The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Healthy Pale?

Go down 
+2
NightmaresOnWax
PolyphonicThought
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NightmaresOnWax

NightmaresOnWax

Number of posts : 1676
Name : Mandy!
Registration date : 2007-04-20

Healthy Pale? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
I started talking to my mom about buying a foundation from party city and she got all pissed off and asked me why I wanted to go goth!!
So, now I'll have to get a friend to drive me there and buy it secretly!

shhhhhh

some good blush should be nice. The only kind I have at home now is EXTREMLY pink and looks EXTREMELY fake!!
Show your mom the website...they have all skin tones. It just so happens that party city offers a really pale one because its usually a base for creepy-esque makeup. It looks perfectly normal by itself though. I use it all the time.

ALSO WHERE IS MY PHOTOCORD??? RAWR!!! I want to post my sweet before//after amazing foundation pictures.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mandy.berthold

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 6:37 pm

What will probably happen is either: A): I will go with friends and buy some.
or B:) Get halloween makeup early this year and get some of that too.

Either way, I want some. It's a good price for how well it works!!
Back to top Go down
Zombiere

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 am

I have been wondering about getting the Dream Matte..But I'm really not sure. My skin isn't THAT oily all the time. But my eye lids can get really oily. lol. It's wierd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2007 9:01 am

NightmaresOnWax wrote:
Cranberry_Juice wrote:
I started talking to my mom about buying a foundation from party city and she got all pissed off and asked me why I wanted to go goth!!
So, now I'll have to get a friend to drive me there and buy it secretly!

shhhhhh

some good blush should be nice. The only kind I have at home now is EXTREMLY pink and looks EXTREMELY fake!!
Show your mom the website...they have all skin tones. It just so happens that party city offers a really pale one because its usually a base for creepy-esque makeup. It looks perfectly normal by itself though. I use it all the time.

ALSO WHERE IS MY PHOTOCORD??? RAWR!!! I want to post my sweet before//after amazing foundation pictures.

Oooh please do! I wanna read the review and see the pics! Luckily I don't really need foundation 'cuz my skin is a pretty pale, and usually clear but yuhhh sounds lovely.
Back to top Go down
FairieTa

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 4:19 pm

have you tried avon mousse foundations, avons cheap, but its one of the few foundations i can get that seems to look natural on my skin, i have funny washed out tones usually confused2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2007 7:47 pm

I look washed out alot too. I don't have an Avon Lady to go to, so it might be hard for me to try it.

I went to Party City today and couldn't find the makeup. I even asked the guy working there and he didn't know where it was but look back closer near Halloween.
Back to top Go down
FairieTa

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 7:22 am

u can get avon products off the avon website... where bout u from... uk..? states? ...cus theres a realy ace place in manchester, uk... X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 12:20 pm

No, I'm a looong way from there! I'm in Tennessee....in the U.S.

I can't order stuff online because have no way of paying for online things.
Back to top Go down
FairieTa

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 4:31 pm

ahhh, sowy hun....didnt realise...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 4:51 pm

i have very pale olive skin, as well. i use a dusting of bareminerals in "light" i think. i don't think that i look sick. maybe you could try a light powder like bareminerals? (they have alot of them out now. i think loreal makes that kind of thing, too, if you're looking for something cheaper--in terms of a first time try)
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 5:14 pm

r!nGw0rM wrote:
oh yeah...the dream matte mouse line has some nice cream foundations with olive undertones

I was going to suggest this. My mom has olive skin that gets REALLY dark in the summer, and sickly in the winter. This mousse really evens out her skin and makes it healthier looking. AAAAANNNNDDD it's so easy to blend (I have issues with liquid foundation, as well, and use this myself). Just be sure to get those makeup sponges (the wedge type) and you're all set! Try a mineral setting powder over it for extra long wear and a gorgeous finish.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 8:11 pm

I'll have to try those. I'm a little scared to use use Dream Matte Mouse because I have extremely dry skin and it might look cakey.
I would LOVE to try to BareMinerals but it is expensive! Even L'orial is kinda expensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Cream and mineral foundations are much better for dry skin than liquid and powder ones...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 8:27 pm

ok!
I've only really used powder (I have some liquid kind, but I can't apply it right so it looks cakey).
I have some mineral powder from Physician's Formula, and it's ok, but it's translucent so it doesn't cover my green skin.
Back to top Go down
obscura

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Mineral makeup is expensive but it last sooooo long. I bought my latest batch a year ago and havent used half of it yet and I wear makeup all the time.
I also have olive skin and the only foundation or powder that have worked with my weird skintone is bare minerals ( "fairly light" ) everything else makes me look like a yellow bananabeast or never blends in properly..
It also makes you very pale-looking but not ugly-pale.
Back to top Go down
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Cranberry_Juice wrote:
ok!
I've only really used powder (I have some liquid kind, but I can't apply it right so it looks cakey).
I have some mineral powder from Physician's Formula, and it's ok, but it's translucent so it doesn't cover my green skin.

I looove that stuff, I have it in Medium Light I think so it covers me pretty nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:41 pm

before you use the dream matte,
MOISTURIZE.

but as a substitute,
you could try CG's Trublend cream version? if the dream matte doesnt work, then the Trublend will. I may have to get their cream version because I get a bit lazy with the liquid every now and then. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 pm

I was looking in the mirror at my grandma's house and she had a new foundation stick. I decided to try on a bit and it worked really well.

Now, just to figure the brand and color...

she also had Dream Matte Mouse and it was pretty good except it was too dark. I've heard that clogs pores, and I have bad enough skin already.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 10:00 pm

thats why I suggested TruBlend Mousse - CG foundations dont clog pores! =D

they dont clog mine, at least, and Ive got horrific skin - the only time people cant see how large my pores are, is when Ive got on my CG stuff! I use this foundation compact by them that I swear by. :]]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:52 pm

I found this on a site and it reminded me of this thread. Don't know if it'll help any, but yeah:

Cool How can you whiten or lighten your skin?
Egg whites are known to lighten the skin, and another natural bleach is lemon juice. You can purchase lemon juice at a local grocery market, and at night after washing and exfoliating your face, apply the lemon juice on areas that you need to be lighten, and leave it on for 30 minutes. After, wash it off and tone and moisturize. Be sure to use SPF and do not be in direct sunlight with the lemon on your face or it will cook your face.

An artificial way to whiten your skin is Ponds Double White Whitening treatment. You cannot purchase this in the USA, so you must purchase it online on ebay or over seas online beauty stores. It works so well that in 2 weeks your skin will appear whiter, the downside is you must continuously use the product or your skin will return to it's natural color.

Maybe that would help? LOL No idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 1:39 pm

haha! The second one sounds illegal! Smile

I heard lemon juice works, but I'mallegic to them and they make me have HUGE ugly rashes.

Egg whites are gross.

thanks though!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 2:11 pm

Egg whites might be gross, but if they get the job done, then I'd think it'd be worth it.
Back to top Go down
justdrag

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 3:49 pm

with liquid foundation are you applying with your fingers or a brush?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healthy Pale?   Healthy Pale? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healthy Pale?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2