simply turning into Super Sonic and flying into people at high speeds for insane amounts of damage.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! 5258
You can still pause and zoom in on the action. This is actual gameplay here.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Snake_070921c-l
It's snake! Oh shi-

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! 46f3d5812e725_featured_without_text_smash_blast
Wario, Meta Knight, and Pit dodging a blast from one of the many interactive stages.

I will certainly try to be more active, since I now have more time. Work can be a bitch ya'll. ;p
Back to top Go down
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:06 am

I need it! I need it! I NEED IT!
can't wait till it gets out in Germany!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:43 am

I need it too! But first I need a Wii. Awesome review Gardner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 9:29 am

I love Super Smash. I haven't played Brawl yet though Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 pm

It's the same game, only better if you can imangine it. The multiplayer owns. Truly ANYONE can win, no matter how good you are. It keeps people wanting to play for a long time.
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:35 pm

I just played it today. So much fun ^.^
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:03 pm

ha, it is. I like being Kirby because I get to eat people and steal their powers. everyone got mad when I kept nom nomming them. n.n
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:50 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
ha, it is. I like being Kirby because I get to eat people and steal their powers. everyone got mad when I kept nom nomming them. n.n

exactly why i play kirby!
and cos hes cute! Razz

i kind of suck at this game tho Razz
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
kaylalane

kaylalane

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 pm

I always play Zelda, because being a princess is fun. And being able to change into a boy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 am

Lol I love being Kirby too. If you gulp enough they lose they will to win Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin
cherrybomb

cherrybomb

Number of posts : 2443
Name : Jasmin, Mini
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:53 am

I'm Kirby or Peach. I love Kirby because he can fly ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/knallkirsche

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 12:55 pm

My best character is actually Sonic. Him or Lucario. But Samus will always be my ace-in-the-hole. Nobody can beat me when I play with Samus.

Plus, her new Zero Suit form is HOT.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Gr.image
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am

Goddamn, I can't believe that's gameplay graphics. Looks pretty sweet; this may be the deciding reason in Kelly and I saving the monies and actually buying a Wii.
Back to top Go down
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Lol I thought the same thing about Samus!
But my fav fav fav character is...
TOON LINK!!!
He's awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:41 pm

toon link is so fucking cute. and there's this bird thing that wears robes? I cant remember his name, but he's fuckin hardcore.

kendra, wii's rock, and are well worth the money. the fun never ends. buy buy buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!   Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Brothers Brawl REVIEW!!!
Page 1 of 1