The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ear stretching questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ear stretching questions Empty
PostSubject: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 7:32 pm

I was wondering some things about starting and how and stuff.

1. Can I just do one ear and go very small and then leave it like that, and never go any larger? Or does it not work/do I have to ever go larger or something? Like, can I just have one REALLY small one?

2. How do I start? Do I start with a piercing or do I start with just a smallish gauge or what?

3. Anything else I should know before I jump into it, even though I've thought about it a lot and know I like the look/won't regret it, etc.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Do you already have a piercing? If so, then start with 16-18 gauge, and slowly work your way down. That's how I did mine when I had it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 7:39 pm

I do have a piercing but not one I want to stretch, so if I have to start with a piercing then I need to get another.

When you had it? How large did you go? And it healed fully?
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 7:44 pm

I went to 10g. They healed fully, and back to their original boring size. I kind of want to do it again though.

There's always the option of.. stamping? (not sure what it's called) where they basically take a huge chunk out of your ear. I wouldn't recomment that though, seeing as its mighty painful.

bmezine.com has some pretty good stories and information that might fill in the gaps Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 7:47 pm

Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 8:50 pm

One thing about stretching is you REALLY need to clean it while stretching. The skin "dies" and can end up infected and smelly (ewww....stinky ears). Eventually the ears heal up completely and you have no issues with them, but it can take a loooooong time for that to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyThu Nov 29, 2007 10:11 pm

Haha, well I'm going to think about it some more. I dooon't want stinky ears. I appreciate all the info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 11:23 pm

1. Can I just do one ear and go very small and then leave it like that, and never go any larger? Or does it not work/do I have to ever go larger or something? Like, can I just have one REALLY small one?

I'm not 100% sure what you are asking, but I think I get it. If you stretch one earlobe piercing from a standard size (18g) to something slightly larger like a 12g or 10g you can just stay at that size. You don't have to keep stretching.
8g is about the smallest that you can find tunnel jewellery for though. They look super cute.

2. How do I start? Do I start with a piercing or do I start with just a smallish gauge or what?

Get your ears pierced at a parlour. You can have them done with a needle from 16g - 8g and usually larger than that involves a dermal punch or scalpel. Some places will pierce with a needle up to 4g.

You can start at any size you wish, really. Most people start at 10g if they want to stretch much larger.

3. Anything else I should know before I jump into it, even though I've thought about it a lot and know I like the look/won't regret it, etc.

Check out this page: http://www.vampryixie.com/BLB.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 11:28 pm

i say! welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 11:29 pm

Thanks. =3

It's an old post, but I figure if anyone else was wondering the same thing they can read an old thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 11:40 pm

i actualy read that link you posted and have deicded to go find a metal plug thing for my right ear as i've had acrylic in there for motnhs and am not shitting myself that tis going to fall off or something after reading that ahaha

Anyway

Run along to introductions so I'm not the only person you ever talk to!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanks for all of that! I haven't done anything yet so it's good to know.
Back to top Go down
hello disaster

hello disaster

Number of posts : 1680
Name : kate
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 2:35 pm

dont punch your lobes!!! they will never shrink back down!! ive seen it done..not very pleasant... kinda bloody

and yesh clean your holes when you start to stretch because ear cheese is one of the most nast smells ever! my sister has her ears well over an inch and likes to chase me with her ear cheese...its gross...

im thinking about stretching mine...
Back to top Go down
http://katemcginn.blogspot.com/
gill

gill

Number of posts : 1367
Name : Gillian
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 2:58 pm

I had one ear stretched to 8mm. Got it done with tapers in piercing studios over the space of like 2 years..just gradually 2mm at a time.
Took it out about a year ago and you can't even tell it was stretched anymore..kind of miss it though, might stretch them both back up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/thursday-

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:58 pm

I figured I'd post here instead of making a new topic.
c:

10 to 8 isn't a big deal, they're both relatively small sizes.
But uhm, I just gauged my ears up with a taper and
1. they bled a wee bit during it and
2. theres a little white ring of.. skin? on the tunnel now. is this a blowout or normal? :/

usually make my piercer gauge my ears, but he's been on vacation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 8:06 pm

I just had a blow out today, its when the tissue from your inner ear starts to come out..it's reddish
I have no idea what the white tunnel is but a blowout is red and ugly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ear stretching questions   Ear stretching questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Ear stretching questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Body Modifications-
Jump to: