The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

End Of Year Awards

Go down 
+3
kaylalane
Alexa Nightmare.
TOONRULESOK
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

Number of posts : 2667
Name : hannahh
Registration date : 2007-07-23

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:21 pm

When i was on the VampireFreaks forum, at the end of the year they used to do an awards thing, and there was like a set of awards and everyone like chose someone to win each awards, they were all light hearted and funny and all, so it wouldn't be nasty or anything.

so i was thinking that would be really nice here maybe?
I just thought of it and posted it before i forgot lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missigocommando

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm

aww that would be too cute! i would love it if we did that
Back to top Go down
kaylalane

kaylalane

Number of posts : 2469
Name : Kayla
Registration date : 2007-07-01

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 pm

That would be pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Alexa Nightmare.

Alexa Nightmare.

Number of posts : 1647
Name : Alexa.
Registration date : 2007-04-15

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:55 pm

it's a cute idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/alexisastar
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 1:22 pm

That sounds sweet.
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 1:46 pm

well you'd have to think of one for all like...96 people on the forum or however many there is.

otherwise, not saying anyone would but i wouldnt want people feeling left out if they didnt get anything...i can see on VF how it would be better maybe because its pretty huge but on here, id personally feel really bad if people were left out.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
Gloomyjewel

Gloomyjewel

Number of posts : 2540
Name : Soraya, Sor, Saf
Registration date : 2007-04-16

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 2:08 pm

If the idea develops further than a suggestion then we could have a poll or something to see if the majority like the idea/wouldn't feel left out if they didn't win one.

I know how you feel though cus it seems easier to just avoid stuff that could cause drama/left-outted-ness etc all together rather than go for it and assume no one will take it to heart

O/T: Man, I feel like I'm on here loads but I just made 800 posts! Hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://youseesaf.blogspot.com/
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 4:12 pm

well...admin-head on still, which is why i sound uptight or whatever.

while yeh i can see why its a cute idea and what not, I dont wanna do anything that could cause wierdness. I mean, I know if I was a member and people were like "would you be offended if you didnt win one?" I'd be like "nooooo its cooool! its just fun" But in my head, I'd probably be like "Oh what if I don't win one? It might mean they all hate me and think I suck..." but I wouldn't say anything.
I don't think anything that would potentially make people uncomfortable is a good idea. I mean, yeh we could do an opt in and opt out type of thing but even if I said no, I'd probably still consider "ooh what if I did do it...because i didnt and she did does that means shes better than me?!"

As I said before, VF is different...I'm not so sure about the forums but I have been on it and I know you can rate people and there's like "10 higest rated this week" type stuff so there is a different type of thing there. Also VF is huge, we're small and I doubt vf cares if they offend some people too much.

Also, I know it's not necessarily but it's a tiny bit like popularity contest which, in my opinion, isn't good. Kinda like that poll on mods which was meant as fun but could potentially give some of the more sensitive people a bit of a complex about coming on here.
The main thing is how we are a small cosy forum and stuff that might encourage feelings of "they're better than you" or whatever isnt good.

I'm not saying its necessarily a bad idea, I'm just being ridiculously sensible and thinking it over because I worry everyone won't think about those things and just go "hey thats a good idea".
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 4:22 pm

Well, I think that it's a GREAT idea!
Sure, some people might get left out, but hey... when they do these awards in high school and stuff MOST people got left out! I wouldn't be offended at all if I didn't get an award. It's just the way it goes.

I think it's such a really good idea.
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:06 pm

I wouldn't be offended either, and I think it's a really cool idea.
Back to top Go down
GinaELIZABETH

GinaELIZABETH

Number of posts : 3116
Name : Gina
Registration date : 2007-03-27

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 pm

I think it's an awesome idea. And.. that's how awards work! A few people get the honor of the award. Not EVERYONE gets it.. I don't know. That's myyy thinking. But maybe a poll would be nice, to see everyone's opinions...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/onebyonexo

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 8:19 pm

it would be fun! personally, i wouldn't be offended if i didn't win anything,but i totally understand your concerns. so an opt in/out poll before the "awards" are announced might work
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 pm

I think it's a great idea!

Sounds really fun and I'm curious to see what awards we'd come up with.
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:44 pm

yeah i agree its a great idea.. i wouldn't be offended if i didn't get one.
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 10:59 pm

Kay I set up a poll in Polls to get it moving Very Happy

VOTE, LADIES, VOTE!
Back to top Go down
anjelik_dreamin

anjelik_dreamin

Number of posts : 3440
Name : Jessica
Registration date : 2007-03-28

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 2:38 am

I think this would be cool, as long as it isn't just typical stuff and the awards are sorta interesting and unique, so everyone has a chance of winning, not just the super crazy posting mods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/anjelik_dreamin

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 3:06 am

yeah cos id feel super guilty if i won something that a non mod deserved more, just because i post more than they do :/
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 3:26 am

Same here.
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 9:33 am

But like you are all concerned that people would feel bad if they didnt get one but....THIS IS JUST A FORUM its not really that big an award its not ging to change your life by having one is it, we should just do it.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyTue Nov 27, 2007 10:47 am

Yeah i just mean things like Funnest Confession or... i dunno, best silly fact. Not many just like, 5?

yeah, i can understand the popularity contest, that's why i wasn't too sure but i'm a right noob and thought i might forget it if i don't post it right away.
Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 8:59 pm

Soooooo are the polls closed yet?
When is the tallying up and all? Even though we can see who's won already lol.
Back to top Go down
TOONRULESOK

TOONRULESOK

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 10:38 am

Oh sorry i haven't done that! I will do it tonight!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

End Of Year Awards Empty
PostSubject: Re: End Of Year Awards   End Of Year Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

End Of Year Awards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Important Subjects :: Suggestions-
Jump to: