The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Makeup Don'ts!

Go down 
+10
Beckygdizzle
Aelwyndaeira
Gloomyjewel
pinkhaired
Lindsay
NightmaresOnWax
kaylalane
Le_Saboteur
PolyphonicThought
shadowsforsale
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 1:01 pm

I also love pale skin, whenever my friends feel pale they stand by me to make themselves feel better... I think tanning beds are like one of THE biggest beauty sins you can commit, they cause skin cancer (eep), I'd rather be pale and alive tbh.

I agree with the orange foundation being a make-up don't, it is actually literally like being in a sea of oompa-loompas here 'cause it's only like the 11 year olds that are naive enough to think thick plastered on foundation looks attractive.

Also, I H A T E eyeliner that runs down under your eyes and smudges, that happened to me today and my friend failed to inform me that my crappy liner had decided to melt and I didn't notice for like an hour. That stuff is evil and it so doesnt look good. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 2:08 pm

kaylalane wrote:
Gross. Everyone here has bright blonde hair and dark skin from tanning beds, but never a true orange. Don't people check the mirror anymore?

Siiiick. Did you know back in the old days it was actually better to be pale instead of tan? Because all the workers would be outside and tan so it was kind of a status symbol that if you were pale, you had money, etc.

Personally I just like being pale with blonde hair and green eyes. I don't like the look of tan unless it's on a person who is NATURALLY darker, then it can look super pretty...
Back to top Go down
cheerios

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 3:02 pm

What I've learned:

If you have really light eyebrows(like blonde) and you don't want to darken them, use a very pale eyeshadow on your brow bone if you're going to use a dark colored eyeshadow.

I've ended up looking like I've had no eyebrows at all before, it's scary =/
Back to top Go down
cheerios

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 3:03 pm

Brittni wrote:
kaylalane wrote:
Gross. Everyone here has bright blonde hair and dark skin from tanning beds, but never a true orange. Don't people check the mirror anymore?

Siiiick. Did you know back in the old days it was actually better to be pale instead of tan? Because all the workers would be outside and tan so it was kind of a status symbol that if you were pale, you had money, etc.

Personally I just like being pale with blonde hair and green eyes. I don't like the look of tan unless it's on a person who is NATURALLY darker, then it can look super pretty...

Yay for pale blondes! nod
Back to top Go down
asdfkari

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 5:43 pm

-improper application.
-people who don't blend their makeup - blending is friggin' key.
-(not really makeup, but...) that nasty stuck-in-the-80's american trailer trash mom bleach blonde hair.
-bad gothic makeup - e.g. swirly designs etc etc that are done improperly, and look extremely tacky. or super dark lipstick put on messily, or unblended white skin base...ew.
-badly dyed-at-home hair. i don't care how much you don't want to go to a salon, that brassy nasty orangey blondissima and extremely contrasted roots look horrible on you. bleach THEN dye blonde if you're a brunette. it obviously won't work. god.
-when REALLY pretty people wear the wrong makeup. T_T
-gross eyebrows. c'mon, it makes all the difference and it's like, 10 bucks to get them waxed.
-people who don't know how to do makeup and insist on caking it on before they practice. like these girls, who i know personally.
Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 N795285178_695734_3396
Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 N795285178_668911_3879
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 5:51 pm

oh gah. suppage with that eyeliner? o.o
Back to top Go down
psyche

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm

white lipstick. sure, sometimes it looks good on super-made-up models in makeup adds. but in real life, it's just not meant to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:05 pm

Quote :
pencil thin brows - be cool like Tiinia and draw em on - its better than seeing sparse little hairs and heavy liner!
thank you Puffy!!! you're a sweety!!!

Quote :
Karema, I dont agree with you! Everyone looks better tanned, you just look healthier!
Sarah...I'm sorry but I really have to disagree...90% of naturaly fair skinned girls look horrible with tans
me being one of them
yes having a natural glow or some color to your skin is always nicer looking but not everyone can be tan
if you burn withing 10 minutes of being in the sun, you're not supposed to be tan and you won't look good that way
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 8:39 pm

you're very welcome, Miss Tiinia! =D

and gwar I also hate

BUSHY brows.

