The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foundation for pasty chicks.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Foundation for pasty chicks. Empty
PostSubject: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 8:50 pm

Thats right I'm looking for some fully sick foundation for pale girls ^.^

i do not like mousse foundation and refuse to use it.

soo i need liquid, stick, or cream foundation, as well as a pressed and loose powder Smile

If possible i'd like one matching shade, a lighter shade, and a darker shade to help with contouring.

I prefer matte foundation but I'm making myself be open to other types as well so go ahead Smile

thanks girls!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 1:06 am

I'm pale too and it's very hard to find something that matches perfectly.The closest i got to my natural skin tone is
Neutrogena's Healthy Skin liquid make-up in classic porcelain nr.20
It's oil free and it hasn't caused any breakouts yet, and i've been using it for quite a while.It's pretty good.
I also have the Loreal true match super blendable makeup in warm.It's harder to blend it out though so i don't use it that much.

And the last one i have is Mac's Studio Fix fluid in NC15 which i believe is their lighest shade and it sucks! i feel like i've waisted my money.I have only used it once or twice and it feels horrible on, i am too aware that i have make-up on.I don't recommend their foundation.Also, it's waaaay too dark.You'd think it's Mac so they should have something for the pale girls too...
well, hopefully that will help you decide what NOT to get at least Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 1:44 am

yeah mac always has these awesome pale chicks but wheres the godamned product eh? like in your siggy.

i shall stalk her and find out what shes wearing

i'll go and test the neutrogena Smile

im nota huge loreal fan but i'll test it anyway
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

Number of posts : 658
Name : Tarren
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 1:47 am

China Doll foundation by Napoleon... It's self setting and very matte.

It's expensive ($65) but I think they make it pretty pale it but get someone at Napoleon to put it on you so you can see how it looks and decide from there Smile Or their stick foundation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 2:03 am

i suppose i can put up with the asshole napoleon girls.

but $65 o.O eek.

i was thinking more like... $30?
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 2:52 am

Try another Napoleon store... Though it is rare to find a nice girl working in one.

Yeah like I said, it's expensive >.< But i've found the expensive ones look better on (i'm yet to find a cheaper brand that looks good on me). Hopefully some of the other girlies will know of some good quality ones that are cheaper =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 2:54 am

i could just go to like a zillion different cosmetics counters and be lie um hi.
put foundtion on me?
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 3:11 am

Definately =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 3:13 am

wish there was a benefit counter at my local mall

however there is one in chatswood so all is not lost

you ever been to warringah mall?
Back to top Go down
xxmissyxx

xxmissyxx

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 3:37 am

Me?

Nah. I haven't been out much lately. I need a good shopping spree!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 4:34 am

to the mall with you!

its probably a trek but its awesoooooommmmeee
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am

I absolutely hate L'Oreal foundations. Even the cool shades make me look orange. I don't think I'm as pale as you, and they are still too dark.

A lot of people love their True Match... It sucked on me. None of their stuff seems to work with my dry skin.

Try Revlon. Relatively cheap + not that bad. Also... Ahh, the one that starts with 'A'. Another cheapish brand. Damnit, can't remember, but they do a couple which SEEMED okay in the shop (matched my skin tone quite well).

As for pressed powder, you can't go wrong with anything, there. I actually really like Maybelline's Pure Powder. Good for keeping my few shiny bits (nose, especially) dry and matte-looking. Good for toning down dewy foundation as well.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 12:09 am

do you mean Almay? :]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 12:09 am

australis? face of australia? avon?

excellent Smile

thankyou!!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:16 am

Yes, Almay! They had some 'technical' kinda one, which had two tubes... The foundation part of it looked reaaally dark, but when you rub it in it changes. Here we go, Smart Shade. I have dry skin and it worked well on me (didn't dry me out heaps), and my best friend has crazy oily skin and it didn't make her look like a swamp fiend- but it was set with that Pure Powder I told you about...

It's quite cool.

I've never tried Australis foundation, but I had a blemish concealer from them once, a long time ago. It was pretty cakey, but the colour was about right.

EDIT: Wowee, I didn't know they had a Smart Shade blush as well. It would be interesting to see what the 'perfect blush' looks like Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:19 am

OOOH

awesome!
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:23 am

I have to admit, I did like Smart Shade a lot 'cause it was like magic. It was still quite a good foundation, though! I'm a neutral pale and my friend is an olive skinned pale, worked for us both. It's really light coverage, though. Still, evened everything out nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:24 am

ohhh like super super light?

i like something thats sort of

not heavy but well

covers me up Razz
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 am

haha, I figured you'd mention that!

Almay is one of those brands I hate because they don't go into a range for darker skin tones. Revlon tackles that problem very, very well. :]
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 am

Yeah, I know, I'm surprised they even sell Almay here, with most women being at least tanned, with the majority olive or dark skinned. Works well for us pasty ladies, though.
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 6:00 am

OOh that Almay one looks wicked awesome. I really should start looking into wearing foundation. My skin is eek.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Estee Lauder Double Wear. Like naturally Im too pale and ive got really bad skin but this gives me a really coverage without feeling heavy and it looks natural and they have really pale shades which I need! I use Shell, which is pink based but Ecru I think is the palest yellow based shade.

But check the site

www.esteelauder.com
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 3:11 pm

if you could get to a benefit counter some kinda gorgeous <<3 lol i am superdeduperly anaemically pale and it works for me and coverage is pretty nifty also, doesnt look all cakey either. kinda expensive though...
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm

haha, lil, you should go to the topic I made for lisbeth and look at everything with asterisks by it. you and lisbeth are both pale and I think it may help tonnes. the asterisks are by foundations and tint blushers, so...num.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 5:01 pm

you guys saved my face yay!

im going to look into the benefit one even though its probably expensive and i am checking out estee ladue now

*runs off to lizzy's post*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundation for pasty chicks.   Foundation for pasty chicks. Empty

Back to top Go down

Foundation for pasty chicks.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Product Reviews-
Jump to: