The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?

Go down 
+4
hyperventilating
Lindsay
Aelwyndaeira
PolyphonicThought
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? Empty
PostSubject: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:09 pm

on the short list so far is :

Lush.
Avalon
Aveda

and thats all!

so.. any help would rock!!

its so hard to find nice cruelty free stuff.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:13 pm

only way you can find anything cruelty free is online.

and even though a company that sells the product may be cruelty free, they may have ingredients that have been tested on animals in the products. so its pretty hard to avoid. everything has been tested on animals at some point in time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 pm

well i wanna find something as close to as possible.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:18 pm

Avalon is good: Linkie

Apparently Aveda is cruelty free: Linkie

Also, Avon is cruelty free.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Thankyou Shauna!
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:19 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
only way you can find anything cruelty free is online.

and even though a company that sells the product may be cruelty free, they may have ingredients that have been tested on animals in the products. so its pretty hard to avoid. everything has been tested on animals at some point in time.

That's a good point, Puffy. Without the testing on animals, modern day shampoos and stuff would not exist in the format that they do. Everything, at some point, has been tested on an animal.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:20 pm

girloflowers wrote:
Thankyou Shauna!

You're welcome! My fave is the Lavender by Avalon. It's expensive, so I don't buy it anymore (once I get ODSP I'll be back to it).
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm

mhm. I used to be all "OH amimal cruelty is so lame!" but then it clicked that it can't be avoided. the most I can do is thank the rats and bunnies for sacrificing their lives so I can be the prettiest loser I can be. its just something I've learned to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm

PolyphonicThought wrote:
mhm. I used to be all "OH amimal cruelty is so lame!" but then it clicked that it can't be avoided. the most I can do is thank the rats and bunnies for sacrificing their lives so I can be the prettiest loser I can be. its just something I've learned to deal with.

Pretty much. I try to stick to "cruelty free" products, since the testing isn't really REQUIRED anymore, as the companies know how most of the ingredients affect humans and animals.

I honour the animals that give their lives so I may take pain killers, so my mom can have a new hip, and so we can safely clean our homes with products.

Of course, I make my own soap (cruelty free ingredients, and organic), and often use just vinegar for cleaning. It's being CONSCIENTIOUS more than anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:35 pm

i think i might save up and get one of those humongous lush gift packs

Smile

the lady who works at the one near me is not only SUPER HAWT, she has awesome dreadlocks (i am not a fangirl what are you saying?)
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Aelwyndaeira wrote:
PolyphonicThought wrote:

Pretty much. I try to stick to "cruelty free" products, since the testing isn't really REQUIRED anymore, as the companies know how most of the ingredients affect humans and animals.

I honour the animals that give their lives so I may take pain killers, so my mom can have a new hip, and so we can safely clean our homes with products.

Of course, I make my own soap (cruelty free ingredients, and organic), and often use just vinegar for cleaning. It's being CONSCIENTIOUS more than anything else.

ah, exactly. most today would call that "being green". but anyways. I like using baking soda for cleaning. I have a thing against vinegar. plus, I got to admit, you can't beat that new antibacterial windex.

I heard good things about lush. may be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 9:41 pm

I've been dying to try some Lush stuff, they need have a store close to me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
hyperventilating

hyperventilating

Number of posts : 1209
Name : Flor, whatever
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyWed Jan 16, 2008 10:23 pm

I was thinking and.. how do I know that those who adduce not to test their products on animals really don't?
And why those who test are not banned?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/FlorMantecon

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:59 am

You cant stop making tests on animals because there is no way to replace them. If you mix several things together, you can never be sure that although every chemical does not affect your skin, the mixture of all doesn't burn it. They work on that (developing artificial skin or testing on embryonic animals, which are not animals in the sense of law Rolling Eyes ), but until now nothing sufficiently replacing human or animal testers...

All of the substances used in even MAC or Avon cosmetics were tested (unless they are food, like milk or caviar for example) on animals. And even if a company claims that it doesn't make tests on animals, it is allowed to do them in other countries were the law is not as strict with the terms. In Peru or China for example, you don't even have to mention what kind of experiments you are doing! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 am

im not trying to be rude here but

i didn't ask to be lectured on animal testing.

im trying to get as close as i can to cruelty free products.

i understand its not possible to get completely totally cruelty ree, but at least i can damn well try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

I didn't mean to pick on you, I'm sorry if I sound like a little know it all. Here in Germany we have lots of biological Shampoos that are cruelty free. Maybe you should look in health food stores, they often have them.

Alvera is a famous brand name, but I guess you don't have it in Australia...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 am

thanks ^.^
Back to top Go down
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am

lush=AMAZING!!!!

everything there is so good... i use the 'i love juicy' shampoo... it smells really good... and their face stuff is really good... i like 'herbalism' i think its called...its green...my face has cleared up tons since ive started using it...
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 4:21 pm

excellent, thankyou!

i'll have to save up i guess Razz
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Try looking in health food stores. Often they have shampoos, toothpaste ect. They are usually made of all natural stuff, and people who buy their food there are often vegan or vegatarian and opposed to that kind of treatment of animals. I'm sure the people working there could tell you all about it.
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyFri May 02, 2008 10:13 am

TreSemme!!! I don't know if they ship to australia but I can maybe buy it for you and then you can send me monnies if you want.

TreSemme is AMAZING quality and soo not expensive! big bottle for 6 bucks?? KTHNX =)

and about the whole cruelty free thing, the point is that they're STILL TESTING. we get that what has been done in the past is DONE, and nothing will change it but they can stop NOW! lots of brands don't test anymore because it's stupid and lame

I think the only reason why some companies still test on animals (even if it's not required by laws or whatever) is because animals are way less expensive than humans... I mean why else would they do it?
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyFri May 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Tresemme is a big brand here, we have easy access to it! Thanks heaps for the info steph!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyFri May 02, 2008 9:20 pm

awesome!! tresemme here i come
Back to top Go down
ninibaby

ninibaby

Number of posts : 4220
Name : Stephanie
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 6:07 am

oh awesome tresemme is the best thing thats ever happened to my hair hahaa
Back to top Go down
pinkhaired

pinkhaired

Number of posts : 1384
Name : Jessie
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? EmptyMon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm

You could make your own. Apparently its not that hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?   Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cruelty Free Shampoo and Conditioner please?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next