I cant bloody stand it >.<
Back to top Go down
shadowsforsale

shadowsforsale

Number of posts : 3315
Name : Elisabeth, Lisabeth, Lizzy, Liz, Lissa

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Pale skin with bronzers. I just about cried when the guy at Sephora put a bronzer on me.. I'm proud of my pale skin, and the bronzer he had was about three shades too dark, and I looked like I'd just gotten out of working at the coal mines. Not everyone is meant to look tan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightsunfaeryfun.blogspot.com
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2007 9:42 pm

I'm pale and I like bronzer. Mines not very dark and it doesn't look like I have bronzer on if I wear it but it does give a healthy glow if you have a good one for your skin tone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am

Blush looks horrible on me because my skin is thin and really, really red, and all the veins show right through it.

Girls like me, don't use blush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 1:54 am

the only real thing i think

is to just not wear make-up that doesn't fit the way you look

just because the girl with the mohawk did it doesn't mean you can
and just because the drag queen did it doesn't mean you should
and just because everyone else did it doesn't mean you should try

some people look good with thick eyebrows
but a unibrow is well...yeah
and some people don't look good tan
but looking good tan and adding more fake tan is gross
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:29 am

i hate when makeup shops don't have any white eyeshadow. because i ix a ton of that with a little bronzer o use as hghlighter.

makeup shops not having what i want is a makeup don't.
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:36 am

ahhh I have more than enough white eyeshadow. hell, you can have mine! >.>!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:44 am

haha aww

is it shimmery?

i shuld wear makeup more often

all im wearing now is a really light creamish coloured bronzer, an off white eyeshadow which sort of blends in with my skin, some powder on y nose, and black mascara
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:48 am

mhm. well, its not WHITE WHITE. but you can layer it, and it is shimmery! I like it as a highlight once my brows are filled in - highlighter makes em reallllly pop cos my brows are so dark. ^.^

and honestly,
you have a basic face done right now - all you need is an eyeshadow, maybe even two for extra definition, and maybe a tinted balm! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:49 am

but i didn't even moisturise or put foundation on >.<

the bronzer is only on my cheekbones to make them look all supermodelly
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:52 am

awwww
psssssh

lately Ive been in LOVE with my CG compact foundation
its my HG compact now :]]]]

and hell,
you were blessed with those cheekbones!
might as well show em off :]

in all seriousness!
your cheekbones = fabbbb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:53 am

awww now i feel special (but omgah you should see rob -late train's- cheekbones!!

you could like... kill someone on them!

pwetty
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 2:58 am

ahh! I hate it when guys are blessed with awesome cheekbones! and the long lashes >.<

its just not fair!

you were blessed,
and I barely got by with mine,

but dammit. I see too many guys that look cuter than me cos of their naturallllly long lashes and their hiiiigh cheekbones and their haiiiir and thier goddamned tranny tunes >.<

and as of a fashion dont, I hate it when girls dont blend the highlighter!

and as of hair, I hate blondes with grody roots - dont go blonde if you have WICKED dark hair and you wont be able to keep up with touchups! totally irks me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 3:00 am

ohhhhh i made a fashion sin with the different coloured roots not one but twice

on PURPOSE

once was whe i had dy7ed my hair black... and i had about 1 inch of roots which i did bright bright red....

second time i went to the trouble of bleachng my roots

and then dyed them blue.(i had brown hair at this point

wtf is WRONG with me?
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 3:05 am

oooo, now that is grody.

I feel your pain [and your hair's pain].

wait, that leads me to another:

girls that never deal with dandruff or wash their hair when they should!

I wash my hair once every seven days/two weeks becuase of product buildup, cos well, its the right thing to do.

but when I see a girl with hair as if she's rolled in mud and pig fat...

it saddens me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 3:07 am

when i FINALLY have my sexy long stepford wife hair

i'm getting purple streaks in it Smile

im going the be the punkest stepford girlfiend/ballerina on the northern beaches Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paleogrl

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2007 9:44 am

I personally think that tans DON'T always look healthy unless you are naturally tan. Maybe I'm saying this because I am pale, but I think pale skin can be very pretty.

This woman came to my work yesterday, and although she was sweet, I couldn't help but judge her a bit by her makeup. She had a very light blue put heavily over her eyes up to the crease, and then some white shimmer thickly on top of that (not blended at all of course), all leading up to these pencil thin brows that were literally half circles they were so round! I'm not an elitist, but that makeup made me unhappy!

And I'm glad to say that I have only seriously commited one beauty sin: my eyebrows are horrible. I need to get them waxed, but it hurts Sad hehe I'm a baby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup Don'ts!   Makeup Don'ts! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Makeup Don'ts!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Glam Yourself Up! :: Makeup & Beauty-
Jump to: