The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A fun Idea: 100 words.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A fun Idea: 100 words. Empty
PostSubject: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Okay, I did this as practice to help my description. Limit myself to 100 words, and write a short story. I was inspired by the Gaiman story about Santa. Anyway, here's what I came up with. Maybe ya'll could do it too? It should be interesting to see what people come up with. Anyway, mine is very Bradbury-esque:

Revelation

Nothing is left since the war ended; since the unforgiving missiles tore across the sky and fell carelessly upon the Earth.

It doesn't matter where, it's all gone now.

Mere ashes of god knows what scattered randomly among obsolete monuments: Charred remains of swing sets, shards of broken mirrors, cars overturned effortlessly in the streets. There’s no sunshine - not a dog barks, not a bird chirps. The only sound is that of a howling wind, amplified by the partially intact walls of forgotten structures that somehow avoided the mass incineration.

There is nobody left to remember what once was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:12 pm

I really like this - short, however, gives an instant lasting impression of the devastation that you describe, including the futility of caring.

Good one! Smile

I may have a go. Smile

What was the story you were inspired by? I dont think I know it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptyFri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 pm

It's by Niel Gaiman.. Hmm.. I think It's called Nickolas or something.

And thank you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 10:59 am

Asphalt is hard, really hard – especially at 4am. Not that I knew it then. It wasn’t till morning that I realised the tampon was no match for my nosebleed. I gauged that by the pool of blood I threw up two minutes later. It smelt like bourbon. I don’t think blood is meant to smell like bourbon. That’s bad.

I drag out the tampon and toss it by the curb. Passer-bys notice, but pretend not to. Yeah - you would too. I must’ve snorted lines off a hooker’s cu… well, one on the rag. Foul. That’d explain the mess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 11:40 am

That is certainly one creative story! I don't know if cu is technically a word, but who's counting? It certainly conveys distress.

And reminds me of that part from she's the man. Where she says she uses tampons for nosebleeds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:49 pm

I love these! so clever. I don't know what i'd write about if I were to do one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fun Idea: 100 words.   A fun Idea: 100 words. Empty

Back to top Go down

A fun Idea: 100 words.
Page 1 of 1