The Cupcake Mafia!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cupcake Mafia!

We're awesome! Join us & be awesome too!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

To Catch a Predator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

To Catch a Predator Empty
PostSubject: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:09 pm

This is a show that has been causing quite the controversy lately and I'm wondering your opinion on it. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a T.V. show in which sexual predators are lured by police acting as underage girls into a house where police are waiting.

So, my personal opinion that what they are doing, as far as catching the sexual predators and putting them behind bars goes but I completly disagree with them televising it for money and ratings. It's ridiculouse that the television stations are willing to exploit such a terrible crime for the sake of entertainment and i'm surprised it's so popular. But I know many people diagree, so, what do you think?

(p.s. if you want a better idea of what the show is, you can find clips on Youtube.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Man, where do you live? They haven't showed that for a while here. I miss it, it's easily my all time favorite.

I think the reason they televise it is not for money and ratings, well, I am SURE that's part of it. But if these pervs think there is a CHANCE that dateline might be there, they might have second thoughts and puss out, NOT going to the house and NOT abusing kids. SO I do think it's good that they are letting the creeps now whats up.

Man, the one where the guy brought his SON there with him, totally made me crrry. ugh, sicccko.

"I'm Chris Hansen with DATELINE NBC, JERK!!!!!" amazing.
Back to top Go down
pedestri

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:45 pm

i'm not surprised its popular. hangings were a popular form of entertainment well into modernity; even now, hundreds of thousands of people watched Saddam Hussein hang.

people suck.

its like Rome all over again
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna
Registration date : 2007-03-28

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 2:48 pm

Never seen it, but I understand the appeal.

And Rachel is right...the world is going back to Roman times.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 3:19 pm

PLATIPUSES wrote:
Man, where do you live? They haven't showed that for a while here. I miss it, it's easily my all time favorite.

I think the reason they televise it is not for money and ratings, well, I am SURE that's part of it. But if these pervs think there is a CHANCE that dateline might be there, they might have second thoughts and puss out, NOT going to the house and NOT abusing kids. SO I do think it's good that they are letting the creeps now whats up.

Man, the one where the guy brought his SON there with him, totally made me crrry. ugh, sicccko.

"I'm Chris Hansen with DATELINE NBC, JERK!!!!!" amazing.

heh, it's not televised here, I stumbled upon in while browsing youtube and I totally agree about the one where that guy brought his kid. Like, wtf, that kid was sooo young and he was all like 'I want to see my son! Rawr!' some people are just unbeleivable.
Back to top Go down
Kirsty

Kirsty

Number of posts : 8159
Name : Kiki, Kirsty
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 4:11 pm

i saw clips of that one tv once...the one with the kid too.
Back to top Go down
http://misskirsty.blogspot.com
PolyphonicThought

Number of posts : 13575
Name : Puff

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 4:51 pm

this cat is fly.

watch it, you may like it...at least, if youre me, cos I pretty much agree with him, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4hXfpdj2x4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 5:33 pm

ohmy Puffy, that's the video that inspired this post =D!
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 pm

oh joy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PolyphonicThought

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 5:41 pm

and I say, that Dan is a looker ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 5:54 pm

Hah, I agree =D!
Back to top Go down
Aelwyndaeira

Aelwyndaeira

Number of posts : 3720
Name : Shauna

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 7:06 pm

Those clips are strangely addictive.

Those men are completely unremorseful. It's shocking!

Now I DEFINITELY see the appeal.
Back to top Go down
http://shaunamcshanemua.blogspot.com
Lindsay

Lindsay

Number of posts : 3491
Name : Lindsay
Registration date : 2007-06-10

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 7:58 pm

I like that show.

I'm just glad the pervs are getting caught.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lin_lin

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Aelwyndaeira wrote:
Those clips are strangely addictive.

Those men are completely unremorseful. It's shocking!

Now I DEFINITELY see the appeal.

Sadly..I came to the same conclusion, which completly contradicts my first post but..bah, Im a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:19 am

I wanna see an episode! I got half way through Dan blabbing on about entrapment and then gave up hahaha. I don't care if it's right or wrong to watch it, so long as these paedophiles are going behind bars!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:11 pm

I totally TIVO that show, if any of you girls live in the US and get MSNBC they show episodes all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Catch a Predator   To Catch a Predator Empty

Back to top Go down

To Catch a Predator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cupcake Mafia! :: Entertainment :: Tv & Movies-
Jump to: