The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SiCKO

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Beckygdizzle

Beckygdizzle

Number of posts : 586
Name : Becky-Sue, babydoll =]
Registration date : 2007-04-24

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 am

I saw this 2 nites ago and oh goodness. it infuriated me and made my jaw drop in awe at the same time.

Its a micheal moore film about the outlandish health insurance prices in the united states. and how so many people are being denied health insurance.

A woman, a 9/11 volunteer rescue worker, suffers severe bronchial issues. She has 3 sons and with all the medical bills, the insurance wouldnt cover them and it drove her to bankruptcy. In America she has to pay 120$ USD a month for 1 inhaler of her medication to aide her breathing problems. sometimes she needs to purchase 2 or 3 a month. Micheal Moore took her along with 2 other 9/11 volunteer resuce workers to a pharmacy in Cuba, where she could get her inhaler...for 5 cents USD.
This drove this woman to hysterics.

Did you know that there are 37 other countries above America that have better Healthcare? America is only 1 step above Slovenia.

I recommend that everyone see this movie. it is quite possibly the greatest/most influencial film i have ever seen in my life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/missin_my_bambiigurl
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 2:20 am

hm. this sounds interesting; especially since Ive a bit of interest in politics - thanks for posting this. :]
Back to top Go down
Beckygdizzle

Beckygdizzle

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 2:27 am

no problemo =]
Back to top Go down

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 1:54 pm

I really want to see it. I love Micheal Moore. I wish that America would get nation wide health coverage. I wonder how they would go about doing that though.
Back to top Go down
witch_lilly

witch_lilly

Number of posts : 908
Name : Ruth

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 pm

God i've always considered myself lucky to live in Scotland. We get all our health stuff off the NHS.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 3:08 pm

If someone moved to a country with a national health care system, would they get health care as well? >.>
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 3:15 pm

PLATIPUSES wrote:
If someone moved to a country with a national health care system, would they get health care as well? >.>

Yes.

Immigrants and refugees get OHIP as soon as they move to Ontario.

Unfortunately, our provincial government over the years have cut eye testing and physio out of being publicly funded.

I'm hoping that the NDP's campaign to make health care FREE nationwide (including assistance for medication for those people with low incomes) get passed sometime in the next decade.

My family in Northern Ireland get EVERYTHING taken care of....which makes me want to immigrate to there. If you're unable to work, there's no ridiculous cycle of applying for disability, get refused, appeal, get refused, appeal, get refused, appeal, get refused, get accepted. Your doctor signs the documents, and the government gives you money.

I'm all FOR Universal health care.

Michael Moore isn't saying anything I haven't said for years.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Beckygdizzle

Beckygdizzle

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 3:19 pm

finally people who arent all "MICHEAL MOORE IS A ROTTEN DOUCHE!"

some anti- micheal moore guy was gonna have to shut down his anti-moore site because of his wifes outrageous medical bills he couldnt afford to keep the site up, micheal moore anonymously donated 12,000 USD, the website is still up and the mans wife's bills were completely covered.

ive dibbed micheal moore as my husband. =]
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 3:35 pm

oh, the irony! Wink
Back to top Go down
Le_Saboteur

Le_Saboteur

Number of posts : 3354
Name : Kendra
Registration date : 2007-04-30

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 8:04 pm

I find it funny when people are all 'blah blah Michael Moore is such a tool, he only wants you to see his side!'

No shit. In reality, documentaries are very rarely objective (especially if they're made by someone like Moore).

America's pretty terrible when it comes to looking after their own. Our healthcare system here used to be THE BEST in the world, but now it's gone the way of most other Western countries. We still get free emergency care, but as soon as you need anything else, you get smacked with a bill. My mum's a courier (at 56, hah, she's super crazy fit), and she fucked her ankle up a few weeks ago. Because she's a contractor she got no ACC (moneys that pay for accidental injury and are meant to pay for recuperation to) at all, but had to be off work for a week AND pay for someone to do her run ($200 a day for five days, $150 for a saturday). Luckily, my dad is a very big earner- over $100, 000 a year before tax, and he took a few days off to help her. Still, she's pretty much broke for having to fork out $550 for someone to do the run, pay $100 for two doctors visit because apparently it wasn't considered a follow up, and more for physio, which she's still doing six weeks later. Grrr. They didn't pay for anything at all, not even physio afterward, and that's only half an hour two days a week.

NZ is going downhill mannn, even shitty State Houses (meant to partially funded by the Government, can only be used by beneficiaries) in the cruddier suburbs are getting up around $300 a week for a three bedroom house.

It costs me $50 to go the doctors. It's only $20 if you have a Community Services Card, but apparently I earn too much, being on minimum wage and all. Pretty. Damn. Ridiculous.

This has turned into a huge rant, and I'm sorry, but this stuff makes me really upset.

Fuck this shit, I'm going to take over the world.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO EmptySat Jul 14, 2007 8:26 pm

ack, I understand shit like that completely. I pretty much hate that.

and Ive already made plans to kill all humans.
join me in my quest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SiCKO Empty
PostSubject: Re: SiCKO   SiCKO Empty

Back to top Go down

SiCKO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Tv & Movies-
Jump to: