The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Scenequeens"

Go down 
+17
NightmaresOnWax
Lindsay
ninibaby
witch_lilly
TOONRULESOK
Le_Saboteur
GinaELIZABETH
shadowsforsale
anjelik_dreamin
Jayme
Alexa Nightmare.
PolyphonicThought
Aelwyndaeira
Kirsty
pinkhaired
Gloomyjewel
cherrybomb
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage

"Scenequeens" - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 5:45 am

hehe how lame are our newswriters, right?

is that all they can think of to write a story on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 6:23 am

Like that article was so pointless it just made me LOL
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 6:34 am

Thats how we do it in Australia lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:03 am

Quote :
Because the movement is still young, emos and Scene kids often find themselves battling for territory.

wtf that was so lame.

Who would write an article about what little 13 years olds wear?
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:58 am

oh man, i think i died a bit.

are those girls for real?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 am

Reminds me of an article in german magazine which quoted Kiki Kannibal as a style-idol for lots of Emos...
The article came to the conclusion that Emos should laugh rather than cry, because "laughing is pretty emotional too, right?" *lol*
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

that article just made my day - and fuck, i bought pyjamas to match my bedsheets today. ahahahaha. that article must be pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando
Beb82

Beb82

Number of posts : 1175
Name : Sally
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 10:19 am

Those girls are gonna look back on those pictures one day and contemplate jumping off a cliff!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Quote :
Crystal McKenna, a 17-year-old emo from Warrnambool, south of Melbourne, is not a fan of Scene kids.

"They are like wannabe emos. It is more the fact that they change just to be in with everything that is going on at the time," she said.

Crystal has been dyeing her strawberry blonde hair dark since she was 13, favours black clothes, band shirts, a side-swept fringe and eyeliner, and listens to such bands as Blink 182, The Offspring and Rancid.

Omgwtf. Super emo!

There are SHITLOADS of scene kids in this city, they far outnumber the goths and emo kids, they just sit in KFC and yell things out the window. OMGHARDXXCORE.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm so glad there's hardly any scene kids in my town, but the down side is there's shitloads of annoying rednecks and emo preteens everywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
justme

justme

Number of posts : 995
Name : veronica
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 8:06 pm

i live in hicktown
& considering i just moved someplace where they werer EVERYWHERE
so seeing scene / emo kids
is actually quite fun for me

oohhh the past
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2008 1:09 am

We've got like, a billion scene/emo kids. It's ridiculous. They're Melbourne's plague.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Those "scene" girls in that article wear 80's band shirts? They are 13 years old! They were born in the 90's! lol. That is seriously stupid. I bet they don't know who have the bands on the shirts are. =p They obviously bought them from Hot Topic and or stole them from their parents. So sad..So very sad.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm

JuicyGirl1986 wrote:
Those "scene" girls in that article wear 80's band shirts? They are 13 years old! They were born in the 90's! lol. That is seriously stupid. I bet they don't know who have the bands on the shirts are. =p They obviously bought them from Hot Topic and or stole them from their parents. So sad..So very sad.

In a way I disagree with this...ok so they may be 13 years old but that doesn't mean they don't know who those bands are. Unlikely because they're scene kids, but I dunno, things like that just kind of get me annoyed. Like when I bought a clash london calling shirt from h&m. I knew because it was h&m other people would probably have it because it was "a cool top" but I bought it because I genuinely like the band. I wasn't around when the clash were around but I still know who they are.
When I was younger, I used to listen to trex, bowie, slade, the sweet, the osmonds, bay city rolles, boomtown rats, lulu and all this other stuff that i wasnt around to hear at the time but i still listened an loved it.

Sorry...bit of a rant over that. Just something I had to say.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Yeh, most of my music taste is 70s and 80s..and I was born at the end of the 80s..
In saying that, I'm a bit snobby and never bought a Blondie t-shirt from New Look because I worried people would think I was wearing it to be fashionable and not because I like the band...But that was a bit silly and paranoid of me..
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 pm

I agree with both of you, but I also think that there really ARE tons of kids out there, especially those girls who wear those pink Ramones shirts... just cause. I bet you could go up to a good 50% of them and ask them to name one Ramones album and they wouldn't be able to... you know? I do think that there is a surprisingly high population who are in that category, sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo
Jayme

Jayme

Number of posts : 3277
Name : Jamie
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Uhmm, yeah, age has nothing to do with music tastes.
I'm born and raised in the 90's, but if I were only able to listen to music from the 90's, just because it was the year I was born in, I'd be stuck with Haddaway and Nirvana. And never ever ever, will I listen to Nirvana.
The music I tend to listen to is older than my parents.
Back to top Go down
http://cat-nose.tumblr.com/
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Ah, same here, Jay. I pretty much hate all 90s music. Worst shit ever, man...I wish my parents felt the same. I hate that damn Boyz II Men.

As long as I don't see a five year old in a Jem shirt, I'm alright, ya'll.
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:02 am

i agree.
i was born in the 90's and listened to music way before my time.

even when i was 11, i was listening to music from the 70's/80's. my mom got me into most of it, and to be honest, i still listen to it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 2:09 pm

i was born at the beginning of the nineties.
I love 80s and 90s pop.
I've been a Stones fan all my life.

...but i refuse to wear the shirts in places like new look because of reasons similar to Gill.

However, i get what your going on about.
when i was really emoey, i told everyone i listened to metal like my boyfriend so people would take me more seriously. it was a lie, i've never liked metal. but because it made me fit it, i always said i did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:17 am

Their style is cool, but I'm starting to see it everywhere...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Scenequeens"   "Scenequeens" - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Scenequeens"
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5